A&A Minis Module Support - Unit Requests

• Cobalt has actually sent me the map already for the scenario.  If you talk to him about it, I bet he can make a non-scenario version with no brodge on it.  Then we could always just throw some arrow lines on or something to show where the brdige is.

MapView doesn’t handle stacking units on top of each other well (like you would need for movable terrain).  It’s on my list to do, but its pretty far down on the list.  :mrgreen:

Mot

• @Motdc:

Cobalt has actually sent me the map already for the scenario.  If you talk to him about it, I bet he can make a non-scenario version with no brodge on it.  Then we could always just throw some arrow lines on or something to show where the brdige is.

MapView doesn’t handle stacking units on top of each other well (like you would need for movable terrain).  It’s on my list to do, but its pretty far down on the list.   :mrgreen:

Mot

Must be a long list, given all the units requests . . .

• And its actually down on the features list, which is seperate from my current obssesion with the AAM modules.  I’ll get back to coding the next MapView version after all the units are added to the modules.

Cobalt actually has sent me some more formatted images of some units for AAM so that helps get those fleshed out.  I have a kind of “look-and-feel” that I’m going for with the scale of the units and the white border etc that takes a little work to get just so.  The white border in particular is trickier than on might think, as Cobal can attest to.  But at this point, its better to have the units in and I can tinker later, so if anyone has Paint Shop Pro or whatever and wants to contribute images then I’ll setup a thread for the guidelines and we can hammer out the complete modules!

Mot

• @Motdc:

if anyone has Paint Shop Pro or whatever and wants to contribute images then I’ll setup a thread for the guidelines and we can hammer out the complete modules!

Mot

Just checking again if anyone would like to help out Cobalt and I in speeding up the addition of units to the modules?

• '19 Moderator

I would love to help, but I have no image programs.  :-(

• Just bought a new mac-book?  Can I help?

• Sorry, Mot, I’m slammed at work and am doing good just keeping up with my games. :|

• @Gamer:

Sorry, Mot, I’m slammed at work and am doing good just keeping up with my games. :|

Hey no problem.  Trust me, I know how hard it is!

• @Half-Track:

Just bought a new mac-book?  Can I help?

Well its not the computer so much as having a program that can edit images.  I use Paint Shop Pro by Jasc myself, but lots of people use more high-end (and expensive) programs like Adobe Photoshop.  I can lay out the steps to convert an image if there are a few people who have the time to give it a try.

Mot

• '19 Moderator

What type of image files do you need?

• The WotC gallery uses jpegs and they need to be converted into bitmaps and then manipulated in terms of size and colors.  The tasks involved are beyond MS Paint, but most any other progam will do.

• Check it, Cobalt gave us all some goodies!

• '19 Moderator

@Motdc:

Check it, Cobalt gave us all some goodies!

You lost me…

• Huh, I guess editing a post doesn’t mark it as new?  I updated the pinned modules thread.

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, I think you need to post a “bump” or Update post

• Hey I’m not picky but the newly added infantry are smaller than the rest.  I have a minime grizzled vet

• '19 Moderator

That’s what happens when you become a Vet, you learn to make yourself small :-D

• but what about being small like those luftwaffe infantry.

• As I kind of mentioned, I have a certain spec that I like the units to follow and its not as easy as it might seem.  But I’ll take any that are submitted that are usable, and I’ll go back and adjust any that dont quite match up later.  Its better to have something mini than nothing at all!

• I agree, they are just fine until later

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m