A&A Minis Module Support - Unit Requests

• Let’s see if XML will show up on the forum…

<category name=“Australia”><token token_id=“SetIII_AU_Veteran_SMLE_Riflemen” token_type=“Image”><pallet_image>AU_Veteran_SMLE_Riflemen_80x60.bmp</pallet_image>
          <drag_image>Drag_Drop_32x32.bmp</drag_image>
          <map_image>AU_Veteran_SMLE_Riflemen_80x60.bmp</map_image>
          Veteran SMLE Rifleman
          <click_region_x>33</click_region_x>
          <click_region_y>18</click_region_y>
          <click_region_w>12</click_region_w>
          <click_region_h>20</click_region_h></token></category>

• Cool, that worked.  DK has volunteered, I owe you beer next time I’m in NYC.

Each pallet tab in MapView is defined in a seperate “category”.  In the example we have the entire Australia tab (there is only one unit right now).

Each unit is defined by a “token” as you see here.

TokenId should follow the format given of Set#_CountryCode_UnitName.  Note the use of underscores instead of spaces.  This is not strictly required by MapView, this just makes some programming tasks easier.

pallet_image and map_image are both the same value.  Note the naming convention for the image file.  Any images that are not in that format should be renamed to that style.  (The 80x60 at the end refers to the image size of 80 wide by 60 high).

drag_image should be Drag_Drop_32x32.bmp, no need to change it.

The Caption is pretty obvious.  Use the unit name exactly, watch for typos etc.

You know all about the click_regions at this point  :evil:

• I’m preparing a zip with everything.  The XML goes into a file called “Common.body”.  It has one of those XML blocks for each unit that is currently defined in MapView.

Your job is to, for each new image in the “image_to_import” folder:

1.  Rename as needed to match conventiones defined.

2.  Place in the “proxy_units\SetX” folder, with X being the set number the unit belongs to.  If a unit is in more than one set, then place it in the set folder that coresponds to the image.  For example, the Quad .50 is in the SetVI folder because I liked the gallery image of that unit from the 39-45 set better than the one in Contested Skys.

3.  Look in Common.body for the appropriate Category/Tab.  You’ll see subsections for each letter A,B,C, etc.  Based on the units name, find the correct location for the units XML block to go.  (Obviously if there are other units that begin with the same letter, sort alphabetically…Ranger goes before Red Devil etc).

4.  Create the XML block needed.

5.  Run the bat file included to compile the modules.  You will see a message, success or fail, for each module.  If successful, copy the modules from the Output folder to your usermods folder and start MapView.  Make sure everything looks good!

Lather, Rinse, Repeat…

• get to work DK, have a nice vaca MOT>  we’ll be here when you get back!!!

• Ok test run sucessful.  Added UK_Comet A-34. And it looks like Mot had the Soviet Grenadier.

Mot says he’ll be back in a week so there’s no sense to add an update to mapview 1.11.

But when he comes back hopefully all the units from Sets III & V will be tailor made for the new mapview version 1.11.

• You da man!

• '19 Moderator

Is there a new Grizzled Vet?  That thing is kinda sad, if you need one let me know and I’ll make it.

• Oh you mean the tiny vet?  I actually got re-sized Bren, Griz. Vet, Vet SMLE, Communist Pars., Luftwaffe inf, and the Inspiring hero that I’m just gonna swap out the bmps. and click regions.

One thing though DZ, I can’t find the click regions notepad for 6 of the Soviet units in mot’s “units to add file”.  Everything else seemed to be just fine.  My trial period of Corel PSP ran out on my new laptop, which kinda pissed my off.  If you could get the click regions for the following units that would be great for now.

Su-85,  Katyusha, Red Army Observer, Cossack cavalrymen, Il Sturmovik.
    Thanks DZ.

• '19 Moderator

Katyusha

Cossack Cav

IL 10

Red Army FO

Sov Gren

SU 85

• got it…

Thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures