• It’s a realy good movie, also a realy sad one.

• 2007 AAR League

its ok.

• Personally I think the movie made the Rangers look kind of like pussies, which I would like to say is not true. I have worked with the Rangers, and their actions have earned my respect. They aren’t the scared kids they where depicted as, they are real warriors.

More attention should have been brought to  the fact that despite being outnumbered by thousands, casualties where trivial, and they inflicted over a thousand casualties on the militia.

• Very close to the book which was well researched BTW. The only real difference is in the movie some characters are composits and it can get a touch more confussing about who is who when cutting back and forth between the groups.  M36 stop and consider the predicament a lot of these guys were in, cut off in an unfamiliar and unfriendly urban environment; not carrying their normal equipment; low on ammo; and for some out of communication.

• '19 Moderator

I know a few Rangers and I have a couple buddies that wear the crash helmits.  From what I hear the reactions in the movie were pretty acurate.  I was in the Army at the time and I was so pissed when they showed that crap on TV.  We all thought for sure that it was on Like donkey kong, but our CinC was a little light in the testical department.  At least thats how we saw it.  I was personaly ashamed when we pulled out.

Anyway if you have the time read the book, I’ve read it twice, damn good stuff, a good insight into the views aof some hard soldiers.  I’ve wanted to try for a combat jack ever since I read it…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m