• My “summer weight” BDU’s in the Army tore a HELL of a lot easier than my old fatigues in the Air Force…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

No idea.  Can only say that the ones issued in the 90’s seemed to be working just fine.  Worst tear I ever had was a tiny little thing and it never got bigger.

• '19 Moderator

Well Switch is apparently a bit older than me, though I can say I joined in the 80s.  May 18th 1989.  I remember being at the dendtist, one of the few places we could see news from the real world, when the News was talking about Iraq Invading some country called Kuwait that we’d never heard of.  LOL, six monthes later I got my first National Defence medal.

Anyway, I don’t mind the digital camo patern, it’s the uniforms them selves that I don’t like.  I think the patern is pretty good for urban, and if your sneeking around as an infantry scout you’ll have a guilly suit anyway.  The problem I have with them is they are suposedly wrinkle proof (that’s what they say every time we get a new uniform) the process aparently makes them not breath.  If you wash them about 100 times they get beter, but I still kinda feel like I’m wearing pajama’s.

I think the AF should go back to the od greens, what do they need camo for anyway.  They were testing some blue camo a couple years ago, but someone must have realized how retarded they looked because I haven’t seen them lately.

• Apparently the Air Force has went with a “tiger stripe” patter that has Air Force blue in it. I guess they figured the pattern would blend in with the light coming in the office window from the venetian blinds.  :-D

• '19 Moderator

LMAO, raar! Airforce tigers raar…

• I don’t care if I am former USAF Academy, that was funny right there :-)

@ncscswitch:

I don’t care if I am former USAF Academy, that was funny right there :-)

Go get 'em Tiger.  That’s a good sport!

• '19 Moderator

LMAO, it keeps getting better.  They have a mens and womens cut…

1Tiger_Stripe_1.jpg

• '19 Moderator

If you bring a couple ferns into the office you’ll blend right in… :roll:

• @dezrtfish:

Well Switch is apparently a bit older than me, though I can say I joined in the 80s.  May 18th 1989.  I remember being at the dendtist, one of the few places we could see news from the real world, when the News was talking about Iraq Invading some country called Kuwait that we’d never heard of.  LOL, six monthes later I got my first National Defence medal.

A National Defense medal…in Iraq?

• '19 Moderator

National Defence Service Medal isn’t what it sounds like, http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/natdef.shtml

• @dezrtfish:

National Defence Service Medal isn’t what it sounds like, http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/natdef.shtml

Sort of the Sec. of Defense kinda thing…I guess

Weird that you can buy those things.

• accually not so much, many retiered or prier service members may want to replace old or damaged ribbons and medals. i got to replace one of mine and also want a few extra sets for various resons.

• '19 Moderator

Ah the “I love me” display I can’t wait to have mine on the wall, I’d do it now, but it keeps changing.  :wink:

• Ok, I can understand veterans getting replacements/duplicates, but just selling to the general public seems kinda…disrespectful?  Devaluing the importance of the award…

But at least I know I can play a general or something for Halloween if I want to.

• @dezrtfish:

Ah the “I love me” display I can’t wait to have mine on the wall, I’d do it now, but it keeps changing.  :wink:

accually it’s my wife who wants it, not me. i could care less about it, but she wants it so we are doing it.

@Jermofoot:

Ok, I can understand veterans getting replacements/duplicates, but just selling to the general public seems kinda…disrespectful?  Devaluing the importance of the award…

But at least I know I can play a general or something for Halloween if I want to.

be carfull with that, it’s a federal offence if cought. i don’t know all the laws on it, but i remember a guy locally going to trial over doing that hear in WA, he went to a funeral though. didn’t hear the virdict, i was younger so i didn’t pay much attention.

I don’t even understand why we have the ribbon/medal at all, you know?  You get one for service in the war zone you were in AND you get the National Defense on top of it.

/shrug.

Sorry, I was being an idiot, trying to understand military bureaucracy!  When will I learn?

Anyway, I have ordered backups of most of my ribbons, and yea, I was kinda shocked that they never bothered to ask for my DD214 for proof I earned them.  But then, what about guys getting them replaced before discharge, etc?

I dunno.  I’m not so worried about people wearing medals they have not earned.  If they’re that cowardly and dishonest, then that’s something they’ll have to live with.  No skin off my nose if someone wants to pretend they were in Vietnam and they were not.

• there is also the medal you get for being state side in support of the war. so this medal is realy just a chest filler IMO.

@Pervavita:

there is also the medal you get for being state side in support of the war. so this medal is realy just a chest filler IMO.

This is the stateside medal for serving during war.

You also get Army Service Ribbon just for enlisting. (Or navy, air force, marines, etc.)

I have Army Service, National Defense, Global War on Terrorism, Iraqi Campaign (Operation Iraqi Freedom) and Purple Heart.  Two of them seem totally redundant (National Defense and Army Service…of course I was army, see the uniform!?!? and National Defense, what, I was going to be in the army and not defend myself???)

• '19 Moderator

I’ll admit it seems like over kill, but I think it was Napolean that said “Men will die for a little bit of ribbon”

besides they’re pretty  :-D

ribbons.JPG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m