• BTW:  When I went through BCT at USAFA we actually STILL were wearing the old OD Green FATIGUES!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

BTW:  When I went through BCT at USAFA we actually STILL were wearing the old OD Green FATIGUES!

Yer OLD!

Pickle suits have been gone HOW long now?

• '19 Moderator

We had the old pot’s like a44BigDog’s avatar, but the od’s were long gone.

• It was ONLY 1987…  :roll:

@ncscswitch:

It was ONLY 1987…  :roll:

And I was only ten years old in 1987. :)

• Hey, my first Commander in Chief was Ronald Reagan.  I am not THAT old :-P

Okay, the first president I experienced was Jimmy Carter, so I guess you aren’t that old.  But wait, the first President I can actually remember was Ronald Reagan, so maybe you are?

Let’s see, in 1987 I moved from Bolingbrook, IL to Hoffman Estates, IL.  I was in the 5th Grade and had just gotten my first training bra.

You were issued a full suit of adult clothing and were signing legally binding contracts.  Hmm….maybe you are old?

• My first POLITICAL memory is the resignation of Nixon.

I admit that I am now alive in my 5th decade (alive in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and 00’s), But I am actually a Rabbie (The generation after Yuppies, the Rabbies… Reagan Babies; now known as the oldest GenXer’s)

And GenX is not a generation… it was Billy Idol’s first group (the one that had White Wedding as a hit).

Lastly…  I HATE digital camo.  The first 100 times I saw Marines wearing it at Lejeune it was all I could do to not laugh…

• Our’s isn’t really that bad. At least we have more than one kind.

And just as a note, my first memory of politics was Bill Clinton getting blow jobs in the oval office…Kind of a bad introduction.

• I have to be honest…

If I were to ever become President…

There would be a WAITING LIST for women to sit under my desk and give Lewinski’s in the Oval Office  :evil:

If I were President, I’d be in Congress with a six shooter on my hip and a duster on my shoulders asking them, politely, to please pass my bills so I can sign them into law without needing to shed blood.

But that’s just me.  I want to be the first female and the most effective, President ever to trod Capitol Hill.  :evil:

• my first poltical memory was the 2000 election but the first memory that i understood was the the 2004 election. and i’ve liked politics ever since. but to stay on topic what has happened to the navy? you never hear about them. its always the marines and the army. never really hear about the air force either.

• Nixon… Regan… Carter… Clinton?? Hell I’m not THAT old!

My first distinct political memory was the assassination of Bobbie Kennedy. That was big enough to grab the attention of a 6 yr. old. In fact 1968 was a bad year to be living near Chicago IL during the Democratic National Convention. I remember seeing the rioting on nightly tv. My older sister, just of driving age wanted to go. Parents said no way in hell. Obviously I didn’t understand what was going on in the nation at the time, nor Vietnam. ~ZP

• Anybody hungry?

• Well Cyan, since no other nation on the planet even has a super carrier, the navy has no challenger. The same pretty much goes for the air force. No nation has the advanced stealth technology that we do (Those that do are our allies) and from the looks of it the new F-22 Raptor is the most advanced fighter ever to take to the skies, and in exercises can take on groups of F-18s and still come out on top.

The land, however, will always be a battlefield. No military, no matter how advanced can gain complete dominance of it. While once again, the United States has the finest warriors on the face of the earth, (Me being one of them :-D) the enemy can still hide in caves. It is difficult to hide a ship in a cave, but a few men armed with Ak 74s can hide quite easily.

• Did someone just say they never hear about the Air Force :?

Look at my avatar!  :-P

As for the Navy…
    Lets start with the submariners…
    150 men go down…
    75 couples come up.
    :evil:

• Well its true Switch. It’s us and the Army guys who get killed, so we are the ones the civvies here about on the six o’clock news.

United States Air Force, taxi drivers for the United States Army.
    United States Navy, cruise ships for the United States Marine Corps.

:P

Air Force does the flyin, Infantry does the dyin.

• Pervavita your description of boot camp is about what Infantry school was like. One of the pleasures was walking 5 or so miles to classes and that did not even count for all the mandatory road marches.  You are still off base on the WWII PTO Nimitz had ground units under his control in his area. MacArthur was in command in the south west pacific more or less where Japan’s money Islands are at in the game.

Switch is probably a year or two older than me but I remember Nixon resigning and all that. My Avatar pic is from '87 as well and obviously the Army already had BDUs except for Rangers and Special Forces that wore the Vietnam era OD 107 slant pockets. As far as rip stop goes it seems the stuff always ripped along the reinforcement threads. We used to call them “rip starts”. The above mentioned 107s did not rip as easy and seemed a bit thinner. The Marine digital doesn’t look that bad to me but the Army stuff sticks out like a sore thumb in a temperate environment.

They started to rip easy, but the rips took some effort (at least on my uniforms) to get through the fishline cross hatching.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m