• Anyone want to bet against my Patriots ending the season with a perfect record and another Super Bowl ring?

:-D

• Ok, I’ve gotten into football again this year.  Glad to see my former favorite team, the Cowboys, do pretty well this year (yet still choke…).

I’d love to see a perfect season by the Patriots just to be there and saw I witnessed it.  But many Patriots fans, just like any team or game, really annoy the hell out of me (not you Switch, didn’t even know you were a fan).  I do think they are kind of prickish too, but they are playing football, so what do you expect?

I’d also like them to take down the team that knocked the Boys out.

At the same time, I have a soft spot for rooting for underdogs.

However, Switch, I really hope the Patriots lose because of this:

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10613134

As far as bets go, I’m not up on how it works too well, so I’m not in a position to do so.  And since the Patriots are likely to win, I guess we’d have to bet on by how much?

• I don’t know what to do, I’m a Cowboys fan so I should want the Giants to lose, but I hate the Patriots so much, I can’t bare to see them win another super bowl! :cry:

Well, at least I’ll get to watch the game, no pointless patrols or crap like that. :mrgreen:

• 2007 AAR League

well, i will root for the underdog, but i dont care who wins this one.

second to that, the celtics have the best record in the NBA, the bruins are a top notch hockey team, the red sox won the series, and the patriots are unstoppable.

its like Boston is directly challenging all NY teams for supremacy.

• Truth be told, I bleed a little black and gold…  You cannot have grown up in western PA in the 70’s and not be a fan of the Steelers.

But I started rooting for the Patriots back when Grogan was still their starting QB… going out on the field with his neck brace and a walker  :-P  In that time I have had to deal with the humiliating loss to Da Bears in what was the most lopsided Super Bowl in history… even the Fridge scored against New England that game…  Then in subsequent seasons my Patriots ended with seasons like 1-15, being the only team to beat Buffalo before Buffalo lost the Super Bowl to whoever.

Perfection…  A New England victory tonight and I can then pick my next underdog team to root for for the next 20+ years  :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I believe the Hutch said it would be a shut out, Giants over Patriots.

But I’ve only watched two professional football games EVER.  1985 Super Bowl.  2005 Super Bowl.  Both when the Bears were playing.

• Jen would have to bring up 1985 to a Patriots fan :-P

Just SuperBowl Shuffle your ass back to the kitchen their girl!

But if my Patriots do not pick it up in the second half, they are SCREWED!

Holy little smokey!

You were a patriots fan in 1985!?!?

Wow.  Hey, sinchewazup, git me a beer.  Cause I ain’t doin no kitchen, wee little boy.

• Thank god the Patriots won! a perfect 19-0 record…er wait… oh NM

• OK, I am DISGUSTED.

That was pitiful.

And I am heading for bed.

I’ll post in my games tomorrow evening…

What a fracking let down!  18-1, with the 1 being the one that counted!

• @Imperious:

Thank god the Patriots won! a perfect 19-0 record…er wait… oh NM

LMAO – GO GIANTS!!!

(Yes, I’m a bandwagon jumper, but it’s nice to see the Pats lose!)

• Lol

Us 17
    Icky icky them 14

:-D

• 2007 AAR League

hey the underdog did win!

what about that catch on the recievers helmet……luuuucky.

• Props to the Giants for beating the “unbeatable” team.  8-)

• “Karma’s a B***h” for the CHEATERS in New England.  8-)

I was definitely rooting for New England (having lived there most of my life), and that was a bit of a disappointment. But Defense wins games…

GG

@Cmdr:

I believe the Hutch said it would be a shut out, Giants over Patriots.

But I’ve only watched two professional football games EVER.  1985 Super Bowl.  2005 Super Bowl.  Both when the Bears were playing.

:)

Giants > Patriots, as called. Though, it wasn’t a shut out.

But does this mean you boys will stop questioning my supreme intellect?  No.  Stubborn boys!

• @balungaloaf:

well, i will root for the underdog, but i dont care who wins this one.

second to that, the celtics have the best record in the NBA, the bruins are a top notch hockey team, the red sox won the series, and the patriots are unstoppable.

its like Boston is directly challenging all NY teams for supremacy.

It does seem like a monopoly, but the Celtics are in the weaker conference (still a great team, though), and the Bruins aren’t as good as you say.  They aren’t bad, just about average this year (would make the last spot in the playoffs if it were today).

@Imperious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8

Man, I saw that a few weeks ago and never thought to post it here.  Pretty funny, but there are a million “redubs” of this scene.

@balungaloaf:

hey the underdog did win!

what about that catch on the recievers helmet……luuuucky.

Yeah, big ass play…but you neglect to mention that Eli somehow made it out of a surefire sack to throw that ball!

It was a great game, enjoyed it very much.  But man, did those commercials suck.

• 2007 AAR League

commercials were subpar.  i wonder why.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m