Axis & Allies World Championship 2008

• So a 15 bid would mean that the axis player can place only 7 ipc’s worth of material on the board in the normal locations.

There isn’t restrictions on where the units can be placed? ie… w/the 7 ipc’s Germany can place an art & inf in the same territory, WRU (western Russian) for example? Is this correct?

• Absolutely correct! The 8 IPCs cash from your example could either be provided to Germany or to Japan or split up.

Bye
    Lili

• 2007 AAR League

Alas, I might have to pull out of the running for this Tounament as I will be away for the month of May on Holidays and will have limited access to be able to play as I will be travelling. Sorry about any inconvenience.
    There are plenty of players better than me on this site anyway that will be able to take my place should they choose to do so.

• Lili,

If it is not too late to sign up for qualifying, I would like to do so.

Please let me know what I need to do to sign up for the Qualifying rounds…

• 2007 AAR League

I believe I will join and take up the A&A.org banner, as well.

• @Randmacts:

Alas, I might have to pull out of the running for this Tounament as I will be away for the month of May on Holidays and will have limited access to be able to play as I will be travelling. Sorry about any inconvenience.

Hi Rand,
    holidays (especially in May) are really no problem. Let me explain: You can take a break of two weeks in the game anyway (e.g. because of holidays). Additional the first qualifying game lasts until May 15th. So if your game is not over until your holidays begin you can take your take your official two weeks break and the game will be judged. So if you don´t linger too much in your game before May, there´s really no problem. Of course, the decision whether to take part or not, is up to you.

Cheers
    Lili

• @ncscswitch:

Lili,
    If it is not too late to sign up for qualifying, I would like to do so.
    Please let me know what I need to do to sign up for the Qualifying rounds…

Superb that you decided to take part. There´s nothing else to do for you (of course you could sign-up yourself on our tourney site, if you wish). You´ll get a mail shortly before the Championships start.

@U-505:

I believe I will join and take up the A&A.org banner, as well.

It seems axisandallies.org is gaining ground again… :-D I already read your mail. Thanks for joining.

• Hi,

half of the time for applications is over now, but you still have two weeks to sign-up for the Axis & Allies World Championship.

Meanwhile (after two weeks) we have more than 30 participants from 4 A&A clubs. The players come from 5 countries (of course most of the players come from DAAK and are germans).

As we said earlier, each player is not only fighting for his own kudos but also for his club. Now a player from AAMC called attention to the point that it would be a honor to play for the mother country. We will implement this as well. In my case it would be: Lili Marleen, DAAK, Germany.

Let´s see if we can increase the number of participants until the end of the registration deadline at February 29th.

Cheers
    Lili

Wow, over 30 so far, that’s great!

I was just scrolling through the thread again and here are the A&A org people that look like they are playing:

1)  Rand (maybe)
    2)  JWW
    3)  DarthMaximus
    4)  Switch
    5)  U-505

If I missed anyone or you want to sign-up just send an email to the one that was provided (first post I think).

So far we’re sending some pretty big guns to play.  :-)

• @DarthMaximus:

If I missed anyone or you want to sign-up just send an email to the one that was provided (first post I think).

aaworldcup@daak.de

@DarthMaximus:

So far we’re sending some pretty big guns to play.  :-)

Looking forward to host these fine players. We´ll see if we can stop this invasion and keep the title in good old Germany!  :-D :evil:

• @DarthMaximus:

1)  Rand (maybe)
    2)  JWW
    3)  DarthMaximus
    4)  Switch
    5)  U-505

Btw: You are all playing for Uncle Sam? (or anybody from the UK?)

@DarthMaximus:

Wow, over 30 so far, that’s great!

Like in ebay, I hope the last days will increase this number.  :-)

I believe Rand is in Australia.

• Lili……U.S.A. for me.

I think I might need to watch the move Miracle before participating in this tourney.

DM, do I need to like V-05 now, if we are both playing for AAORG and the stars and stripes?

DM you can be our Mike Eruzione. “Mike Eruzione, Winthrop Mass,… I play for the USA”.

• 2007 AAR League

@JWW:

DM, do I need to like V-05 now, if we are both playing for AAORG and the stars and stripes?

I was leaning toward Tibet, but I can represent France or North Korea so you don’t have to break with tradition.  :wink:

• I represent the United States of America as a nation…
    AxisandAllies.org as a club
    And the United States Air Force as a veteran :-)

• @ncscswitch:

I represent the United States of America as a nation…
    AxisandAllies.org as a club
    And the United States Air Force as a veteran :-)

and your state?

• Dual allegiance there…
    Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of North Carolina.

• @ncscswitch:

Dual allegiance there…
    Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of North Carolina.

how so?

does your neighbourhood stretches to both states?

or your house maybe :mrgreen:

there is a few cases, personally know for one man whose garden( yard ) is partially in Bosnia and Herzegovina and partially in Croatia, and he has problems since he is subjected to both country laws :|

• I am a native of Pennsylvania.  Spent the first 27 years of my life there (excluding military service), and in a lot of ways that is still “home”.  But I have been in NC for 11 years and counting…

• @ncscswitch:

I am a native of Pennsylvania.  Spent the first 27 years of my life there (excluding military service), and in a lot of ways that is still “home”.  But I have been in NC for 11 years and counting…

ah, i see

are those states close

they are in NE USA, right?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m