• I’m smitten with the concept of Heroscape interlocking hex tiles but don’t want to invest in that game.  I’d also like a three inch hex.  Any ideas out there to make really accurate sized hexes that I can make into different thicknesses and create a contoured valley.  I’m toying with plywood and styrofoam so far.  I think it needs a hex shaped long piece of material that I can then cut slices like a loaf of bread.

Audacity

• Heres what I use to cut hexes. Its wood, carefully cut into a precise hex shape. Small nails were driven into tiny pre-drilled holes, and then another layer of wodd added over the nail heads. Only a very tiny bit of the nail point is exposed on the bottom, and make sure the stencil does not shift while cutting. I screwed a coupl ewooden checkers onto the top layer as a handle. I use this, and trace around it with a razor balde to make my hexes from styrofoam and I use a lot of foamboard too.
    You can save some cutting time if you first cut a long strip the exact width of the hex. Then when you are cutting out each hex, you only need cut 4 of 6 sides.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m