• Well perhaps if McCain selects Arnold Schwarzenegger as VP it will be something different. You heard it first from me.

• Arnold won’t work. he dosn’t meet the criteria to be President and as the first in line to be president if McCain dies there would be no point. we know the Dems will use that against McCain if he gets the nomination (expetally if it’s Clinton inc or rather as i heard on the radio yesterday a caller called her the Shrilldabeast). Arnold would be a suicide bomb in the McCain run if as VP.
    i would also like to point out that CA under the guidence of Arnold came vary close to getting socialized medicen this last week. it was ironicly shot down by the stat DEMs but not because they didn’t want it, but because of money. Arnold was pushing for it.
    my point on that is that you can tell a lot about some in polatics by the political company they keep. or expetally hire.
    McCain has as his National director of Hispanic outreach a man called Juan Hernandez. the guy is a pro open boarder guy and hear McCain is hiring him to work for him. the place i heard about it was hear on Glenn Beck. the interview has a few quotes, on from McCain and the other from Hernandez.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Exactly the thought I had, Perv.  Arnold is not a naturally born American and thus cannot be President, unless, like in Demolition Man, we amend the Constitution to let him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if McCain doesn’t ask Obama to be his Vice President.  They have a lot of common ground between them and it would secure to black caucus and may even destroy Hillary’s bid for the White House.  This, of course, assumes that Obama loses on Super Tuesday.

• Arnold won’t work. he doesn’t meet the criteria to be President and as the first in line to be president if McCain dies there would be no point.

This is not true exactly…. Arnold can still be VP and if the president dies the job passes to the sec of state which will be Rudy G. Thank you very much!

Arnold turned around California and got alot of change done with the freeking state is full of wackos and old hippies who hate his philosophy. But the people love him and the Latins will vote for him over anybody else because they view him as macho and thats important for Latinos for some reason.

I already checked… Arnold is good to go.

Dunno if Arnold would fly, even if he cannot succeed to President, people will still view him as the de facto President in Waiting.

I guess if McCain did something smart, reconciled with Romney, and asked him to VP so at least he could have one conservative on the ticket.

But, given McCain’s history of actions, it seems more likely he’ll team up with a Democrat.  He has on every piece of legislation he’s pushed for in the Senate, why would he do something different when running for President?

I see a McCain-Obama vs Hillary-Edwards or McCain-Lieberman vs Hillary-Bill (no rule saying that a former president cannot be VP you know)

• I told you, Huckabee will be McCain’s VP.

Remember, you heard it from me first!  :-D

Well, it would explain why Huckabee has not quit yet.  With Huckabee still running, some votes will be drained from Romney.

However, imagine how strong the ticket would be if it was Romney-Huckabee?

Besides, I still doubt, very much, that McCain will team with a republican.  He has no history of working with republicans.

• @Cmdr:

However, imagine how strong the ticket would be if it was Romney-Huckabee?

A couple of points stronger than Romney on his own at most.  Their core support is the Religious Right, no gain by putting two of those together since they automatically both have the same core support.

I’d say the “religious” right isn’t the “core” of anyone.

Fiscal Conservatives are a Core
    Judicial Conservatives are a Core
    Economic Conservatives are a Core (different in that they want to see the economy grow, not government spending decrease)
    Foreign Relation Conservatives are a Core (immigration, alliances, etc)
    Domestic Security Conservatives are a Core (aka, war on terrorism, military spending, military development and research, etc)
    Governmental Conservatives are a Core (as in they want smaller government with less power and states with more power)

Of those 6 pillars of Conservatism all have religious constituents as well as secular constituents.  However, I do not see religion as a core of the republican party.  Partially because that would imply that Christians want to impose a national religion and that is patently anti-conservative as it violates just about every one of the core constituencies.

The “religious Reich” are a bunch of religious people who want less restrictions on practicing their faith, less government influence and more state support.

Wow, why haven’t I found this yet? I like unread replies button too much!  :-D

Pro-Life
    Pro-Guns
    Pro-Military
    Pro-Veterans
    Pro-Civil Liberties
    Pro-Border Control
    Pro-Sound Currency
    Anti-Welfare State
    Anti-Tax Increases

But I don’t have much to say, cause in the end, I find everyone can at least agree with 75% of what Paul says, and just won’t vote for him cause they think he will lose…

And I’m still trying to find out how someone can think he is a Nazi…

GG

• You could have posted a shorter post by just saying…
    He is a Libertarian…

:-D

Well, most Republicans believe in all that, or just about everyone I knew/know… Like he says in the Debates, he is the truest “Republican” just not the most popular one.

Plus, some libertarians (like yourself if I’m correct) are Pro-Abortion…

GG

• No, I am not “pro-abortion”

I am “pro keeping government the hell out of determining what people do to their own bodies”

• 2007 AAR League

i never said he was a nazi.  i was just saying that he didnt return contributions to white supremacy groups.  and that his writings, or not his writings, depending on what you think of the deal, were not to flowery for minorities.

its just what i know.

but it doesnt matter, b/c the democrats have the GrandDragon of the KKK(Bryd).  or actually it does, b/c democrats can be racists all day long and nobody cares(bill clinton).  republicans dont allow it.

• 2007 AAR League

one aside to a tricky debate……the abortion debate.

why is it than in SanFrancisco, a women who finds out she is 2 weeks pregnant, and gets attacked by a man who slices into her womb on purpose to kill the embryo, he gets muder 1 charges.

if she decides to kill it, she’s a noble feminist or something like that, who has “choices”.

HUGE DOUBLE STANDARD.  that even goes against the law.  the law says its a human to be protected if someone else kills the baby.  but not if she wants to.    something doesnt make sense.

c’mon philosophers,…what do we make of this situation.

i’m done with this one.  runs away

• THe reason for that is that the Conservative Right has managed to get the “murder” of a fetus codified into law, but has not managed to take control of a woman’s own body.

It is simply an illustration of the state of flux in US law.

• 2007 AAR League

perhaps.  but i dont really think republicans or conservatives would have codified that into law.  it was probably already in the books from a long time ago before there was this thing called the 60’s.(shrill, unhappy, worthless decade)

so i really dont think a “conservative” aspect put it into law.

i think it comes down to that nobody ever will go to a woman at any part of pregnancy and tell her that her murdered baby isnt a human being.  that just wouldnt go over well at all.

so maybe its pragmatism.

Switch: By Definition you are pro-abortion. If you think someone should have the right…

Bungaloaf: lol, that stuff. Considering the amount of dirt on you can find on anyone else, I think he is pretty good with his record. Of course I don’t know everyone’s record…

Not returning a campaign contribution? The group stated that they knew he wasn’t a white supremacist! They gave it to him because he wants to secure the border, and he wants to remove Foreign aid from Israel (plus all Arab Countries)

The writings are questionable, but he took responsibility for them (even if he didn’t write them) and his actions speak louder then his words…

lol, quite a description of the dems… But you still haven’t proved to me that Paul is a racist…

GG

• 2007 AAR League

he may not be.  i dont know.  its only suspect, not proven.

Gotcha… Although I will say this much he really needs to work on his public speaking. The only reason he wins the polls after the debates is because he can garnish bi-partisan support, not necessarily cause he can communicate them, and that is how he is losing part of the Right.

GG

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m