@Imperious:

Yea those troops are our ‘Big Stick’ to keep bully’s away ( China, former warsaw pact, Balkans)

The Balkans and France have caused 2 world wars and many smaller wars just by themselves. We should hope to have an army in Germany to protect Europe from itself.

Your sarcasm, or lack of it, is confusing…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Jermofoot:

@Cmdr:

President Bush was the first president in American history to FUND stem cell research.

He’s pro-stem cell research.

Wow, what an accomplishment.  No President before him has had the chance, really.  But you are completely wrong.  CONGRESS funded stem cell research, Presidents can only endorse it.

He’s pro-junk stem cell research, but not pro-embryonic stem cell research.

@Cmdr:

250 million dollars given to Stem Cell Research with the blessing of President Bush.

President Clinton NEVER gave even a penny to Stem Cell Research.  Before Mr. Clinton, there was no stem cell research to be done.  Not saying Clinton’s choice was bad.  But let’s not pretend that Bush was anti-stem cell research.

He was ANTI-Cloning from stem cells.  He is PRO stem cell research.

People have been working with stem cells since the 60s or so.  But it hasn’t been a hope since early 2000s (i.e., not much attention until very recently).

He’s anti-embryonic, which has the most potential.

I actually have no idea how Ron Paul feels on it.

You are incorrect.  Embryonic does NOT have the most potential.  They have a method to artificially create stem-cells and it is the artificial cells that actually have the most potential.

You are also incorrect on the funding aspect.  President Bush could have vetoed the spending and Congress would NOT have had the power to over ride it.  So he DID become the first president to fund it.  He even CALLED for the funding, as I showed in his speech.  That speech was in the first month he was in office!

• THis is  Ron Paul thread not a Stem Cell thread.

A mention of stem cells was relevant to point out position statements.  A debate on Stem Cells is NOT on topic.

Save it for the PD venue (I believe there was a link posted to one on another site when PD was shut down here)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m