• @Krieghund:

I know that the mold for the German tanks was changed for Revised because they thought the Europe mold was too big for the spaces on the board.

I just cant belive this, the europe mold was the best. It is not the piece that take space on the map, its the chips it stand on. I actually cry when they mess up pieces like that. The Bulge tank is not as good as the europe tank, cause the too big barrel makes it look weird.

Anyway, just got my Guadalcanal game today, opened it two houers ago, and guess what the cruisers was switched. The US cruiser actually was orange, and the japanese was green. Now I think that the wizzard/Avalon folks dont understand the motivation of people that buy wargames with miniatures. But the nwe fighter was better than the old p38, so I guess the p38 is out of production for all the A&A games in the future, and maybe the Stuka too ?

• Official Q&A

@Adlertag:

Anyway, just got my Guadalcanal game today, opened it two houers ago, and guess what the cruisers was switched. The US cruiser actually was orange, and the japanese was green.

Contact Wizards Customer Service.  They will replace them.

@Adlertag:

But the nwe fighter was better than the old p38, so I guess the p38 is out of production for all the A&A games in the future, and maybe the Stuka too ?

That’s probably a safe bet!

• Aldertag hear is a link to where I talked about getting my replacement cruisers with the correct molds in the correct color:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=10827.0

And as far as the pieces getting ‘mixed up’ does anyone think they just use what they have?

I mean initially the game comes out and the designer has a look in mind so you get those great Red pieces in the A&A Pacific and the alternate US Fighters. Or those Ivory (?) UK pieces in D-Day and so on.

But as the games get produced the initial pieces run out and they have left overs and what have you from other games and use those. Or they get a break on the Raw plastic in some other color and use that as the next batch et al?

Hence the Bulge Tanks in a Revised set. Why make Revised tanks when we can just make Bulge tanks?

I think the Hellcats will make there way back into the Pacific sets because of Guadalcanal.

Of course this is pure speculation but it is fun.

• '11

If they get rid of the Junkers Stuka for the German forces, perhaps the Messerschmitt BF-109 will replace it. That would be a cool addition.

• :roll:
    I got green german Inf and grey US inf in an AA box once, probibly my 3rd set. So I got out my model paints to fix the problem. When I finally finished I had three games worth of all painted miniatures!
    I was tired of my infantry always falling over so I mounted them on pennies, glued sand on the bases, (and top of the penny) painted the sand and the edge of the penny to match the nationality and they fit very nicely on top of the chip stacks!
    I did most of my painting while actually playing games of AA, so no wasted time, fun and production all at the same time.
    I have had several offers to sell one of my painted sets, but no one has offered me what I think it is worth. so I take them to tourneys and Wow the players with my cool figures, (not great playing, unfortunately. Seems that great painted figs don’t fool the luck of the rolls either  :-P).
    Anyway, they are much more fun to play with, and only a few pieces, mostly the aircraft need some touchup. If you plan plan on painting your figs, be sure to wash them in hot, not boiling water before you spray on a light coat of primer as oil is on them from the molding process as well as from playing with them. Get good figure paints and brushes. Avoid using shinny paints, except for the aircraft windows.
    C.I.

• @Crazy:

I did most of my painting while actually playing games of AA, so no wasted time, fun and production all at the same time.

That’s some multi-tasking right there. :-D ~ZP

• I also did notice that the new boxes are all the same size. The Europe and Pacific boxes from before 2004 was big, but this year I bougt the two games again, and this time the second printing, and this new boxes have same size as Revised and the others. But I guess Anniversary ed need bigger box

• '11

I know that the anniversary edition board will be the biggest yet. But I am curious to see what new territories they added and to actually see what Italy has for holdings and military buildup at the beggining of the game. The box will probably be just as big as the MB edition. Perhaps they will change the look/artwork of the battleboard, national production chart, etc…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m