Presidential Election (as a current event- watch the tone or it's gone)

• micky mouse should be above the abulance chaser.
    wish Fred would indorse Romney, then if he pushed to be his VP then i think people may get past there religous miss givings about him. just maby.

OK, I’m a little clueless. Who is Micky Mouse?

GG

• should be Mickey Mouse (opps), the rat that Walt Disney made.

Oh, I thought you were comparing it to a candidate… :wink:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Governor Rod Blagoevich (Blab and B*tch as I call him) is Mickey Mouse, he even looks the part…that or a ferret.

Anyway, if Fred does endorse someone, I also hope it’s Mitt.  Mitt’s the most conservative guy running right now, and I actually still expect him to win on Super Tuesday.

• But McCain is the front runner according to the news with his 35ish delagates, well Mitt dosn’t stand a chance at winning the nomintation with his 75ish delagates.  :roll:
    i do have my doupts that Mitt will win supper tuesday, but not because he isn’t the best guy for the job, but because there are so many anti LDS out there (i’m no fan of the religion my self but i understand that it’s not an issue) and the media keeps pushing this non issue that it will hurt him.

• I like Huckabee as a Fair Tax supporter.  But that is where my like for him stops.

I also am a little amused by the hard Right’s opposition to him on many topics.  I still remember the conservative talk show hosts just LOVING his “pay more” account in Arkansas… where he told the people of Arkansas that he would not raise their taxes, but if they felt they needed to pay more, they could.  I think the account ende dup with just over $2000 in it, most of that in $0.02 cent deposits. :-)  Limbaugh in particular used to go on and on about Huckabee as such complete 180 in Arkansas over Clinton and how great the “new” Arkansas Governor was compared to the old one.

And then add in that he is about as right wing in terms of religion as you can get…  He is a baptist minister for crying out loud.  You don;t get much more conservative than that!

And he even made States Rights declarations prior to the SC primaries (SC should decide, not Washington, if the Confederate Flag should fly over the state house in Columbia).

Why are Conservatives so hell bent on Mitt and so against Huckabee?

I like Mitt because he took a state that, by all rights, should have declared bankruptcy and sold itself to the highest bidder at auction and made it profitable again, meanwhile he cut the state taxes while doing it.

If he can do it at 1/50th the scale of the United States, maybe we should trust him with the whole country?

Huckabee I like better then McCain.  I like everyone better then McCain.  I’d vote for Strom Thurmon (the KKK leader) or Teddy Kennedy before I vote for McCain.  McCain will NOT win the Midwest and without the Midwest, he doesn’t stand a chance at beating Mrs. Clinton or Mr. Obama (or a 5 year old for that matter.)

• @Cmdr:

@M36:

Washington has shown no interest whatsoever in paying off the debts we owe, or in the collecting the ones owed to us.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t importing cheap and exporting high the goal? For this we want a stronger dollar.

Part 2:

No, actually the reverse is true.  We want people to buy our products cheaper then their own domestic products so we sell more products.  Likewise, we want our products to be cheaper then foreign competition to keep our own money domestic instead of shipping billions over seas to support the economies of other nations at the expense of our own nation.

but you cant have both

you either sacrifice import for export or vice versa

weaker dollar goes in favor of your exportists, and not in the favour of those who import goods to youur country

the manipulation that is being done in both USA and China is ˝a game˝ that is obviosly played not just by the Central Bank of each country but of the policy itself which has implemented on to the Central Banks policy

for example China constantly depreciates yuan, beause it helps her to achieve even more cheaper prices for its product( comparing to others ) while at the same time increasing even more the Trade Suficit it has comparing to EU countries and the USA…

but ok i think i am off topic
    but dont know much about candidates so i am interested in US policy stuff :wink:

so can you please elaborate here  ( especially for some of us who are not USA citizens) some key issues of domestic and foreign policy and the issues that the present candidates have(in the first row those with most chances to win this race)

for example…
    ˝War in Iraq˝  1st-withdraw  2nd-stay for 5000 years more  3-rd…

• i was personally in a toss up between the two (Thompson is great on issues just not great on getting them out to people IMO), but Huckabee pulled a little stunt that made me go far away from him. when he asked a news reporter paraphrasing hear sorry “don’t mormons think Christ and Satin are brothers?” now the question could be honist and all, but he asked some one not of the faith and it was obviously not a question that should or could be ansowerd by the man. so what we got was a big outlash at the LDS or rather Mitt for this “honist question” that was asked in public to the wrong people. it would be like saying in a church “arn’t all Muslams terorist?” back about 3 years ago. we know that isn’t true now, but back when Sep 11th was more in the minds of people then it’s a bad thing, but now people have made efferts to show that it isn’t true, but hear we have a slightlly diffrent situation as it was a target at one canident but a low shot at his faith. attacking his faith like that was a low shot that cost him my vote. if any thing it accually strengthend my support of Mitt because the guy is getting unfairly attacked because of his faith.
    now i think the media hitting H for the cross in the add was a low shot too, but thats the media, you can’t expect high ideals from them, but a man who is a minister and trying to reach a high posision with in our government that people look up to should not be doing such things as attacking even if in a back words way (he knew what he was doing, if not he is an idiot and shouldn’t be president for being so stupid) peoples religion that is protected by the constitution.

Big items to get elected this year, Amon are:

Should we do anything to fix the economy, or is it fine? (It hasn’t been fine since the new Congress took over in 2007, IMHO)
    Should we give illegal aliens, who are felons, amnesty and forgive their felonies? (McCain, Hillary and Barrack are all for this, Edwards and the rest are not)
    Is the sub-prime debacle (the 5% of homes being fore-closed on) something we should bail people out on, or should we let the market correct itself?
    Should the Bush tax cuts be repealed in 2010, or confirmed?

Items not issues are:

Gay Marriage
    Abortion
    Iraq

All three of those are MAJOR democrat issues and without them, they will be hurting.  However, if the Republicans do not nominate Mitt Romney with MAYBE McCain as VP, but preferably Newt or Fred as VP, it won’t matter how many negatives there are because Barrack or Hillary can basically smile into the camera, say nothing, and glide right into the White House.

Why?

Because Huckabee and McCain cannot get the Republicans out to vote.  More Republicans would actually vote Democrat then vote McCain, he’s THAT hated by the Midwest, West and Northwest (the seat of power for the Republicans, Democrats generally hold the deep South (Florida, specifically) and the North East + California.)

McCain is the candidate of choice by the Liberals because he is a liberal.  Conservatives don’t really like him, except with the possibility of South Carolina, but he didn’t exactly pull out a very strong win there either.  He won by a mere 3%.  That’s a statistical tie. (Most polls are reported as +/- 4%, that means he could have lost by 1% or won by as much as 7%.)

• 2007 AAR League

i’m from the midwest, more midwest than you and people around here like McCain b/c few listen to rush or hannity.  they agree with most things they say, but man are they disrespected by us.  idiot blabbermouths.  and this coming from the MOST REPUBLICAN (as by voting %) state in the nation.

so if mitt sold out Mass. b/c it was bankrupt.  you’d be for him selling out america to saudi princes, japanese corporations, chinese banks etc….  thats what i heard.

and pervavita…McCain was against tax cuts, b/c he said at the time of the votes, he’d only be for them if we cut spending to match them.  he wanted spending cuts.  you can trust McCain to slash the budget make government smaller.

and Jen, McCain doesnt want your vote, as he says…if you dont agree with me, dont vote for me.  he has a warriors attitude.  so go vote for stalin as you say.  or vote for hillary and loudly tell that to your republican friends.

and to answer switch, i thought you knew that conservatives are hell bent on Mitt b/c he is a guy who was the uber-liberal…big state government telling people what they can or cant do, pro-abortion, pro-gay marriage, liked high taxes to keep the state flush with cash to misspend and threaten with, agaisnt capital punishment, and then changed is mind all of a sudden.  :roll:                  that, and he’s a mormon.  and if you have the intelligence to believe that the indians are the lost tribes of isreal well then… :roll:    perhaps people will think you are not even as smart as bush.  or that the garden of eden could somehow possibly be in missouri, b/c i’m sure the writers of the bible were referring to missouri.  and to how the leaders of the church are cold blooded murderers but hey does that matter…maybe.

and no way barack can win anything.  the world is a dangerous place now, and he knows nothing. and no silly lady, republicans wont vote for a democrat JUST LIKE YOU b/c you think they shouldnt like mcCain… :roll:

• Jen, the economy has been on borrowed time far longer than January 2007.

The 17% decline int he DOW since October based on factors that date from the early 90’s is more than proof of that (personally, my gut tells me that we never recovered in the fundamentals from 1979 and that the “great” economic times since then have all been “Rob peter to pay paul”.

• There is news coming out that our mayor in Los Angeles Antonio Villaraigosa may serve as an important cabinet member under a MLXBW presidency. Villaraigosa is a member of Latino group that among other things advocates the return of Mexico’s former territories lost in 1851, and he has an uber pro-immigrant stance on border security.

It would prove to be an abomination to say the least.

• 2007 AAR League

the wons gained in 1851 were bought outright and legitly.  just like alaska.  it was shit land at the time.  now that americans have built all the infustructure, now they want it back, go figure.  if your gov’t already gained by the money on the sale, you dont get it back, and get over it.

back to the primaries.  clinton would bring every republican out of the woodwork to vote against her.

• If you honestly would endorse Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler before McCain, Obama, and Hillary, then you need some help Jen.

Party loyalty is what has destroyed the American political system. It is the good of the nation that should be our paramount concern, not the success of a certain political party.

• '19 Moderator

I think Thompson will not only endorse McCain, I think he may run as his VP.  That’s the vibe I am picking up right now.  Since Thompsons out I have to do some serious reading and decide who my B choice is going to be.

M36,

That’s not party loyalty.  McCain is, ostensibly, a republican and Hillary is a democrat.  I also gave some justification for putting McCain at the absolute bottom of the list - He’s Hillary with male genitalia.  They vote the same, they advocate similar political policies, they may as well be the same person.  And if they are, in effect, the same person, and Hillary is an unabashed Marxist (she’s always talking about seizing large sectors of the public market and controlling it with the government, that’s about as marxist as you can get) then I think the title of the person who drags this country from it’s knees, face first into the mud and drowns us should have the title of Democrat, not Republican, on the off chance that a true Republican can get elected afterwards and pull us up out of the mud before our heart stops and we cease to exist.

• 2007 AAR League

McCain is against universal healthcare and he hates big government, and he’s socially conservative while hillary is not she’s a social liberal.  are you getting this?

he also wont listen to UN and EU judges, while hillary said she would.  he will cut pork which hillary will live off of favors to politicians amounting to lots of pork.  and he will personally slap osama bin laden in the face.

Balung:

His actions speak so loudly, I cannot hear a word that comes out of his mouth.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m