Presidential Election (as a current event- watch the tone or it's gone)

• i think it was the 1920’s was the last time, and the reason we don’t know is because our VP is too old IMO.
    Jen is right, Rice would have ether forced the election to be about issues or at the vary least split the votes that were cast on the bassis of “i want a woman Pres” or “i want a black Pres”.

also no one can out Clinton a Clinton, the crying was a act of pure geniouss yesterday.
    i find it funny that H Clinton keeps saying she has 35 years experiance and yet came out yesterday and said (paraphrasing) “I listened to you and have just found my voice.” so after 35 years of experiance she just got a clue on what she stands for.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

We all know that Mrs. Bill Clinton stands for whatever will get her elected, well, at least until she is elected.

• Anyway, why don’t we elect our president through a reality show like American Idol?  Since it seems obvious to me that no one really cares how any of them vote or their attendance records or even if they want to enforce the laws of the country or not.

That would HILARIOUS!  :-D

Have them all sing a song and dance then have America vote via text message XD

@Bean:

Anyway, why don’t we elect our president through a reality show like American Idol?  Since it seems obvious to me that no one really cares how any of them vote or their attendance records or even if they want to enforce the laws of the country or not.

That would HILARIOUS!  :-D

Have them all sing a song and dance then have America vote via text message XD

Darlin, it’s already a song and dance show!  Not a one of them ever follows through on their campaign promises!  May as well put em on national television and whomever entertains us best in 16 episodes (43 minutes each, with 17 minutes of commercials scattered through it) and garners the most votes (by users calling 800 numbers, who cares if they’re registered to vote?) gets to be president for 4 years!

• hillary far left??? she voted for Iraq, vowed to keep troops in iraq for years when shes president, voted to label the iranian revolutionary guard as a terrost organization and has taken more money from defense lobbyists than any other candidate AND publicky defended taking money from lobbyists.

if edwards stays in it, hillary takes the nomination.

• '19 Moderator

BTW, I apreciate the civility exercised so far in this thread, It makes my life a little easier. 8-)

• Well, dzrt, you know me. I love being civil. Especially when I talk politics with Jen, Bung, Darth Max…. sh!t… everyone on this thread nearly.

Honestly, at this point, I think Edwards would be EXTREMELY WISE to offer his services as Obama’s Vice President.  Edwards is young and white, so he can bring back the young generation and keep the white males and allow Obama to ride the race card very heavily to get the black vote back away from the Republicans (who have been eroding the black and Hispanic votes from the democrats for a long time now.)

The two of them, together, would obliterate Hillary.  It would be like the race between Reagan and Mondale! (for those of you who do not know, that was about as one sided a land slide for Reagan as you could possibly imagine without having a Baghdad Election (someone with a gun in the voting booth asking you, politely, to vote Saddam.))

• i think you could get the same “Boost” to the R camp if a two of them banded together, say McCain (good for war), and Huck or Mitt (Huck and Mitt have hit eachother too much to work well together).
    Thompsan as he isn’t one of the big leaders may be a good choice though as he is popular but he has Bush’s big problem… he can’t sell his ideas, not because he has trouble talking in public but because he just dosn’t have the charisma (ironic as he is an actor).

• 2007 AAR League

Sorry but it looks like Huckabee and Colbert are gonna win :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

that show yesterday was halarious.  really made me think a lot better of huckabee.  and if he honestly gets the nomination and has colbert as his running mate, that’d be sweet.

but it seems that McCain is ahead in the polls in south carolina.  thank God for that.  perhaps he should have colbert be his running mate.  :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

oh and ron paul is sunk now for good.  his writings from the early 90’s have come out, and they are racist as hell.  we should have known this b/c lately he had refused to return campaign contributions from groups such as the aryan nation.  he said that would be wrong b/c that would send a signal that one persons views are better than anothers when all views should be equal…. :roll:

well at least hopefully we wont have to see and hear so much damn ron paul stuff…

I live in Chicago, I feel blessed if they even mention what Republican is leading, let alone show any of them speaking! :P

Anyway, I’m kinda hoping McCain doesn’t get the nomination.  I don’t think his coat tails are long enough to get even one Republican to upset an incumbent democrat in the house/senate this year.  We need someone charismatic and energetic.

Personally, I don’t want the white house.  I want the house/senate back where we can stop democratic legislation before it’s ever written (since the president cannot write the laws, the budget or anything.  That’s all legislative branch, not executive.)

@balungaloaf:

oh and ron paul is sunk now for good.  his writings from the early 90’s have come out, and they are racist as hell.  we should have known this b/c lately he had refused to return campaign contributions from groups such as the aryan nation.  he said that would be wrong b/c that would send a signal that one persons views are better than anothers when all views should be equal…. :roll:

well at least hopefully we wont have to see and hear so much damn ron paul stuff…

lol, in defense of my candidate (this is not a political attack, and not a flame, so I don’t know how it would be against the “tone” law), and for info sake: he’s doing another big fund raiser on Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday, his self confessed hero along with Mahatma Ghandi. I would find it hard to believe that he would be racist if he openly said that, and denied ever having even read what someone else wrote in his name. Although I would have thought it more prudent if he had kept track of who had been writing for him, but it is a mistake that he is taking moral responsibility for… And he didn’t say all people’s views are equal, he said people are entitled to their opinions whether you can agree or not with them. You have to actually listen to his rebuttal’s to understand why he does what he does…

Mind you I don’t think he has a very good chance of winning… He would need to show more forceful leadership in order to win “mental” instead of “intellectual” votes…

GG

• @balungaloaf:

Well, in that case, we may as well can Trent Lott as well.

Newt for Dictator of the UN!!!

• 2007 AAR League

i thought trent lott stepped down years ago.

and second, why dont democrats get rid of bryd…… he’s the oldest democrat in congress and has used the n word a ton…and he was a GRANDDRAGON of the KKK…yeah, who else knew that…the leading democrat in congress ran the KKK…the media doesnt like people to know that.

anyhoo, who watched the colbert report a couple of days ago with huckabee…that guy was funny!  colbert- “john McCain just said he’d hunt osama to the gates of hell, what i ask you sir is will you follow osama into hell itself?”  huck- “and beyond, i’ll charge into hell with a plastic squirtgun if i need to”  :lol:

and jen…cmon now  McCain is energetic and has a ton of charisma.  only damn rush limbaugh and hannity really dispise McCain, to bad they have millions of listeners.  but alas i usually agree with them on most things.  McCain has been running his campaing on lint and pennies in his pocket starting last summer.  give him some credit for that, he had the least amount of money out of all the runners of both parties.  at least it shows that the election is not for sale.

• 2007 AAR League

viacom took the video off of youtube.  probably b/c it would of helped huckabee too much b/c its so freakin halarious.  viacom is not a friend of republicans.  :x

I don’t know where Rush and Sean stand on McCain.  I just know he’s already lost a bid for the Presidential nomination once and if you look at the bill’s he’s co-authored and his voting record, he’s NOT conservative enough to actually win the game.

• @balungaloaf:

and second, why dont democrats get rid of bryd…… he’s the oldest democrat in congress and has used the n word a ton…and he was a GRANDDRAGON of the KKK…yeah, who else knew that…the leading democrat in congress ran the KKK…the media doesnt like people to know that.

Many people DO know that, and yeah, I don’t have a clue of why he is still around. It’s baffling being as most minorities (blacks in particular) vote democrat.

McCain is energetic and has a ton of charisma.  only damn rush limbaugh and hannity really dispise McCain, to bad they have millions of listeners.  but alas i usually agree with them on most things.  McCain has been running his campaing on lint and pennies in his pocket starting last summer.  give him some credit for that, he had the least amount of money out of all the runners of both parties.  at least it shows that the election is not for sale.

I like McCain myself. Not for his stances but for his character. If he runs and Hillary is his opponent… it may be my first time to vote Republican ever.

And think of it this way, bung. Democrats think Rush is an arrogant pill poppin’ douche-bag. Him not liking McCain could in the end help McCain.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m