• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Just wondering which people think is better.  I’m not even going to talk about the other books of the series.  Without battle school, there’s just no point in them. :P

BTW, for those who enjoyed Ender’s Game, Ender’s Shadow is very good too and you may want to read Midshipman’s Hope by David Feintuch.

• I am a fan of originals…
    :-D

• Just a random point; I don’t remember which book it’s in but I thought the Bean series was somewhat disappointing with how Peter turns out. He makes a huge mistake which is unlike how the hero’s operate (bean/ender), and he also turns out not to be that scary or that smart really. It’s a big letdown from the Peter we see in Ender’s game. The author does give an excuse; something about how Peter can’t predict how the world turns out because it’s like a chessboard with each piece moving constantly and a mind of its own, but I thought Peter turned out to be a copout. : /

Otherwise, the Bean series is as good as the original IMO. The original has a lot of awesome quotes and ideas, but the Bean series was exceptionally clever in how it weaved in Bean’s story.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I thought it was just the one Bean book, to tell the truth.

• It’s really hard to say which one is better. I’d have to say the original, though. To me the original Ender’s Game stands very strong on its own, and obviously I read that one first too so I’m biased. I don’t know how clever Ender’s Shadow is until you read Ender’s Game. Ender’s Shadow is very clever and very focused while Ender’s Game has some more weird moments such as with the fantasy game, but Game has more punch to it. I think if you read Shadow first it’d ruin the “twist” to Game; I simply don’t think Shadow could exist without Game so I have to say Game.

• All though I loved Ender’s Game I found all the other books in that seires to be extrmely boring and I wasn’t able to finish any of them.

On the other hand I loved Ender Shadow and Ive read all the Shadow books which I also love. I like how after battle school the Shadow books focus on Earth politics and what the future geopoliticals is like. Plus Enders Shadow is longer so it’s a better deal.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m