• 2007 AAR League

I am currently involved in a game of AAR (not on this site) where the player I am playing against is cheating. How do I know this? Well, at least three times extra INF have popped up in Russia, twice hidden in big Russian stacks during Russias turn, and once during UKs turn… it is only turn 5, and 3 of the 5 turns an INF has “appeared”. I did not notice it right away, but on turn 5, I started wondering why the hell Russia had such a massive army, and I went back and checked the math. Now this has not yet happened during any games here, but what is the policy for this?

• If it is DAAK, report the violation to their board.  You will get a default victory.

You can also try to correct it internally with the player and go through the math and point out the extra units to the player and see if he acknowledges, what explanation is offered, etc.

• I would give the guy the O’neil death grib. He wouldn’t know whether to s… or go blind.

Seriously, I would report it, like Ncscswitch says and question the player involved. I wouldn’t continue playing with someone I thought was cheating.

• Sounds like you’re fighting…

teh Jenf0rces!

• Yea, the infamous hidden units cheat  :-P It’s a trouble of Batlemap, some times the units and numbers are one over the other, creating a mess  :-P Often it’s only a bad habit, but If you trust your rival and then you discover it’s cheating, It’s gets you feel mad.

Any player should order it’s units so them see well and without confusion. Karma +1 for you in solidarity  :wink:

• @mateooo:

I am currently involved in a game of AAR (not on this site) where the player I am playing against is cheating. How do I know this? Well, at least three times extra INF have popped up in Russia, twice hidden in big Russian stacks during Russias turn, and once during UKs turn… it is only turn 5, and 3 of the 5 turns an INF has “appeared”. I did not notice it right away, but on turn 5, I started wondering why the hell Russia had such a massive army, and I went back and checked the math. Now this has not yet happened during any games here, but what is the policy for this?

Fact:  Some additonal Russian units appeared, more than once.
    Assumption:  Your enemy is purposely adding them there, hence cheating.

You could be nice and give the opponent the benefit of the doubt ask ask them if they aer aware of the extra units.

Since you already have proof, he can not hide the additional units.  At least you can listen to his explanation, it may be simple operator error.

Good gaming!
    axis_roll

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

It’s one of the reasons (the other being aesthetics) that I stack all units in a territory in the same order and in a nice line.  Easier to catch cheating like that.

I have to admit, I had the same problem with a Mr. Olaf (avatar: Warlock) at AAMC.  Only, he was adding money each round and deleting money from my stacks each round.  I really never noticed since he conducted SBRs and Rocket attacks EVERY round, but I started to get suspicious when I was collecting 50+ and getting to my turn with less then 25, each round.  2 Rockets + 2 Bombers a round just doesn’t do that much damage.  Then, it seemed weird he was buying so much each round against my rocket and bomber attacks.  So, I brought up the complaint to the JAG there and they said it was my tough luck for not complaining the very first time, it was now grandfathered in and I had to accept it.

Funny thing is, the game ran over a time limit and the JAG ended up awarding the win to me anyway.  But I’m just mentioning this incident so that you should be aware that any allegations like these should be carbon-copied to the admin staff immediately when noticed to establish a record of your original complaints.  Documentation is 9/10ths of the law online

• :x
      To me, Cheaters are no less than cowardly theives.
    If this is not some kind of a glich, or unintended operator error,  I feel that the offender should be banned from the site permanately.
    And, if it is on the TripleA site, I need to know about it. As a Mod there I shall deal with the problem to the best of my abilities.

• 2007 AAR League

it is on Flames of Europe. If you really want to know who, just see what games I am involved in, and have stopped playing.

• I don’t play quitters and I don’t play against people who I know have cheated.

This is why I prefer TripleA playing realtime. It is a possibility to cheat with the PBEM feature of
    triplea, but when you see the moves and battles in realtime then the only option left to cheat is
    a dicehack. To this date, no one has ever been able to detect or bring evidence of someone using dicehack.

• 2007 AAR League

So this is what happened at Flames of Europe.
    I told the moderator about what happened
    his suggestion- Remove the said units, and let the players work it out.

Well, this didnt work for me, since the units have been placed slowly over the last 5 turns, and have since then been involved in attacks and defenses.
    And personally, I wouldnt want to continue any such game, unless it was concievable that it was a mistake, which is not the case when it happens repeatedly in a secretive manner over 5 turns of gaming.
    So I emailed the culprit and posted the email on the game log, stating I had caught these errors and believed that they were purposeful cheating and that I believed he should forfeit or we could discuss the situation with the moderators.

Before I could also submit the email into the game log for a permanent public record, the server crashes and this error comes up…

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: “” 
    The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

Coincidence?
    Probably… but a funny coincidence suggesting a conspiracy involving mysterious powerful forces…

Mateo

BTW, it was Gamer… He also pushes old women into ponds and stole all of the Russian Battleships from my Axis and allies board game.

actually, the ID is Lucius_Cardoc

@Lucifer:

I don’t play quitters

What’s the point in beating a dead horse?  If you “quit” a game and allow the other player to have the win, then you can set up a new game and hopefully play better then you did before.

Honestly, I prefer it when people realize they’ve lost and there’s no hope of coming back short of a miracle (and in some cases players need 5 miracles and STILL lose because the board is so strong one way) so we can start a new game.

• 2007 AAR League

Ditto. I know when the game is lost, and the only way you can win is by getting a series of 5% chance of victory battles. And then when you win those battles, its not because you are any good, just because you got REALLY REALLY lucky.

Conversely, I dont insist upon forcing my opponents to let me take Moscow, London, and Washington DC before they are allowed to concede the game. Nothing is less fun than playing a one sided Axis and allies game, expecially when you are being way out produced and nothing you can do will turn the game.

• @Cmdr:

@Lucifer:

I don’t play quitters

What’s the point in beating a dead horse?  If you “quit” a game and allow the other player to have the win, then you can set up a new game and hopefully play better then you did before.

Honestly, I prefer it when people realize they’ve lost and there’s no hope of coming back short of a miracle (and in some cases players need 5 miracles and STILL lose because the board is so strong one way) so we can start a new game.

Hello pot… this is the kettle!

You refused to surrender in our team game when it was over (japan had fallen, Russia was never near being taken) and THEN taunted us to continue when you had no chance because we continued to out wit your vaunted ‘japanese fleet run to atlantic’ move…

Perhaps you’ve forgotten your Ginko Biloba these past few days…

Axis,

There’s a difference between quitting and being forced to quit.  Sometimes a player wants to see if they can recover.  But if a player has decided that it’s hopeless for himself, then they should be allowed to quit.

I, personally, don’t force my opponent to capture a capitol per se.  And, just because a capitol is captured, doesn’t mean I’ll necessarily concede either.  It’s all board position.  If I can make a run, I will.  But if I see it’s completely hopeless (ie America, Russia and England have 800 point Armies on the board while Germany and Japan together can’t field a 400 point army) then I have no problem letting someone quit or quitting myself.

Mateooo,

Personally, I think it’s worse to win a completely one sided game when your opponent just won’t quit then it is to admit defeat in a completely one sided game.  Very frustrating to be sitting there with 700 points of armies next to Moscow (defended by 400 points of army and needing constant resupply by the allies to prevent it’s fall) then it is to be the gal needing all that reinforcement and saying “You win.  Want to play again?”

• Sometimes I have surrendered rnd 3… quitting is about not saying: GG, or not conceding.
    Just to leave a game without a word that is quitting.
    To play until the end is the players choice.
    No one can claim victory so it’s up to the player who is not leading to concede.

• 2007 AAR League

i enjoy any reference to platoon.

the o’neil death grip…… :lol:

• @Bean:

Sounds like you’re fighting…

teh Jenf0rces!

lolz.

• Never doubt, in A&A like most games you can win psychologically.
    An oppononent gets mentally defeated to thepoint they surrender even though there is still a strong chance of winning.

If you quit early you will never know the limit of your own skill.

In fact I’m going to be harsh and say ANYONE who quits after just 3 rounds is not someone I’d ever like to play against because they are basically saying that if things don’t go there way in the beginning then they don’t want to play.

I’ve certainly recovered from the worst starts, once as Japan i failed in almost all attacks and ended up with 2x damaged BB navy and 2 fighter + bomber Airforce by round 3 and still won on the coat tails of a strong German team mate performance.

Nothing worse than players who makes high risk moves that fail with the sure knowledge if the dice goes against them then they can just start again.

rant off

• Nothing worse than players who makes high risk moves that fail with the sure knowledge if the dice goes against them then they can just start again.

Personally I don’t mind these players and I am sort of like that myself. Sure you can start again, but you just gave yourself a loss. If you keep doing that (waiting for good dice otherwise forfeiting) your record isn’t going to be very good.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m