• Last winter, I learned a key lesson… or I thought I did. Lesson Number One, regarding winter rides on a cold night: Tires are very slick when cold. Don’t apply too much throttle.

Tonight I failed at practicing such an easy precaution. And in turn I learned Lesson Number Two: Keep your visor down.

When I lost it on the spin I over corrected and high sided. As I hit the ground, my face hits the frame of the rear view mirror. In my right eye to be exact.

Sigh.

The bike collects more scratches. Humph. And when I get to check out my mug in the mirror back home… a trickle of blood is seeping from the corner.

I cried blood, my friends.

No… I didn’t really cry. I just hate winter. And it’s practically worth crying over.
    :cry:

• As a former rider who lived in Pennsylvania most of my life…

From Halloween to Easter, park the 2 wheels and stick with 4.

It is not just the reduction in performance of a bike on ice and snow covered roads, or the damage that road salt does to a bike, or even how freaking cold going 55 mph in 10 degrees F feels.

Nope, the other idiots on the road that like to slide into things on snow and ice covered roads, but their “fender bender” is your shattered legs…

Park it 'til it gets warm again!  :-D

• Man, I hope it is not too serious an injury, and that your recovery is swift. If you havn’t already I strongly recomend going to see,(atr least with your good eye) a doctor to check you out.
    And for Gods sake, get a car!

• '19 Moderator

Or move someplace where the roads don’t Ice up.  :wink:

I almost had frost on my windshied this morning, it was in the thirties for god sake!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m