• This isn’t really a minis thread except to say that Avalon Hill is moving their forums to Gleemax and a bunch of the guys aren’t happy about it. If anyone posts over there you might want to spread the word about what a cool site this is. This might be a chance to grow the community a bit.

• I posted yesterday advising those to check out this site.  Today the post is gone.  I guess I insulted someone.

• The mods over there can be a tad bit agressive. I was warned for sarcasm. I was so obviously being sarcastic it was so over the top sarcastic that it wasn’t sarcasm anymore. The warning was just petty to me. The post was deleted too.

I guess I should go over and look for my own posts and see if they were deleted as well. I guess they don’t want anyone to know this site is around. They don’t want anyone to desert and miss all the fun at Gleemax.

I looked at that site once and while I’m not usually one who gets caught up in aesthetics if it works, but that forum bugs me. Not to mention all the other crap besides the AH stuff I’m interested in reading that will probably need waded thru to get to where I want to be.

• Gleemax and AH forums are run by total idiots and apologists for futility and mediocrity.

Nothing they do has any basis in fairness or promoting the exchange of ideas unless it serves their bottom line.

If it runs contrary to that they delete at a whim.

The worst provocateur is a certain female moderator starting with the letter Ka…

• Yah, it’s an “interesting” scene going on over there. I rarely frequented the AH site anymore anyway after the minis were introduced. Guess it’s cool that the minis became so popular and took off like they did, IF you’re into the minis. If you aren’t, well as time went on the site quickly had very little else to offer.

I’d always do the “new posts” search and out of 100 new posts there literally might be 1 or 2 that were not mini related. It was no longer the place to discuss the board game rules and strategies that it once was. And it became obvious that most of the other board game regulars had moved on as well.

I won’t redo my registration on the Gleemax forum as I don’t feel I’ll be missing anything worthwhile anyway. When they finally close down the current AH forum, that will be that. ~ZP

• @frimmel:

I guess they don’t want anyone to know this site is around. They don’t want anyone to desert and miss all the fun at Gleemax.

Actually I found this site by clicking on the Wizards link for A&A, so I wouldn’t go so far as to say they don’t want anyone to know about this site.

• @Imperious:

The worst provocateur is a certain female moderator starting with the letter Ka…

I think she was the one who zapped me.

I’m not keen on going over to Gleemax but I like to be sure I’m catching changes to FAQs and such. But the whole no Avatars thing seems a little uptight? to me.

@Half-Track:

Actually I found this site by clicking on the Wizards link for A&A, so I wouldn’t go so far as to say they don’t want anyone to know about this site.

Well that is a good thing for me to be wrong about. They did send djensen an advance copy of Guadalcanal.

• For a while this site for minis had great participation.  I’d like to see everyone come back to here.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’d like to see every club die, every chat room die and everyone come here as the one and only authority on Axis and Allies and place to play online. =)

• There doesnt seem to be much content there and the board section will be a mess with out additional rooms very soon  :(

Seems more a WIP and incomplete rather what I think a company would want to release to the public, oh yeah, thats Microsoft  ;)

EM

• Hi,

It’s a little lame over there at the moment but we’re trying to get it together despite less to work with. I plan on bouncing between Gleemax and here in the future. This site lacks that corporate chill that I sense at work behind the scenes over there. Hopefully once the community get’s fully in things will be alright.

Maybe we could work out a bridge between the two communities?

• Gleemax is a total joke. Those chaps should be flogged and quartered for stupidity.

• @Imperious:

Gleemax is a total joke. Those chaps should be flogged and quartered for stupidity.

I’m waiting to see how it’s going to turn out. Right now it feels like we’re being herded into the greater, blander herd.

They changed the rules, changed the scale, and then started a board migration, all in a year’s time. Hutzpah or corporate idiocy? Can’t answer that one at present.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Are there any Minis forums that people would like to see here that is missing from Gleemax?

• Well you already gave the Naval minis there own forum :-)

Oh yeah. The other guys have a modeling forum but I never read that. Just mentioning in case others might be interested.

• I’ve always been happy with this forum.  I did try to get into Gleeminimum the other day and hit road block after road block just trying to login, register, blah blah blah.  Run away while you can people and join in over here.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m