• Hi, I am relatively new to the game and have been playing with my Son, we have come upon a question in our play that I can’t totally resolve from the manual or the FAQ area. Here is the scenario….

A given power is considering a move with ships to do an amphibious assault. There are enemy ships in the adjacent sea zone of the Assault. I already understand that all sea combat must be resolved before the raiding tranport force can “assault” the land. So, is it possible to send a force of ships(Battleships & Destroyers) in first to that sea zone to “clear out” the area and then after, but still during the same combat move, send in the transports to the the assault or do you have to send them in all together and only all together the first trip in? It seems to me that the latter is probably correct because I think you aren’t supposed to switch between combat move, conduct combat, and back again, but I don’t know, could it be that both ways are legal moves?

Thanks for any help!

• Second interpretation is correct, everyone moves at once to their intended attack site simultaneously. The transports can’t wait to make sure things are safe before going in, they go at the same time and if the sea is cleared then they offload, and there’s no land retreat in a territory in which at least one unit has been offloaded.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

However, just because the transports are there does not mean you have to chose them as casualties.

You can always retreat them IF your surface fleet takes a pounding and thus, call off the amphibious assault. (I believe that is the ONLY time a combat can be legally called off.)

So, in other words, bring them into the battle, and pretend they are not there. :P

PS: Bean, your GK and BK are now even.  You’re welcome.

• So, in other words, bring them into the battle, and pretend they are not there. Tongue

Just hope you don’t take a ridiculous amount of hits and lose the tp by accident xp

PS: Bean, your GK and BK are now even.  You’re welcome.

Thanks!  :-D

• Thanks for the help and the game tips! I am sure we will come across other questions as we play this superb, yet somewhat complicated wargame.
    :-)

• :-) Feel free to ask questions and discuss, no matter how small.

@Bean:

:-) Feel free to ask questions and discuss, no matter how small.

Yea, cause this entire site is designed to discuss the game!  We don’t know everything, but we can field the majority of questions.  If you wanna know what the designer was thinking, well, you’ll have to ask him. grin

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m