• Hello all,

I have created what I am hoping is a comprehensive tech list for A and A, based on a d12 combat system.

The only thing is, I have 23 techs…I need 2 more, to make the rolls a percentile roll divided by 4.

Please take a look and let me know if there is anything I can add!

Thanks

Chris
    SuperAAtech.doc

• a few things:

its not sg44 its mp44 unless your using some German identification

what are your proposed values for SS panzers and cruisers?

it will take time to digest.

i also have to say thats alot of complexity especially when nearly everyone of your values changes after X amount of rolls turning into something else. It takes alot of fun out of playing this type of thing.

Its appears you have good knowledge of WW2 weaponry however.

• How does Underground Production sound?
    A tech that reduces effectiveness of SBR and rocket attacks.

• @Imperious:

a few things:

its not sg44 its mp44 unless your using some German identification

what are your proposed values for SS panzers and cruisers?

it will take time to digest.

i also have to say thats alot of complexity especially when nearly everyone of your values changes after X amount of rolls turning into something else. It takes alot of fun out of playing this type of thing.

Its appears you have good knowledge of WW2 weaponry however.

The SS Panzers, Panzergrenadiers have the values from Xeno. There are also Russian versions of these, Guards Infantry and Guards Armor.

Yeah, it is a little too complex. I kinda went nuts when I was doing it. I may have a simpler version of it floating around for a d6 system, without all the multiple rolls. I need to check my archives for it.

But the reason for all the rolls is to show a slow progression of technology, to match how things really developed during the war. I also think (hope) that all of the techs could carry the game from 1939 into the early 1950’s, for a World War II to start right after World War II.

• @tekkyy:

How does Underground Production sound?
    A tech that reduces effectiveness of SBR and rocket attacks.

I like that. Could be a Decentralized/Underground production thing, each successive roll of this would allow for a greater reduction of effectiveness of the SBR/Rocket attacks. Thanks!

• that stuff is all from AARHE… you will get alot of ideas from it.

• OK All,

I have finished the tech rules, I have a cool 25, so a d100/4 could be used.

Also attached is an errata file.

Working on getting the map I plan to use up, it’s a modified version of Flashman’s killer Feb. 1940 map.

Linky will be up in a sec…

Chris

superaaerrata.doc
    SuperAAtech.doc

• Ok, here is the modified map.

I need to work on initial unit placement next.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1jiemdr9slb

• i like the first one. I still dont like the second.

The infantry values are too high. Infantry hitting on 7 out of 12 is like a tank.

id expect values of 2-5 with china at 2 and Germany at 5 and the rest in between for infantry

Tanks range from 4-9 with japan and italy at the low end and germany/ USSR at the other

• @Imperious:

i like the first one. I still dont like the second.

The infantry values are too high. Infantry hitting on 7 out of 12 is like a tank.

id expect values of 2-5 with china at 2 and Germany at 5 and the rest in between for infantry

Tanks range from 4-9 with japan and italy at the low end and germany/ USSR at the other

Infantry starts at a base 2 attack on the d12. A player would have to get a ton of the infantry boost techs to get up to that level…I doubt a game would go that long.

There is no focused research. You can’t choose to get the infantry techs only, which should balance things a bit.

The way I think it works out, battles will turn into annhilation for both sides.

Maybe I can cap the infantry attack at 6, with a defense of 8. Armor and other units would have no cap…or add something that gives land units 2 HP, toward the end of the tech tree…

• Check out my national advantages/techs…
    does simple things like split long range aircraft into long range fighters and long range bombers

• I wish these were streamlined… far too many exceptions making these rules akin to learning another rulebook.

IN nearly every case you got paraphrase:

roll d6 hit on a 6, you get +1 for the first round, on the second round, you roll 2 dice hitting on 5-6, but if you roll 4 subtract 2 ipc and if its Germany attacking add one to the second round die… yikes!!! its way too convoluted IMO>

• If your using d12 dice you can’t role a one.

• '19 Moderator

It’s d12 not 2d6 so yes you can get a 1 :wink: a d12 is in the shape of a dodecahedron, twelve little pentagons :-)

Anyway, how the heck to you keep track of who has what with all these tech rules in an actual game?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m