• @tekkyy:

How does Underground Production sound?
    A tech that reduces effectiveness of SBR and rocket attacks.

I like that. Could be a Decentralized/Underground production thing, each successive roll of this would allow for a greater reduction of effectiveness of the SBR/Rocket attacks. Thanks!

• that stuff is all from AARHE… you will get alot of ideas from it.

• OK All,

I have finished the tech rules, I have a cool 25, so a d100/4 could be used.

Also attached is an errata file.

Working on getting the map I plan to use up, it’s a modified version of Flashman’s killer Feb. 1940 map.

Linky will be up in a sec…

Chris

superaaerrata.doc
    SuperAAtech.doc

• Ok, here is the modified map.

I need to work on initial unit placement next.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1jiemdr9slb

• i like the first one. I still dont like the second.

The infantry values are too high. Infantry hitting on 7 out of 12 is like a tank.

id expect values of 2-5 with china at 2 and Germany at 5 and the rest in between for infantry

Tanks range from 4-9 with japan and italy at the low end and germany/ USSR at the other

• @Imperious:

i like the first one. I still dont like the second.

The infantry values are too high. Infantry hitting on 7 out of 12 is like a tank.

id expect values of 2-5 with china at 2 and Germany at 5 and the rest in between for infantry

Tanks range from 4-9 with japan and italy at the low end and germany/ USSR at the other

Infantry starts at a base 2 attack on the d12. A player would have to get a ton of the infantry boost techs to get up to that level…I doubt a game would go that long.

There is no focused research. You can’t choose to get the infantry techs only, which should balance things a bit.

The way I think it works out, battles will turn into annhilation for both sides.

Maybe I can cap the infantry attack at 6, with a defense of 8. Armor and other units would have no cap…or add something that gives land units 2 HP, toward the end of the tech tree…

• Check out my national advantages/techs…
    does simple things like split long range aircraft into long range fighters and long range bombers

• I wish these were streamlined… far too many exceptions making these rules akin to learning another rulebook.

IN nearly every case you got paraphrase:

roll d6 hit on a 6, you get +1 for the first round, on the second round, you roll 2 dice hitting on 5-6, but if you roll 4 subtract 2 ipc and if its Germany attacking add one to the second round die… yikes!!! its way too convoluted IMO>

• If your using d12 dice you can’t role a one.

• '19 Moderator

It’s d12 not 2d6 so yes you can get a 1 :wink: a d12 is in the shape of a dodecahedron, twelve little pentagons :-)

Anyway, how the heck to you keep track of who has what with all these tech rules in an actual game?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m