Will the U.S. and China eventually come into conflict?

• @Deviant:Scripter:

Well, I can name one off the top of my head. The British SAS is the most experienced and revered Special Forces unit in the world.

I’ve heard from a few sources (including a military policy guy and an American colonel) that the Canadian light infantry has training equivalent to the US Rangers (a throwback to our British roots, apparently).
    Also our JTF-2’s are considered up there with other Special Forces including the SAS (i believe they train together fairly frequently, but if i really had that information i would be killed in an “accident”)

• The thing is, our special forces get loads of combat experience, which with a hew exceptions, doesn’t happen for Euro-Candian Special forces

• yourbuttocks, there is one mistake in your above long post before crypt’s post. SEATO disbanded itself in 1977 because it was useless. It didn’t require member countries to help their fellow SEATO members like NATO did and that’s one reason why it was ineffective in combatting South East Asian Communism. I also read somewhere that teh Chinese fighters are based on the old Soviet MiG-21s, which are from the 1960’s. I’m nto sure if that’s true though.

• China’s planes are outdated (still using MiGs from the 1950’s and 1960’s) and will remain to do so for at least the next ten years. China does have a number of Russian made Su-27 (probably the best plane in service with an experienced pilot), but those are very few in number (less than 30).

About the China-America plane incident, that was more to do with pilot hotshoting and hotdoging it rather than lack of trainning.

• I was just using SEATO as a quick way to refer to the U.S., Japan, Taiwan, and S. Korea, not as an actual organization. Sorry about the confusion.

And Moses, it doesn’t matter how good your planes are if your pilots get a fraction of the piloting hours as the other guy’s.

• Yes, lets let our American pilots ride World War I Sopwith Camels and have them engage the world’s most advanced fighter jets. Good one.

• You know what I mean.

• And you know what I mean. :o

• Tu-she’ :D

• I’m not sure you know what I mean

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m