• Well AJ I hate to say this, but UK is in deep kimchee.

Russia drew first blood on the Empire, and Germany did their “typical” G1 in terms of Egypt and Royal Navy in the Med.  Not sure what you have planned to preserve the Empire, but you did select well if you just want to keep London intact and screw the rest of the Empire  :wink:

I see 4 nations fighting over Africa, and NONE of them are UK  :roll:

As for my choice of NA’s…
    Had Stukas not worked at sea (as they were changed in 2.0) I would indeed have gone U-Boat Interdiction.  I ALMOST selected that anyway due to UK’s Radar, but UK only has 1 gun that is an issue for Germany… London’s gun.  And I was not letting 1 AA gun in London prevent me from having fun with my cute little Junkers aircraft :-)

U-Boat Interdiction would have been nice due to damaging both UK AND USA at the same time (in a FFA game that is very valuable, more so than in a regular game).  But increasing the power of my fighters by 40% on the first round of combat in a trading war with Russia…  Sorry, that was too good to pass up, especially with Russian Winter looming at some point.  When Russian Winter is declared (once) I will still be able to do serious harm that turn with my Stukas.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

When Russian Winter is declared (once) I will still be able to do serious harm that turn with my Stukas.

Assuming you are attacking something without a defending fighter. :P

Sorry, I just see Russian Winter as the nuclear option to hold Moscow just one more round before it falling.

• I think you guys should have changed the turn order to let the UK go before Germany, so that the UK has some chance at defending itself : /

• @Cmdr:

Assuming you are attacking something without a defending fighter. :P

For Russia to be able to have a FIG there at all means that they have held it for a complete turn, and that that point we are not talking “trading” territories anymore, at least not in the classic sense :-)

Stukas in a FFA game are also more valuable in that there can be no 1-2 (or 1-2-3) counter-attack and defense of a territory.  UK or USA cannot take a territory from Germany and then the USA or USSR fly in a FIG to block Stukas (nor can that occur with any other nation or territory).  It is all ONE nation against all the others, so for defensive FIGs to come into play against Stukas, the same nation has to take and hold for a complete turn to prevent a Stuka counter-attack via defensive FIGs.

So against Moscow or London, Stukas are a non-issue.  But for the rest of the game board anywhere near Germany…  :evil:

• I agree, Stukas own.  :lol:

• @Cmdr:

And why are they getting 4 infantry in E. USA and W. USA??? :P

To force the U.S. to negotiate with U.K., obviously.

I love Free for alls, My most favorite way to play A&A

5 countries, all territories with a name are neutrals with 2 inf. in each except capitols

Capitols are the islands of Britain, Japan, Madagascar, Cuba, and New Zealand.
    We play on my 40/41 8x4 board. Most fun I have ever had in a A&A game.
    We all roll a die, and Highest picks which capitol they want then next highest and so forth, then we roll again for turn order, Highest goes first and so on…

Last time my group got together, they didn’t even want to play the traditional way, went straight into Domination as we call it. Most fun it is

each player starts with $100 bid to spend on what ever units they want.
    each territory is worth $2 and Capitols are worth $15. Each country starts with 1BB, 2 transports, 3 Inf and a Tank. also Complex and AA gun. + their bid purchases

Each New Complex produces 5 units and Complexes are stackable, so u could have 2 or more factories in 1 territory with each complex producing up to 5 units.
    First turn, every ones starting cash is $80 and we use normal A&A rules and techs mostly.

• @Deaths:

I love Free for alls, My most favorite way to play A&A

5 countries, all territories with a name are neutrals with 2 inf. in each except capitols

Sounds fun - but when we’ve played it’s been hard to keep one guy from getting ganged up on.

Just remember, do u want to be the one getting ganged up on? Do u want some one else capturing that capitol?  Also use victory cities or an Economical victory condition, those to add ons usually keep from 1 guy getting ganged up on for to long.

• Sounds fun

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m