• :lol:

• Ture. I would only attack 2 trn tops with a bmb and with a ftr, it is very hard to decide.

• @Wild2000:

@Ansbach:

US1 - Do you still build transports if the German bomber is in Western Europe where it should be? I would certainly risk my Bomber on them…

1 German bomber vs 3 US transports is an Allied trap.

Chances are pretty good that the bomber will go down with the transports. Even if all the transports are destroyed, it is still a good trade for the USA. Sure it sets the shuck shuck back one turn, but with the German bomber gone, the Allied fleet is a lot safer and can now split up. That German bomber will also probably never be rebuilt.

You’re right - I checked it out and there is only about a 25% chance of destroying all the transports without losing the bomber. I guess I’ve been burned too many times by lucky opponents - based on experience I would have thought the Bomber had better odds than that… :lol:

• @Wild2000:

I am sorry Geze, but your answers are a little vague. What timing and with what forces? If you are talking post turn 3 or 4, then maybe. However the above discussion was centered around the first couple of turns.

they where talking about spain so I just wrote the stratedy I had involving it.

• opps :oops: that was me

• they where talking about spain so I just wrote the stratedy I had involving it.

Hmmm… usually I go all out on Western Europe (UK and USA attacks on same turn) instead of taking Spain. :)

• actually the discussion started with the taking of gibraltar(if anyone has any good idead) :)

• Sorry Ideas :oops:

• I think Wild2000 covered about the only option, above.

Hit the Western Med. battleship with one sub, your battleship, and a transport with 2 infantry, then land 1 infantry in Algeria and 1 in Gibraltar after the naval battle…

• Hmm… that’s allowed in the rules correct?

• @Commisar:

actually the discussion started with the taking of gibraltar(if anyone has any good idead) :)

Check out my game against Cameron. I took Gibraltar on G1.

• :lol:

• Well, Cameron agreed to let me do that. It mgiht be because he’s going to beat me anyway, so that one little thing wont really matter.

• I keep the carrier without fodder to invite a German attack. The sooner I destroy that airforce the better. Same with the German Bomber in W Europe.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m