• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ieatcrayons:

I think you have to be religious in your political and scientific beliefs to unwaveringly believe that anyone against your opposing view is wrong/ignorant/part of an unorganize religious cult.  You’re an adult.  Grow up, act like a civilized person, own up to the fact that people think differently than yourself, move on.

No, you just need to have the most significant facts to support you to believe unwaveringly that someone opposing your view is wrong.  For instance, was Jeffery Dahmer right to be a cannibal?  No.  He was wrong.  See, you can have unwavering confidence in your stance on an issue and not be religious about it.

However, look at the global warming cult.  The Heaven’s Gate Cult and other infamous cults were engaged in the same tactics.  Bash and slander anyone who opposes you instead of arguing the facts.

Now, if individual leaders of the Global Warming Cult would get on national television for live debates with global environmental/geological/astronomical and other experts that disagree and prove their ideas are superior, it would be a scientific, not religious, debate.

However, to date, Al Gore has been asked thousands of times to debate the topic with experts and he has entered into zero debates.  He will only show up if he is allowed to orate a sermon to his cult followers.  Not debate.  Science is debate, test and codify, but still debate after codification to ensure it was codified correctly.

• However, look at the global warming cult.  The Heaven’s Gate Cult and other infamous cults were engaged in the same tactics.  Bash and slander anyone who opposes you instead of arguing the facts.

Only people I see bashing and slandering anyone here is balung and yourself.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ieatcrayons:

However, look at the global warming cult.  The Heaven’s Gate Cult and other infamous cults were engaged in the same tactics.  Bash and slander anyone who opposes you instead of arguing the facts.

I’m just comparing similar mentalities.  It’s not a bash.  Just a comparison.  You seem awfully defensive, almost like someone defending their religion against a non-believer.

• @Cmdr:

I don’t care who challenged it or why, Smacktard.  All that matters is that a court found that the film was NOT factual and had many unfounded statements in it’s editorials that it tried to pass off as facts.

Which was unnecessary and stupid, considering that ALL movies fall under this.

@Cmdr:

@ieatcrayons:

I’m just comparing similar mentalities.  It’s not a bash.  Just a comparison.  You seem awfully defensive, almost like someone defending their religion against a non-believer.

Delusional and projecting.  Are you paranoid?
    The oogey boogey weathermen aren’t out to get you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m