Axis and Allies Strategies for first turn, baby!!!

• TURN NUMBER ONE

RUSSIA: Play it defensively. Spend all of your money on infantry. You’ll need to protect Karelia at all costs. Take most of your units from russia, and place them in karelia. Leave your two tanks in Russia, and take them over to the Caucasus area. This way, if Germany tries to take Karelia, they will wear down their forces, and you will be defended in both karelia and Caucasus. If you feel lucky, you may take your men from from the soviet far east and Yakut S.S.R. and try to overtake manchuria. It will be a close battle, though. If you win, its three extra I.P.C.'s and the delaying of Japanese forces in Asia. If you lose, you will weaken most of the japanese in Manchuria, leaving them probably only with a fighter. Therefore, they will need to use extra resources to doubly reinforce Manchuria. Move your men from Evenki Nat’l into Russia. Take your sub and transport to the German sub to the south, and destroy that.

GERMANY: buy four tanks and one fighter. It is very important that you take Anglo-Egypt Sudan this turn. That means taking a tank form southern Europe with your transport. Make an amphibious assault and use your battleship for cover fire. Also, bring the Infantry and tank from libya. Once you take AES, the British sub may not go through the suez canal. (pg. 9 in the manual.) Next, use your bomber and extra fighter to do a Strategic Bombing raid on Russia. Use all possible units to attack Karelia, while still defending the west from the British. If you take Karelia, the Russians will need to scramble their men from Ukraine, leaving that empty or very weak.

BRITAIN: The British strategy is usually cast off as not very important, but in reality, Britain is the key to the Allied victory. buy a fighter and one infantry. You should also buy an industrial complex and place it in India. This way you can place three units per turn, stopping Japan from entering Asia. But India is in danger the first turn, so you should probably place your submarine in with the transport. Also, make an amphibious assault on Algeria, to gain back some of those lost I.P.C.'s. you should use your battleship, and your transport from Eastern Canada. Use the other transport from Britain with two infantrymen. Use your aircraft on Great Britain for a strategic bombing raid on Germany.

JAPAN: use your money on transports, infantry, and maybe one tank. Take as many people away from Japan and try to take back manchuria from Russia if they attempted to take it earlier. You will not need to worry about an invasion of Japan at this time, because of your great navy. Concentrate mainly on Asia. Use your transports with two men to overtake Australia. Take the Plane from your Carrier and use those. If you feel up to it, try to take China from the U.S. with your men in the adjoining territory, and definitely with the help of some planes.

UNITED STATES: the main things you’ll need are transports, battleships, and airplanes. Gather your boats together, so that they will be well defended from the Japanese fleet. Start making your way to Africa to help out the British, and also make some offensive strikes on Western Europe. (You can probably tell that I didn’t expend most of my strategic efforts on the U.S.)

• RUSSIA: Play it defensively. Spend all of your money on infantry. You’ll need to protect Karelia at all costs. Take most of your units from russia, and place them in karelia. Leave your two tanks in Russia, and take them over to the Caucasus area. This way, if Germany tries to take Karelia, they will wear down their forces, and you will be defended in both karelia and Caucasus. If you feel lucky, you may take your men from from the soviet far east and Yakut S.S.R. and try to overtake manchuria. It will be a close battle, though. If you win, its three extra I.P.C.'s and the delaying of Japanese forces in Asia. If you lose, you will weaken most of the japanese in Manchuria, leaving them probably only with a fighter. Therefore, they will need to use extra resources to doubly reinforce Manchuria. Move your men from Evenki Nat’l into Russia. Take your sub and transport to the German sub to the south, and destroy that.

I’d suggest a first turn attack with Russia. Ukraine and Finland are most tempting. Ukraine especially, it cripples the Germans early.

GERMANY: buy four tanks and one fighter. It is very important that you take Anglo-Egypt Sudan this turn. That means taking a tank form southern Europe with your transport. Make an amphibious assault and use your battleship for cover fire. Also, bring the Infantry and tank from libya. Once you take AES, the British sub may not go through the suez canal. (pg. 9 in the manual.) Next, use your bomber and extra fighter to do a Strategic Bombing raid on Russia. Use all possible units to attack Karelia, while still defending the west from the British. If you take Karelia, the Russians will need to scramble their men from Ukraine, leaving that empty or very weak.

Big mistake. 4 Tanks and a fighter will burn out quickly. You need infantry early in the game. I usually buy 8 Infantry and a Transport, but it all depends on Russia’s move. If your not going strong in Africa, the fighter is a wise choice though.

BRITAIN: The British strategy is usually cast off as not very important, but in reality, Britain is the key to the Allied victory. buy a fighter and one infantry. You should also buy an industrial complex and place it in India. This way you can place three units per turn, stopping Japan from entering Asia. But India is in danger the first turn, so you should probably place your submarine in with the transport. Also, make an amphibious assault on Algeria, to gain back some of those lost I.P.C.'s. you should use your battleship, and your transport from Eastern Canada. Use the other transport from Britain with two infantrymen. Use your aircraft on Great Britain for a strategic bombing raid on Germany.

The IC is a good idea, either do that or buy a Carrier. The Fighter and Infantry are an ok move. I’d consider just the fighter and saving the cash for next turn. Keep in mind, some German players may destroy that sub.

JAPAN: use your money on transports, infantry, and maybe one tank. Take as many people away from Japan and try to take back manchuria from Russia if they attempted to take it earlier. You will not need to worry about an invasion of Japan at this time, because of your great navy. Concentrate mainly on Asia. Use your transports with two men to overtake Australia. Take the Plane from your Carrier and use those. If you feel up to it, try to take China from the U.S. with your men in the adjoining territory, and definitely with the help of some planes.

Good here, except for Australia. The odds are against you, its safer to just leave it there until you have a free turn to take it out. Good work with the transports, its hard resisting the temptation of ICs.

UNITED STATES: the main things you’ll need are transports, battleships, and airplanes. Gather your boats together, so that they will be well defended from the Japanese fleet. Start making your way to Africa to help out the British, and also make some offensive strikes on Western Europe. (You can probably tell that I didn’t expend most of my strategic efforts on the U.S.)

Forget the battleships and planes for now. I suggest letting Britain handle the Planes. Battleships are really too little for the large cost. Early in the game, try to get some Infantry to Africa or Russia.

Not bad overall, might want to rethink your German Strategy.

• Oh, boy! Would I love him to be USSR if’n I was Japan. He set me back one turn…whoopeee :roll:! He just OPENED THE BACK DOOR.

Assuming 2 hit BB
    J1 - purchase (the usual) 1 TRN & 5 INF (2 IPCs left)

Combat -
    I figure Us navy gone from HAW sz,
    CHI taken,
    MAN retaken or at least reinforced.

Little to no opposition thru USSR to the rodina(mother Russia) and a slight delay to the southwest(india’s IC). I’m ready to use IJN Imperial Japanese Navy against SFE next turn or India in 2 turns(if US Attacks the fleet I’ll consider it a gift to Germany :lol:

You wanna peesa me,hunh?

• Das me, Gottamit!
    I guess I’m gonna havta check evrtim B4 I post. %@#*&^ #^**@!
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blagr snrukn dolpm fzodt! - Xi

• As fer which is my FAV country… it makes me no nevermind. However, If’n you are gonna play and don’t invite me…
    ENJOY YOUR LAST FEW DAYS ON EARTH! :P

Hey, I admit it . I’m an A&Amonger… A&Aophile… A&Aoholic… A&Aromancer… whatever you wanna call it…I"LL PLAY :lol: - Xi

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m