Hey, do I have any fellow Heroes Fans on the boards? Is it still as interesting to you as last season was?

• @Guerrilla:

Hey, do I have any fellow Heroes Fans on the boards? Is it still as interesting to you as last season was?

watch out for potential spoilers!!

I’ll bite!
    It is interesting still, i think.  I am still enjoying the adventures of Hiro, and i’m curious where they are taking the Petrelli thing.  The foreshadowing of the new evil villain by Molly in the next-to-last episode last season has me wondering about the new evil dude as well.
    I am, however, losing interest in the Clair Bennet thing (although watching her dad take out the photocopy guy was fun), and i’m not that thrilled with the new Portman angle.  The Guatemaulan pair are reminding me of nuke-boy in the last season as well (why is he protected against his sister’s rage?)

• I boycott all “one word names” for TV shows

One show does it and everybody needs to copy the same idea. Before 2002 no shows had a one word. Seinfeld was the exception.

I bet their is some link between heroes, lost, and those other 4 one word shows. I know that for some reason the same people like  them all and that would confirm some idea that their some ‘gimic’ going on.

I also never watched any movies made by marvel comics ( spider man, fantastic 4) or those “MTV live real world” types of shows except Dog: Bounty Hunter.

• '19 Moderator

What about these:

MASH, Dexter, Airwolf, Batman, Webster, Baretta, CHiPs, Cheers, MacGgyver, Matlock, Cops, Moonlighting, Taxi,  Combat, Bonanza, Paladin, Coach, Baywatch, ALF, Benson

All shows I watched at one time or another, I am sure I could come up with a few more…

• 2007 AAR League

IL if you start hating on MacGyver we are gonna have a problem :wink:

• @dezrtfish:

What about these:

MASH, Dexter, Airwolf, Batman, Webster, Baretta, CHiPs, Cheers, MacGgyver, Matlock, Cops, Moonlighting, Taxi,  Combat, Bonanza, Paladin, Coach, Baywatch, ALF, Benson

All shows I watched at one time or another, I am sure I could come up with a few more…

Simpsons, Freakazoid, Futurama, not to mention all of the shows that start with “the”.
    More about Heros tho’ . . . .

• titles with “The” are two words IMO

Of that above list only Bonanza and Combat are great. I own the entire series on DVD on both. The rest of that list are abominations.
    except Taxi wasn’t too bad. MASH is the worst show ever made… almost as bad as Webster  :mrgreen:

But it does appear that i need to revise a few things.

The recent thing with one word shows of late is what i’m getting at. One is popular and the bandwagon of every new show has the same one word title to it.

• @Imperious:

titles with “The” are two words IMO

Of that above list only Bonanza and Combat are great. I own the entire series on DVD on both. The rest of that list are abominations.
    except Taxi wasn’t too bad. MASH is the worst show ever made… almost as bad as Webster  :mrgreen:

But it does appear that i need to revise a few things.

The recent thing with one word shows of late is what i’m getting at. One is popular and the bandwagon of every new show has the same one word title to it.

I respectfully disagree . . . .
    MASH was awesome, but i’m guessing that you hated the liberalism portrayed there . . . .
    Also i’m not a big bandwagan jumper when it comes to tv shows, but my friend had the series on DVD (i hadn’t seen an episode) and suggested i try it, and it turned out o be really fun, and “hard to put down”.

• liberalism portrayed there . . . .

Liberalism??  MASH had liberalism?  naw cant be…

The best show about Vietnam was Gomer Pyle. No doubt about it.

• '19 Moderator

In High School, watching “Tour of Duty” was like religion for me and a couple of my buddies.

• Does this apply to movies as well?

Clerks was a damn funny movie.

• “Tour of Duty”

‘Paint it black’ was the theme song. Yes great show! forgot about that one.

I now move Gomer to second best show of Vietnam. good call.

• 2007 AAR League

tour of duty was on TNT in 1996-98.  was it the same one.  b/c i like it alot also.

• '19 Moderator

@balungaloaf:

tour of duty was on TNT in 1996-98.  was it the same one.  b/c i like it alot also.

The Theme song is unmistakeable The Rolling Stones “Paint it Black”  I don’t know if it was on TNT, but now I’m going to go look for the dvds…

• 2007 AAR League

http://www.pidd.homestead.com/TourofDuty.html

this is the one i watched.  is this the one you watched also.  its from 1987-90  but was re-aired in 1996-98.  it was very good.

cheers was awesome also.

man, now i cant help but start thinking of all the retro tv series that were awesome.

anyone remember hunter?  simon and simon, magnum p.i., family ties, mr.belvedere, charles in charge, who’s the boss, nightcourt, GUNSMOKE(a lot earlier, but must be mentioned……oh and its a one word show, that kicked royal ass)…i’ll finish the list of my memory later

i’ll continue the list later.

• I loved Magnum ( Higgins is very much like myself in mannerisms…except i am not gay :mrgreen:)

I tried to watch Simon and Simon but it was not as good. I did like that episode where they combined both shows in a two parter

• '19 Moderator

@balungaloaf:

http://www.pidd.homestead.com/TourofDuty.html

this is the one i watched.  is this the one you watched also.  its from 1987-90   but was re-aired in 1996-98.   it was very good.

Yeah, thats it

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m