• This is a subject that has kept me interested for awhile now. I have done some research on it and the more I read the more I can’t wait for 2012. Many believe that it is the Mayan’s prediction for the end of the world. However, I take the side of other’s who believe it is more of a new era of change. But what kind of change?
    Yes, it could be catastrophic… then it could be nothing. But our generation will witness it one way or the other.
    Any thoughts?

• 2007 AAR League

nostrodamus, i have a book about his writings called the coming of the great king of terror 1999.  in it he talks about a war b/w christians west vs the muslims and far east.  this war is due to cataclysmic changes of the earth.  perhaps due to some global warming.  but he does stated that all natural disasters become much much worse.  our grassfires have been the worst in a long time.  he states that in 1999 people will see a comet or asteroid.(something in space).  nasa did find one of interest in 1999.  nostrodamus then states this asteroid will come close to the earth and a chunk of it will hit the earth around 2012.  this asteroid is supposed to be the closest thing that has come towards the earth without hitting it….says nasa.  so he says a chunk lands in the atlantic ocean, destroying much of europes seaboard and our east coast.

the muslims and chinese take advantage of this to spread warfare b/c their vast, vast, (remember how young also) populations want FOOD AND WATER!  funny enough he talks about isreal being wiped out…and no longer exists.  and he talks about the muslims using weapons that turn the earth to fire, and where no human can walk there ever again.  this happens to eastern europe.  which is smart militarily b/c then the muslims can go to europe where good farmland is without worrying about the russians on their eastern flank.

basically it describes a 27 year war where america is only in it later b/c of riots and war in america.  but christianity wins and the leaders of the muslim armys…the white turban and the black turban (military and religious leader) are killed by muslims themselves.

he quotes that the bear and the dragon fight ferociously.  thats russia and china.  china of course wanting russia vast natural resources in siberia and the far east.  especially lots of gold and oil deposits.

the war ends and humans live in a new great land where war will be no more and everyone basically becomes christian.

it really sounds like revelation, which has its leanings towards the second millenium.  revelation isnt the end of the world in the bible, just a purification of all things debauched and sinful being done away with after terrible war, and everyone makes a new kingdom of heaven on earth and live by God’s law of love.

the hopi indians also have always called 2012 the great purification.  a new era.

so my bets are something f’ed up happens around 2012 that throws the world into choas.  (perhaps the united states doing nothing about crazy leaders of iran until its too late and they get nuikes).  then they use them and the world erupts into choas.  or perhaps its a natural disaster.

all i know is nostrodamus’ war revolves around a guy named the mahdi.  who claims to be the muslisms messiah coming about and starting a religious war.(could be that for water and food, the leaders create him to galvanize the people to fight)  and the mahdi is only a shiite figure.  shiite basically could be called iranian.  even recently with this new religious leader of theirs as president, people go to a well where the mahdi is supposed to come and see if they can hear him coming up.  they are waiting, some (too many) iranians feel like it will be any day now that he appears.

the mayans have had the best calendar ever.  it is even as precise as ours now.  some say more precise by about 1/10th of a  decade.  which is funny, b/c the mayan calendar runs on 10’s.  kind of like the metric system i guess.  perhaps they knew this terrible stuff was going to happen to humanity so they just gave up their civilization.  others speculate that their atronomers had seen this comet or asteroid a couple of times before, and with their fantastic calendar and excellent math, deducted the day it would strike the earth.  (b/c every time they saw it it was getting more in the earths trajectory).

there is a lot to think about.  but any way you want to look at it from the out on a limb stuff to rational today’s driven politics of the world.  something might just be brewing.  that sucks.  :x

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

12/10/2012 End of World Party at my House.  Bring your own Axis and Allies set!

Anyway, the Mayan’s version of the end of the world is not necessarily the end of life on Earth as we know it.  It is just a significant change resulting in a new world.  I believe.

• 2007 AAR League

ever since 1998 i’ve wondered why in the hell eastern europe would get nuked in nostrodamus’ statements.

i always thought b/c then the muslims were free to invade via turkey to greece and keep going without having to worry about the northeastern flank.

but upon reading a news article……it may make sense why muslims (via shiite iran with their mahdi) would nuke eastern europe.  its where the US’s missile defenses are going to be now!  thats a perfect target.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-europe-missile-defense,0,6249470.story

• One of the more common changes I have heard to come is the alignment of the planets in our solar system which occurs in 2012. This is somehow supposed to change the polarity of our planet’s magnetic field causing it to flip over so-to-speak. During the change, our ice caps will melt and in turn our weather system will subsequently be more extreme.

There are so many different takes on the predictions it can be hard to see which is the most believable.
    I just know I will be doing alot more “grocery shopping” in the spring and summer of 2012.

• 2007 AAR League

for real.  we’ll have to see.  we dont want to be those Y2Kers who buried all their money in the backyard and looked like fools. but if there is already messed up stuff going on……i’m all for the canned goods and gallons of water.  oh, and firepower.

• Silly people…

If you really believe that a serious problem will arise…

SEEDS are the critical thing to stockpile, and LUXURY items that you can use for trade… Alcohol and Tobacco are going to be EXTREMELY valuable very quickly after any type of massive economic upheaval (whether some catastrophe of nature, or just stupid people and dumb markets…).

• 2007 AAR League

spoken like a true trooper….wanting to stockpile cigs and booze rather than food.  :-D  you can always trade for food!  we need the true neccesities of life.

• '19 Moderator

@Jennifer:

12/10/2012 End of World Party at my House.  Bring your own Axis and Allies set!

Why 12/10?
    My great granny’s birthday was the 9th, I like that better…

I’m off to build my distillery and tobacco sead storage drawer…

• Somebody listens to George Norry instead of sleeping.

Besides me.

• 2007 AAR League

i have no idea who that is.

mind explaining?

• 2007 AAR League

Alright here is how I feel about this … I hope it doesn’t hit the Atlantic because I live right on the coast of the Atlantic basically so my house would be gone! :lol: I doubt I will move to Vermont like I want to by then.

I don’t believe any of this crock personally for a few reasons.
    I don’t think primitives living in Mexico a thousand years ago actually knew anything about the future they were probably smoking too much from that “peace pipe” or something.
    Nostradameous or however you spell it has never really interested.
    I don’t really believe that anyone can see the future besides God so I’m not about to beleive some Indians or some “prophet” who can see the future and writes books about it

I do however like the idea of no more russia and communist china and also the world converting to christianity :-D

• 2007 AAR League

Everything I have ever read or seen on TV about the end of the Mayan calendar suggests that most of you are correct. It ends on 12/21/12. The winter solstice and a gold mine for all of the numerology freaks out there. Their prophesy predicts a cateclysmic event that occurs and has occurred regularly every 26000 years or so 3 or 4 times in the past, I believe, and signals a sort of “time of great troubles” before a worldwide dawning of a “new age” among the human race, similar to a phoenix style rebirth myth. How the Mayans or anybody else could figure that out when recorded history is far shorter than 26000 years is beyond me and I haven’t decided whether it has any merit but it certainly is my favorite among all of the crackpot end of the world prophecies out there.

Also, the planetary alignments that Stuka had mentioned refers to the event where the Earth, Sun, and the black hole at the center of the Milky Way come into alignment. I believe this also includes the moon, as well, but I can’t remember. Some scientists believe that the resulting gravitational forces could possibly cause a pole shift in the Earth which, even at a few degrees shift, would be catastrophic to climate and agriculture and may cause large natural disasters. The funny part is that this event happens roughly every 26000 years.

If you’re a daydreamer, like me, it’s definitely an interesting thing to daydream about but don’t bet the farm on it like balung said. But, if you are going to stockpile for any reason, crackpot or not, you should probably go with dry goods like bags of rice, multivitamins, boxes of protein bars, AND seeds and bottled water. Everything else can be scavenged. My personal favorite would be slim jims and beef jerky. Yum.

And Switch only said tobacco and alcohol because he’s a chain-smoking alocoholic  :evil: :lol:. Don’t expect to go to his house and trade a candy bar for a box of smokes. You’ll probably get shot at.  And definitely don’t go anywhere near him after he runs out and has to quit cold turkey. Or me for that matter. :-D

• i have no idea who that is.

mind explaining?

George Norry and Art Bell before him have been talking about this for over 10 years. No month goes by w/o addressing this with a special guest on his show.

Basically any type of Monster story or end of the earth conspiracy is what this show is about. I have listened to this since the early 1990’s

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/

• http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2007/09/19.html

heres only a recent show. If you dig you can hear tons of this bogus junk.

The funniest guy is the one who claimed that one of Jupiter’s moons was a deactivated “death Star” and its getting ready to be switched back on to …destroy the earth…

LOL!

• What are you guys even talking about?  Please point to me as to what makes this thing you talk about true?  Where is this idea of the world ending?  I do not see it anywhere.  I am looking out the window and I see no indication of possible future events.

• 2007 AAR League

To quote the Spaceballs when they were combing the desert, mr. Dark Helmet: “We ain’t found shit!”. We didn’t say any of it was true. We are just having fun discussing end of the world prophesies. Specifically the the one concerning the Mayan calendar.

• Please point to me as to what makes this thing you talk about true?

The point is that it a joke. Its nonsense akin to the infamous holy tortilla or that stupid honey roll with the virgin mary face. Its also the way ancient people used to describe the world before they had science. Today its the anthem of social rejects who want their heritage to have some validity and all they have to grasp is voodoo dolls and superstition.

• The most likely reasons the Mayan Calendar ends in 2012…

1. The guy carving it got tired and stopped
    2.  He ran out of room on the rock

And everyone copying it after decided that was “far enough”

FYI:  I have several calenders:  The Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Safety Kleen, Lab Safety Supply, Chik-fil-A…
    AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM ENDS ON DECEMBER 31, 2007!

:mrgreen:

“It’s the end of the World as we know it, and I feel fine…”

• 2007 AAR League

mayans didnt carve them in rock.

they were so precise that even now they are only 33 seconds off of our calendar.  thats good.

also, how in the hell do mayans have pictures of elephants and giraffes etched into their temples.  how did the olmecs make statues of black people, big lips and all?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m