Expanded Rules: Major Disappoinment

• It seems like the powers at AH/Wizards went through the beta Expandand rules that we all tested here, picked out most of the worst points and left out the best.

What happened to mono-national armies getting more that 15 figs per 100 pts? Why did the Chinesee “platoon” go from 5 rifles, an MG, and officer to TEN rifles. I mean that’s 26 points if I remember correctly and THEN you have to fill the “army” out with only three more figures. This is just one example of the lunacy in the sample platoons. They seem DESIGNED to sell more figures rather than make “unplayable” figures “playable” But why should I be surprised about that from the people who crushed the card and wargame world with their iron fist of greed?

You guys aren’t “Wizards” of the coast. You are “Idiots” of the coast. I could have done a better job CHEAPER if I had published this at Cafe Press. It’s SUBSTANDARD, SHODDY, and it SICKENS me!

I assume you are going  to sell us “big” hex maps 1-4 in the “new” boxed set. Don’t bother, you are going to lose your base customer with this abomination anyway.

Your “in house” beta tester(s)" are either too busy playing Magic to care or just can’t find their a** with both hands.

The old AH games may have had some faults but they published errata that ACTUALLY FIXED problems. You guys are clueless. You actually succeeded in making the game MORE broken by putting in things like the grazing fire rule that most of the online “testers” were telling you was a BAD THING.

I’m probably done buying your junk. I’ve been buying AH products and other games from the companies you gobbled up since the 70s and I had HIGH HOPES that you were buying a clue with the online beta rules for this game and the modifications to the COMPLETELY BROKEN naval miniatures game.

I give up. Nothing short of boxes of free figures will make me feel like you haven’t just STOLEN $20 from me for these “rules.” I’ve spent THOUSANDS of dollars on my hobby with AH and hundreds on this “game” alone. :eek: Consider that substracted from the bottom line when doing your P and L projections in the future.

Give me a reason to not hand it all over to my 7 year old and left him go wild with it. I could sell it on ebay but I don’t want to foist this DOG on some poor soul who could spend his money on a actual game instead of the game construction kits you are selling. Aren’t you embarrassed by the popularity of HHR? Doesn’t your consumer feedback tell you that people are buying the naval figures and just using them with other rules sets? Is there any coffee there which you can wake up and smell?

I’ll copy this post to other A&A forums so that it can be read after the forum Nazi’s delete it and ban me.

Worst regards,

Zimistry

• '19 Moderator

Don’t hold back bro let us know how you feel!

I hear your frustration, I have found that I will most likely have to develope an extensive list of “house rules” and forge on.  Diapointing realy, I find it rediculous that they can put out an new ruleset suposedly fixing problems and charge for it. :roll:

• What is HHR?  I have been looking at Flames of War and that seems pretty cool. Seems a lot more details (pieces and otherwise) What other games are players using these pieces for?

btw The recosts are driving me nuts (if it were not for the fact that it is a lot of German pieces I’d really be ripping =).  If this was corporate the project leader would be gone.  That being said,  I think I’m addicted to the game until something better comes along. (does that ryme?) Great concept on the game just sad on the follow up.  I have seen tons of great ideas over the past 2 years on these forums.  Someone truly needs to take some of this info and actually use it properly.  Not just the unit wish lists.

Constructive Critisism,

Axis Fan

• What happened to mono-national armies getting more that 15 figs per 100 pts? Why did the Chinesee “platoon” go from 5 rifles, an MG, and officer to TEN rifles. I mean that’s 26 points if I remember correctly and THEN you have to fill the “army” out with only three more figures. This is just one example of the lunacy in the sample platoons. They seem DESIGNED to sell more figures rather than make “unplayable” figures “playable” But why should I be surprised about that from the people who crushed the card and wargame world with their iron fist of greed?

Platoons count as 5 units reguardless of how many units are in the platoon.  Also they do have nationality bonuses.  The Chinese get something like 22 units per 100 points.  It should be listed in the expanded rules, if not it is on the AH website.

You guys aren’t “Wizards” of the coast. You are “Idiots” of the coast. I could have done a better job CHEAPER if I had published this at Cafe Press. It’s SUBSTANDARD, SHODDY, and it SICKENS me!

I do agree that the expanded rules were made in a dark room by illegal immigrants.  The quality is so poor, we could make something better at a copy shop.

Your “in house” beta tester(s)" are either too busy playing Magic to care or just can’t find their a** with both hands.

The first part  might be true.  The second part, well, I don’t know why they’d want to find their a** with both hands anyway.

Give me a reason to not hand it all over to my 7 year old and left him go wild with it. I could sell it on ebay but I don’t want to foist this DOG on some poor soul who could spend his money on a actual game instead of the game construction kits you are selling. Aren’t you embarrassed by the popularity of HHR? Doesn’t your consumer feedback tell you that people are buying the naval figures and just using them with other rules sets? Is there any coffee there which you can wake up and smell?

I posted on the AH boards how you could foist them off on me already lol.  If your going to be making coffee, I request hazelnut or french vanilla. mmmMmmmmm

• '19 Moderator

@Jason:

The first part  might be true.  The second part, well, I don’t know why they’d want to find their a** with both hands anyway.

LOL, the saying is “…can’t find their a** with both hands in their hip pockets.”

• Zimistry:

you must be some kind of genius.

all i can add is Avalon Hill is run by fantasy game idiots who spend all their time playing D&D when they were young and latched on to AH because they figured: “gee i can remain an idiot, get paid, and support a company based on other idiots besides myself”

WOTC has no idea what their targeted audience is because they wont accept that its still primarily wargamers who were with them back in the day, but they view everything through a constant reminder of being the company with the next “Magic: the gathering” cash cow because they desperately want to be a caterer to those young misfits with plenty of money from mommy. They should stick to grinding it out making legitimate games. When they have an idea its usually get in some hot designer, rub him down, and hope he can pull out a winner for the team.

Its almost like how Al Davis of the Raiders always gets these washed up guys who were great 5 years ago, and think all you do is take a chance on them only to get junked with another defeat. Its a cheap way to sell tickets, but does little to provide a constant steady cash flow and rather the sales go up and down like an elevator. AH want to do business by peaks and valleys and thats why they alienate people like you and me and don’t care.

:roll:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m