• 2007 AAR League

Somebodys strategy could also be for Germany to draw the attention of UK and US and try and hold them off from reinforcing Russia and let Japan Destroy Moscow.

But I would use luftwaffe Superiority instead of Kriegsmarine Superiority.

If I went down that route I would try and devise a strategy as looked at already to use the Kriegsmarine + the Luftwaffe to wipe out the UK fleet early and then reinforce the Luftwaffe later and ensure no more Allied divisions come to the aid of Moscow.

• @trihero:

I don’t think the Germans should buy any navy, either. I did start out thinking that the Germans should always buy a carrier at first, I suppose like anyone else. It’s just one of those things you grow out of I guess, like peeing in your bed!  :? :-o :-D

That means you always win against anyone who buys AC G1?

• @Romulus:

Considering what has been said on another thread, I am wondering about buying an AC on first turn: could it be a good counter for a KJF? (if Russia player make an opening that may support a KJF)

Seriously, what do I do to incite a KJF, as playing Jap?
    Do not do pearl?
    I’m not gonna do a “weak pearl”, but anything that can make US come after me would be tempting.

The most obvious thing to stop a KJF is definately 4-5 trans G1.

• @Lucifer:

Seriously, what do I do to incite a KJF, as playing Jap?
    Do not do pearl?
    I’m not gonna do a “weak pearl”, but anything that can make US come after me would be tempting.

The most obvious thing to stop a KJF is definately 4-5 trans G1.

How about a DD purchase G1?

no UK planes will attack that.  And yes, I know, for another $4 you can get a carrier and do the same thing even better.

Hard part about the carrier is knowing when to let it die (and the other navy still with it) without losing your two german fighters on it.

I try to get Japanese fighters on that German a/c if possible.  Hurts less when that goes down since Japan can afford the two ftrs more than Germany in a typical KGF allies strategy.

• @axis_roll:

How about a DD purchase G1?

Yeah, how bout that?

Nah, how long can you keep baltic with one DD + original stuff?
    Is 12 ipc worth one rnd without brits?
    You tell me.  :wink:

Personally I wanna keep UK out until rnd 3-4, maybe 5 with AC buy.
    But then again, it’s not the freakin AC that matters, it’s how you use it.

• German AC has only two ways of using:

• staying in the Baltic doing nothing of particularly useful, other than taking fig away from WE or EE;
    • participating in an attack to an Allied fleet dying as cannon fodder.

In the past I though that it may be used to contrastate Allies landings and other similar things.
    But such employment may be quickly achieved with “a good stock of infantries”.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The German AC does prevent a British invasion of Norway on G1 by making it too costly for England to leave it’s fleet in SZ 3.

The Germany AC does NOT prevent a British invasion of Karelia/Archangelsk furthermore, it encourages a British invasion of Algeria.

• AC G1 may force UK to build 2 AC’s, G can use the AC as fodder against UK.
    If UK land in Norway UK1, then Russia can block with sub on R2.

Or UK goes to Algeria, stacks with American and Russian units.  Dares Germany to attack it.  And waits for the AC, DD, 2 TRN, SS to come from Atlantic/Indian oceans thus saving lots of money on naval units for a short delay, a delay that’s functioning nicely to help England reclaim africa.

• nd waits for the AC, DD, 2 TRN, SS to come from Atlantic/Indian oceans thus saving lots of money on naval units for a short delay,

Does that statement tickle anyone else’s brain? Short delay meaning 3+ turns? How does the united UK fleet off of Aus make it to European seazones in less than 3+ turns?

• She is talking about a dump of UK and US forces into North Africa for 3 turns, with a fleet that is immune to the Germans, then when the extra units arrive she can shift anywhere she wants with complete immunity.

The SZ35 fleet can be moved into UK waters on UK4, allowing for a landing in Western that turn, or anywhere else the following turn, with plenty of naval force protection for the TRNs, allowing the UK and US combined fleet to split apart, with UK heading north, and US moving into the Med if they choose.

The net effect is that Russia stands alone against Germany for 3 turns while Germany loses Africa.  With solid Russian trading, 4 turns is not a major problem.  Then starting in Turn 4 Germany has a few issues… Allied fleets they cannot hope to touch, the Brits hammering them in Norway, Karelia, Eastern, or moving to Archangel to reinforce the Russians, and the US able to hammer Western, Southern, or move through the med to reinforce Caucuses.

It is actually a VERY deadly strat if it is not effectively countered as it allows the UK and USA to make a landing of more than 20 divisions in Turn 4, basked up by AF and BB shots, and enough extra TRN that survivors in addition to build units can strike again elsewhere with no interruption of any shucks.

Not to say it is unstoppable, mind you.  You can ask Switch how to stop it, he did it, has done it before and probably will again.  So there are ways to stop it, but it’s difficult and it doesn’t leave you a lot of room for error. (Your errors have to be less then your opponent’s errors, IMHO.)

• True Jen.

I got my but handed to me by AJAX in a DAAK game a while back with the North African Dominance strat.  I have put a lot of thought into countering that one in the 18 months since…

• I really must be missing something. How does a unified fleet off of the north west side of Australia get into the W. Europe seazone by UK4? Are we simply assuming that you can sail through the Suez with impunity on UK2? I just don’t see it because you have to be in control of both sides of a canal at the beginning of the turn in order to pass through, which seems to me impossible because Germany can/should have either Egypt and/or Trans-J  :? Or did I read some rule wrong or miss something else?

• @ncscswitch:

She is talking about a dump of UK and US forces into North Africa for 3 turns, with a fleet that is immune to the Germans, then when the extra units arrive she can shift anywhere she wants with complete immunity.

The SZ35 fleet can be moved into UK waters on UK4, allowing for a landing in Western that turn, or anywhere else the following turn, with plenty of naval force protection for the TRNs, allowing the UK and US combined fleet to split apart, with UK heading north, and US moving into the Med if they choose.

The net effect is that Russia stands alone against Germany for 3 turns while Germany loses Africa.  With solid Russian trading, 4 turns is not a major problem.  Then starting in Turn 4 Germany has a few issues… Allied fleets they cannot hope to touch, the Brits hammering them in Norway, Karelia, Eastern, or moving to Archangel to reinforce the Russians, and the US able to hammer Western, Southern, or move through the med to reinforce Caucuses.

It is actually a VERY deadly strat if it is not effectively countered as it allows the UK and USA to make a landing of more than 20 divisions in Turn 4, basked up by AF and BB shots, and enough extra TRN that survivors in addition to build units can strike again elsewhere with no interruption of any shucks.

OUCH

KGF sucks (as the axis)

• @trihero:

I really must be missing something. How does a unified fleet off of the north west side of Australia get into the W. Europe seazone by UK4?

SZ30 (rd1)
    SZ28(rd2)
    SZ23(rd3)
    SZ12(rd4)

Hello France! (rd5)

SZ 35 to SZ 33
    SZ 33 to SZ 27
    SZ 27 to SZ 17
    SZ 17 to SZ 7

(Aircraft Carrier, Destroyer, Transport off India)

SZ 40 to SZ 42
    SZ 42 to SZ 22
    SZ 22 to SZ 12
    SZ 12 to SZ 7

(Transport, Submarine off SE Australia)

• I would like to ask: is it not better to use Indian Fleet against Japan and slowly rebuild UK Home fleet?

Waiting Indian Fleet are 4 turns in which Allies should keep the US and UK fleets togheter.
    If UK build slowly up a fleet turn 3 or 4 Allies may separate US and UK fleet landing in two differents territories (UK in Norway and US in Africa). Meanwhile UK Indian fleet may be used to create problems to Japanese.

• SZ 35 to SZ 33
    SZ 33 to SZ 27
    SZ 27 to SZ 17
    SZ 17 to SZ 7

(Aircraft Carrier, Destroyer, Transport off India)

SZ 40 to SZ 42
    SZ 42 to SZ 22
    SZ 22 to SZ 12
    SZ 12 to SZ 7

(Transport, Submarine off SE Australia)

Oh I see, I’m really bad with seazones. I assumed you first unified off of Australia, not immediately run separate ways!

I would like to ask: is it not better to use Indian Fleet against Japan and slowly rebuild UK Home fleet?

I like to kill the Kwang transport myself :D

• I usually send the Indian DD to attack Japanese TRN in sz59.
    Then unify the British Fleet in sz 30.
    From there in UK2 I evaluate the situation.
    If possible I try to get a shoot at the Japanese Island in the south Pacific (East Indies or New Guinea).
    If USA is rebuilding a fleet on West Coast, I go south of Australia to join with USA Pacific Fleet (Maybe the Fifth Fleet :) ) in the Solomon.

For the UK Home fleet I prefer to buy 1 AC and several TRN for increasing carry capacities and self defence.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m