• @Funcioneta:

Clear, but if I want karma you. What have to do? Only say karma+1 or is there any button somewhere for… wel, karming?  :lol:

Karma +1 to you  :-D

I karma-ed Romulus for you.

Or did I?

Dun dun dun.

• 2007 AAR League

@Funcioneta:

@Frood:

@Funcioneta:

He, he. Thanks, Frood  :lol: Would you like a e-mail game?  :-D

Hi, pals. What is that “karma” stuff?

Sure, if you are willing to use TripleA.

OK, but could you explain me TripleA? I only have ABattle Map and not played by e-mail yet (only face to face). I think needs Java … should i install this Java stuff or goes with Windows?

Yeah, you have to install Java 5.0 (1.5?) or later - just get the latest version. Then, if you want to play on these forums, you’ll have to download the patched version of TripleA from my site - http://frood.net/aacalc/maps/

If however you want to keep it a little simpler, you could just download the latest version of Triplea from http://triplea.sourceforge.net/ and we can just e-mail the save file back and forth. For an e-mail game, triplea will roll dice using an e-mail server that e-mails the results to both of us for verification.

PM me when you have TripleA up and running.

• @Funcioneta:

@Romulus:

Positive karma is the number of time that you has been “applauded” for your post by other memebers of the forum, which appreciated them.

Negative karma is the number of time that you has been “smoten” for your post by other memebers of the forum, which disliked them.

Clear now?

:-)

Clear, but if I want karma you. What have to do? Only say karma+1 or is there any button somewhere for… wel, karming?  :lol:

When you get 100 post you will have the possibility to applaude/smite other members of the forum.

• @newpaintbrush:

@Funcioneta:

I karma-ed Romulus for you.

Or did I?

Dun dun dun.

Indeed you are powerful as the… Rubberchicken has foreseen!

• Hmm interesting stuff.

I always went against Wrus + Belorus on R1, mostly because I was guaranteed to win with minimal casualties, and the german counterattack is pretty naked.  Belorus I take with 2 fig and minimal inf, Wrus I pound into oblivion.  A counterattack on Wrus then is very unlikely, as there aren’t many inf to support the heavy gear for germany.  I went this was because im an oldschool player, where russia always had to play with maximized defense or die.

Im intrigued and happy with the new options tho for russia going offensive, and I think I will try out the Ukraine approach, tho to be honest, losing a fighter wont make a terribly huge difference for me as germany in G1, tho it will be an annoying sting.  Probably I would just drop a fighter from one of the sea battles… the one north of Egypt is probably best chances with reduced force, tho it would suck so hard if you failed and couldn’t get the tranny to land. Hmm…

As to the eastern units, yeah, get them moving and into a point of strategic importance. I prefer Shing as the southern route is usually more valuable for the both the axis and the allies, and the northern route is easily blocked with inf from Moscow if need be.  Another cool idea I never really thought about was moving a tank or two down there. Gonna have to check that out as well.

• Im intrigued and happy with the new options tho for russia going offensive, and I think I will try out the Ukraine approach, tho to be honest, losing a fighter wont make a terribly huge difference for me as germany in G1

I dunno why but after trying out both moves a lot, I still can’t say I prefer one.  :?

• 2007 AAR League

Actually I’m a little schizophrenic on the Ukraine issue. As Russia, I don’t like to hit Ukraine because it uses up valuable hardware. But as Germany, I like when Russia leaves Ukraine alone, because I get to keep the Ftr, Arm and territory. Not sure what to think. But when I’m in the seat as Russia and get to make the call, I usu. leave Ukraine alone.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I used to be a girl who ALWAYS attacked Ukraine and W. Russia with Russia to A) close off the blitz on Moscow and B) kill a German fighter.

Now I go the Belorussia/W. Russia route.  W. Russia to block the blitz on Moscow.  Belorussia to reduce Germany’s ability to hit W. Russia.

I think, in the long run, the latter is a better strategy.  You don’t kill a German fighter, but you don’t lose 3 Russian armor either.

• Thing is you might only lose 2 Russian armor. If the Russians live with 3 armor + in Ukraine and put an AA gun, it doesn’t seem to be in Germany’s interests to attempt taking the territory back. Strafe it sure, but taking it has uncomfortable risks - you either risk getting shot by AA if you send planes + inf, or risk exposing your own tanks if you send inf + tanks.

W. Russia + Belo is very comfortable and flexible, but Ukraine isn’t really clearly a bad option either.

I’ll use tanks and kill those russian Armor.  I Dont want Russia running around with 7 tanks on Round 2 and I definately don’t want to be down 3 IPC for Ukraine!

• I’ll use tanks and kill those russian Armor.

It’s kind of a tossup there, you would sacrifice what 2 tanks or so when the Russians counterattack Ukraine? I would be fairly content to knock out German tanks on the frontlines - they’re at their most annoying when reinforcing defense or providing punch for strafes, and the least annoying when they’re being used to trade frontline territories.

3 Tanks and an AA gun defending?

Heck, I’ll give you two German tanks for them.  I can build 8 on round 1, you can build 4 on round 1.  THink I can better afford it then you can.

• 2007 AAR League

@trihero:

Thing is you might only lose 2 Russian armor. If the Russians live with 3 armor + in Ukraine and put an AA gun, it doesn’t seem to be in Germany’s interests to attempt taking the territory back. Strafe it sure, but taking it has uncomfortable risks - you either risk getting shot by AA if you send planes + inf, or risk exposing your own tanks if you send inf + tanks.

W. Russia + Belo is very comfortable and flexible, but Ukraine isn’t really clearly a bad option either.

I never thought of the two AA gun move before - that has potential. I’ll have to try it.

• 3 Tanks and an AA gun defending?

Heck, I’ll give you two German tanks for them.  I can build 8 on round 1, you can build 4 on round 1.  THink I can better afford it then you can.

2 German tanks and 3 inf to make it safe? Or 2 inf 2 arm to attack Ukraine?

You can afford 8 tanks, but you probably don’t want to build that way, because you will quickly run out of cheap inf which can be better defensively spread (because you have more of them) and traded on the frontlines.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m