• Customizer

Sorry, but I have to go by the last map you posted and this still shows “Lybya”.  I was going to point out the Belgian Congo thing, but since the territory so named is actually more co-terminous with the southern half of FEA I assumed it was a composite territory given to France.

While we’re at it, what happened to Kenya/Uganda, which appears to have been absorbed into IEA. Give them back to Blighty! (merge them with Tanganyika = BEA.)

Map clip to follow…

There, that’s roughly how it should look.  One question here is over the “Kabinda strip” part of Angola.  My approach is to merge it with Angola propper to cut Belgian Congo off from the sea, and on my map BC then becomes a land-locked and impassable jungle.

Incidentally if you place the correct FWA/FEA border it will make FWA rather large.

Solution = move the Sahara further south to cover the top half of FWA and - yes! - give R de O a land border with Algeria/Morocco.  Oh, yes: fame at last.

Now you can consider if the Sahara needs dividing (if you have a rule allowing crossings), and if you wish to divide “Algeria” into Morocco and Algeria.  If not, it would actually be better as French North Africa.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• OK hers the latest draft…

I made a bunch of new changes.

Tekkyy i dont like that barent sea idea because your new SZ is a useless SZ, and secondly it does not give either side a buffer to protect the land.

the other things except Rio de oro i also changed. The Sahara is not invadable and mountain territories will be limited to 2 land units invading per sea zone. Making Rio further note is not accurate. the sahara territory includes the southern half of Algeria, Morroco, Lybia, and Eqypt and moving Rio further north makes it into morroco/algeria territory.

Other changes were made that nobody even pointed out …yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6hnsomrzy3m

http://www.mediafire.com/upload_complete.php?id=dmdpeqzsb1d

also fixed iran coastline

Adlertag. look at AARHE rules and work within these rules for 1939 modification. what forces should the new neutrals have???

where are these new diplomatic starting levels. Our system is best .use it.

• Customizer

Brief summary of what’s still wrong with the map:

1. East Germany/West Poland/East Poland/White Russia/West Russia/Moscow all one space too far east, no Pripet marsh

2. Sahara desert too far north, no Morocco.  I didn’t say move Rio north, but move Sahara and Algeria south to form Morocco.

3. No Gulf of Aqaba, therefore no T-J/Red Sea access

4. Only one India, too easy for Japan to conquer

5. Bulgaria has Aegean coastline

6. Territory marked “French Equatorial Africa” is Niger which was in F.WEST.Africa.

7. Nigeria shrivelled - needs border with FWA

8. Kenya and Uganda in Italian East Africa

9. Hopei should be Japanese held

10. Capital of Kwangtung should be Nanking

Getting……there…slowly…

Also suggest rejig of Siberia viz:

extend Buryatia to border Novosibirsk
    make eastern half of Buryatia “Amur” province.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• 1. East Germany/West Poland/East Poland/White Russia/West Russia/Moscow all one space too far east, no Pripet marsh

This is still under revised AA Pripet Marsh is too small for representation and we don’t represent Marsh in AARHE  It also wasnt a major issue in ww2 other than somewhat limited mobility but we have 6 month turns and in that scale its meaningless.

2. Sahara desert too far north, no Morocco.  I didn’t say move Rio north, but move Sahara and Algeria south to form Morocco.

Its fine the way it is. its also looking more like revised and we need some things to stay the same

don’t need it its not important

No its harder because if it was different territories the british would have the spread out, while the Japs can pick and choose where they want to destroy.

it has its own

6. Territory marked “French Equatorial Africa” is Niger which was in F.WEST.Africa.

fixed made a mistake.

7. Nigeria shrivelled - needs border with FWA

its fixed under #6. i accidentally put the font in the wrong place.

They wont be represented and you know this. If anything its Ethiopia and Italian Somaliland

I already told you thats its also like 3 other territories of which Japan didn’t conquer by this time. Its just a name to represent a much larger territory. China has many territories not only 6. please look at a map from this period.

This map does not represent only capitals…it represents only major important cities which may or may not be capitals. Nanking was under Japans control in 1937 so its not even accurate.

• ok another change.

fixed greek coastline, also TJ only has a very small access to the sea and its not enough to be represented at this scale. Trans jordan is totally insignificant anyway and id rather give the IPC point to Levant states or elsewhere.

i will also move the line for FWA to the east for clarification.

I may deduct a point for Borneo to three because the dutch are too rich and japan also got the new Marianas island group.

The dotted white lines on land represent this:

if you control all territories (both sides or all sides of this group) you can consider movement as one zone. if the enemy occupies even one zone he must use movement points to get to adjacent zones, while the original owner can consider the entire group as one movement point. This represents knowing the exact routes in jungles and cooperation with indigionous peoples.

• This map will need a lot of playtesting, and I can’t afford going to the local printer everytime IL update it. How about split the map in 8 or something separate files, then you can print them out on your home pc, and put all the pieces together lika a puzzle. Can you dig it ?

• you can do that anyway on your printer. I will make hash marks so you can print 8.5x11 sections.

Besides nobody said it was done. It cant be finished until the setup is done. we will find issues after setup is complete. I advise Tekkyy to post a version with the mock up units in positions starting the 1939 scenario.

The values of the units are already established under AARHE ( using all the extra pieces as possible candidates)

If you guys want i can load up the icons or you can drag them from the symbol tray to the map. it very straightforward.

• Customizer

@Imperious:

Its fine the way it is. its also looking more like revised and we need some things to stay the same

Make your mind up; is it revised or isn’t it. Be consistant.

But the map just looks wrong without it.  Seen Lawrence of Arabia? Aqaba is TRES important.

No its harder because if it was different territories the british would have the spread out, while the Japs can pick and choose where they want to destroy.

So if USSR was one territory it’d be harder for Germany to conquer?  Why divide FIC by putting in Burma?

it has its own

But it shouldn’t have.  Though I think you may have fixed this.  Well done.

They wont be represented and you know this. If anything its Ethiopia and Italian Somaliland

I’m only suggesting you expand Tanganyika northwards to include these areas, and call the whole lot British East Africa.  Look at a real map and you’ll see the border is in the wrong place.

I already told you thats its also like 3 other territories of which Japan didn’t conquer by this time. Its just a name to represent a much larger territory. China has many territories not only 6. please look at a map from this period.

All my maps show that Japan had taken over ALL the territory covered by Hopei on your map by 1939.

This map does not represent only capitals…it represents only major important cities which may or may not be capitals. Nanking was under Japans control in 1937 so its not even accurate.

But so was Canton.  And Shanghai, indeed all the important coastal towns. What I’m saying is that if you have one of these cities on the map it might as well be the capital - Nanking.

• 2. Sahara desert too far north, no Morocco.  I didn’t say move Rio north, but move Sahara and Algeria south to form Morocco.

Make your mind up; is it revised or isn’t it. Be consistant.

+++++++Its my map based on revised. that will always be Consistent.

But the map just looks wrong without it.  Seen Lawrence of Arabia? Aqaba is TRES important.

+++++++++I don’t base my maps on movies. I have to look at what can be accomplished in real terms a very small insignificant narrow water access to a useless channel of water is what constitutes as useless.

So if USSR was one territory it’d be harder for Germany to conquer?  Why divide FIC by putting in Burma?

+++++That was done because FIC is too large and it was my solution to help protect India with a buffer state. Division = weakness… the solution is buffer states. If USSR was one territory it would protect it, but your doing the apples and oranges thing again because USSR was a major player in the war and India was just a ‘helper’ for the allies… nothing significant to the war.

it has its own

But it shouldn’t have.  Though I think you may have fixed this.  Well done.

I’m only suggesting you expand Tanganyika northwards to include these areas, and call the whole lot British East Africa.  Look at a real map and you’ll see the border is in the wrong place.

+++++++++ British East Africa was done by 1939 The new territories are Kenya and Tanganyika. Look at a real map of this period. I admit the border is not correct so ill correct it so it touches the Sudanese border to link the British assets

All my maps show that Japan had taken over ALL the territory covered by Hopei on your map by 1939.

++++++ Please read my post a few more times and then repeat your same claim over and over again…eventually you will actually read the part that says “its a representative name of 3 other territories not occupied by Japan in 1939 as well”

But so was Canton.  And Shanghai, indeed all the important coastal towns. What I’m saying is that if you have one of these cities on the map it might as well be the capital - Nanking.

+++++Canton/Hong Kong were not occupied until 1941. This map is 1939. Nanking was already in Jap hands. You made another mistake. Just accept it and move forward.

Start working on the set up…

• extend Buryatia to border Novosibirsk
    make eastern half of Buryatia “Amur” province.

this weakens the Soviet hold on the border too much. If people play normal revised they lose this and your idea is marginal and to no benefit to the project. I can use your methodology to keep dividing up territories ans turn this into a useless passion. The buck has to stop somewhere. Look at the other Soviet territories now they will look larger…. should i just keep making them into smaller territories?? will that make for a better game?

no i think not.  If something does not add to the game in a meaningful way then i don’t add it. Just like that "Trans jordan: the “internationally renowned military port” to the red sea-- idea of yours.

The only reason why i added more territories to middle east was to help slow down the movement from Africa to Russia by axis forces, because it creates too much pressure on Caucasus. Thats another reason why your argument on India fails. I protect indirectly and directly… keep it one territory and buffer it with useless nations so its harder to get at.

• Customizer

Note I make Novo Buryatia mountainous - a powerful block to an unrealistic Japanese invasion route.

I agree that you can go on dividing territories forever, but this suggestion did have a purpose to it.

My information is that Canton fell to the Japanese on 21st October 1938.

You made another mistake. Just accept it and move forward.

It doesn’t matter how many maps of China I look at, they all show the ENTIRE region covered by your Hopei under Japanese occupation by 1939.  Kwangtung is open to debate on the cities vs territory question, but Hopei is Japanese period.  Please show me a map demonstrating otherwise.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Japanese_Empire2.png

• *purchase chart - I take it the 5 IPC rocket launcher is the new symbol for ID (infrastructure defence) but whats the 8 IPC unit?
    http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=purchaseud8.png

The Sahara is not invadable and mountain territories will be limited to 2 land units invading per sea zone.

How come Sahara not invadable now?
    The mountainous limit might be too much. We already have a small terrain limit for places like Gibraltar in AARHE. 2 land units per cycle. Spain is for example mountainous but large territory.

Touch up China border.
    Hopei just enlarge it slightly
    Tibet just move it south slightly (reduce himalayas)

• The mountainous limit might be too much. We already have a small terrain limit for places like Gibraltar in AARHE. 2 land units per cycle. Spain is for example mountainous but large territory.

I think it solves alot of issues that are very historical. Norway was not re-invaded by the allies because of the difficulties associated with attacking a mountain territory, it also protects Yugoslavia and forces the allies to invade southern Italy. Also Hitlers plan for Spain didn’t involve a sea attack but a direct invasion from southern france. So what this does is make it more realistic for the game.

I also fixed the image of those two items on the purchase chart. they will show up now.

Touch up China border.
    Hopei just enlarge it slightly
    Tibet just move it south slightly (reduce himalayas)

ill look into this.

Canton fell to the Japanese on 21st October 1938.

ill find a place that wasn’t. or ill make the map for October 20th 1938.

or ill pull out another wikpedia masterpiece…

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Japanese_plan_for_china_-_December_1941.jpg

actually ill make it hong kong…thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hong_Kong

• Nice map.  Looks good.

• thanks

• Nice map, getting better and better, you guys really contribute to the society.

I love sz3 sz4 and sz5, no more UK ahistoric bridging of units from UK to Russia in one round. Now UK convoys must try to breake through the Tirpitz blockade.

Even Mediterranean sea is getting real good.

Just wounder why Italian East Africa (Abyssinia) is so large ? Etiopia is all mountains, and Somalia is desert, it should be hard to move an army through it, but now it is an express-route.

• Just wounder why Italian East Africa (Abyssinia) is so large ? Etiopia is all mountains, and Somalia is desert, it should be hard to move an army through it, but now it is an express-route.

it just got smaller because i linked the british colonies as they should be represented.

• Customizer

@Imperious:

Just wounder why Italian East Africa (Abyssinia) is so large ? Etiopia is all mountains, and Somalia is desert, it should be hard to move an army through it, but now it is an express-route.

it just got smaller because i linked the british colonies as they should be represented.

You see, it is worth persisting.  Even if sometimes it’s like squeezing blood from a stone…

Area “A” is already Japanese, or if by “to be secured” you imply no control, then neither did Germany ever “secure” Ukraine or Belarus.
    I refer you to the Changsha suggestion I made some posts ago; Hong Kong as a Chinese VC makes little sense as the Japanese wouldn’t have attacked it before Pearl Harbor for fear of provoking the Brits.

Incidentally the latest Mediafire map won’t download.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m