• @Frood:

Boy, I used to have a lot less bad karma…

Just a warning - if my bad karma outstrips my good karma, I’m taking frood.net offline! (just kidding)

mmm… maybe you deserve bad karma for having threatened all the community of pulling frood.net offline!  :-D

I am joking!

Serioulsy, my idea is that each individual karma is a partial view of the status of the overall forum. I will try to explain better my thought.

Karma of each member is the temporaneous result of how he is currently seen from the other, members. So if a member has good karma, it means that the remaining members, on average, enjoyed to interact with him. The more members have positive karma, the more enjoying interaction they caused.
    Vice versa, if the forum has the majority of the member with negative karma, then it means  that interaction between members is less enjoyable.

• I knew my hatred of Switch was justified!  :lol:  :lol:  Just joking… Please don’t ban me!

• 2007 AAR League

@Romulus:

@Frood:

Just a warning - if my bad karma outstrips my good karma, I’m taking frood.net offline! (just kidding)

mmm… maybe you deserve bad karma for having threatened all the community of pulling frood.net offline!  :-D

I am joking!

Serioulsy, my idea is that each individual karma is a partial view of the status of the overall forum. I will try to explain better my thought.

Karma of each member is the temporaneous result of how he is currently seen from the other, members. So if a member has good karma, it means that the remaining members, on average, enjoyed to interact with him. The more members have positive karma, the more enjoying interaction they caused.
    Vice versa, if the forum has the majority of the member with negative karma, then it means  that interaction between members is less enjoyable.

That would be true if the Karma (good or bad) was coming from a wide group, problem is you don’t know where the karma’s coming from, if it’s only from a small group it losses it’s meaning.

• @Emperor:

@Romulus:

@Frood:

I am joking!

That would be true if the Karma (good or bad) was coming from a wide group, problem is you don’t know where the karma’s coming from, if it’s only from a small group it losses it’s meaning.

You are right for sure, it may be only an indicator of the global interaction between members.
    It is only a point of view in giving karma a meaning. If threads intevention and posts are applauded then there is a greater chance that they has been interesting.
    But I agree with you that it is only a partial and incomplete view.

• 2007 AAR League

Boy I wonder who is smiting me and why…  :cry:

• @Frood:

Yes, who could it be?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

@newpaintbrush:

@Frood:

Yes, who could it be?

You little prick! And here I’ve been applauding you for your funny posts!

BTW I love the boomstick avatar. I just borrowed (from Cystic Crypt) the “Boomstick Edition” of Army of Darkness - one of my fave movies of all time no doubt!

• @Frood:

@newpaintbrush:

@Frood:

Yes, who could it be?

You little prick! And here I’ve been applauding you for your funny posts!

BTW I love the boomstick avatar. I just borrowed (from Cystic Crypt) the “Boomstick Edition” of Army of Darkness - one of my fave movies of all time no doubt!

No, I wuz just instigatin . . . I haven’t REALLY smitten you in some time . . . probably.  I think.  Damn this drunken haze.

Just in case, tho, I’ll applaud u.

(edit) hey, it won’t let me . . . session verification failed.  Tried logging off and back in a few times, didn’t work, oh wellz (/edit)

I have smitten ncsswitch and Jen though.  BOOYAH.   :-D

• Well thanks for making me popular :-P

Oh, and you can;t give Karma in GD, only in the other forums…

• :-D

Newpaintbrush, now I am laughing too much to try to give a serious answer.
    It is to fun the idea of you that can not applaud Frood and, being in another thread smites Switch and Jen!

What is the genius? Fantasy, intuition, keen eye and quickly execution!

After, I will go to another thread, out of GD, trying for a post of you for APPLAUDING you!

Please do not retaliate with your Rubber chicken!!!

:lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m