• I just noticed that on my profile it says “Karma:  +2/-0”.  Now what exactly does that mean?

• 2007 AAR League

means somebody(s) applauded you twice.  no-one has smitten you.

• '19 Moderator

@balungaloaf:

Yay!

• 2007 AAR League

Smite is an awesome word. Especially in the form “smote”, eg. “I smote thee! Har har”.

Smitten is cute too. I’m a smitten kitten!

I smite very rarely, but when I do I like to tell people why, such as “Bad grammar”.

• @AgentOrange:

I just noticed that on my profile it says “Karma:  +2/-0”.  Now what exactly does that mean?

@balungaloaf:

What he said. :-)

The most likely causes of good karma are witty or otherwise intelligent posts and making good points in a discussion. Sometimes folks just like what you said. Also someone may think your signature or avatar or something is cool.

Alternately doing the opposite of the above will get you some smite.

• @frimmel:

@AgentOrange:

I just noticed that on my profile it says “Karma:  +2/-0”.  Now what exactly does that mean?

@balungaloaf:

What he said. :-)

The most likely causes of good karma are witty or otherwise intelligent posts and making good points in a discussion. Sometimes folks just like what you said. Also someone may think your signature or avatar or something is cool.

Alternately doing the opposite of the above will get you some smite.

lol

It’s kind of like Peer Rating… Here’s one for starting the topic! :-D

GG

• @balungaloaf:

no-one has smitten you.

wish that was me.  :cry:

• I kind of wonder if there is something of a KARMA war going on.  I note that NC has a bizaare amount of it, and just far too much of that is negative, despite all of the work that he puts in.  This makes me wonder if people are just smacking him (and others) with it out of spite for ages-old grudges.

• I am just popular…  :-D

• 2007 AAR League

I think it’s just a function of how much NC posts. The more you post, the more you will attract karma, good or bad.

That and he does tend to get into controversy… can’t be helped as a mod.

• @cystic:

I kind of wonder if there is something of a KARMA war going on.  I note that NC has a bizaare amount of it, and just far too much of that is negative, despite all of the work that he puts in.  This makes me wonder if people are just smacking him (and others) with it out of spite for ages-old grudges.

Don’t know about other ppl.  I just smack ncsswitch for the hell of it.

(smack)

• Thanks for the answers guys.  In truth, I actually deduced that for myself about five minutes after asking, so…

anyway, to answer this…

@ncscswitch:

I am just popular…   :-D

Isn’t it just another form of popularity when a bunch of people hate you?  So perhaps, instead of saying “popular”, maybe try using the word “notorious”.

Infamous works too…

• If it were ALL negative, I would agree.

Since it is now (and has been from the beginning) nearly balanced, I would say Popular.

Just like the popular people in High School were liked by one large group, and often hated by everyone else… I would say that Popular fits.

Oh gods… I am popular!
    retch
    :evil:

Brings back wonderful memories don’t it?

• My High School Yearbook specifically states for me that I will be working outside Pennsylvania’s 9th Congressional District.  I am.  I have left Pennsylvania completely, and have skipped every reunion since then (and my 20th was in August).

I was never so happy to get away from a group of people as I was when I graduated High School.

YES, that whole “popular” thing does bring back memories… now those memories can just GO AWAY!  :mrgreen:

College on the other hand…  :evil:

• 2007 AAR League

@Guerrilla:

Infamous works too…

I would say “controversial”.

Then we have a celebrity! NC, could we attempt to make some money off your negative waves?

• 2007 AAR League

Boy, I used to have a lot less bad karma…

Just a warning - if my bad karma outstrips my good karma, I’m taking frood.net offline! (just kidding)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m