• '19 Moderator

I get these things weekly, What I want to know is what Kind of knuckle head falls for this?

Here is this weeks weak atempt:

Dear Cook,

My name is Mr Richard Keita, a banker with one of the leading banks here in Abidjan Cote d’ivoire, West Africa. I am the personal account manager to Eng. Graham Cook, who used to be a contractor with an oil servicing company based here in Cote d’Ivoire. My client, his wife and their three children were involved in the ill fated Kenya airways crash in the coast of Abidjan in January 2000 in which all the passengers on board died.

Since we heard of his death, we have been expecting his next-of-kin to come over and put claims for this money for the family, because we cannot release the fund from his account unless someone applies for claim as the next-of-kin to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines. Unfortunately, neither their family member nor distant relative has ever appeared to claim the said fund.

Upon this discovery have decided to make business with you and release the total amount into your account as the next of kin to the fund since no one came for it or discovered the maintained account with our bank, otherwise the fund will be returned to the banks treasury as unclaimed fund. Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over last 6 years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name with him, so that the proceeds of the account valued at ($7.850 million us dollars) can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money.

I require you to immediately indicate your interest by a return e-mail and enclose the following:

1. Your name
    2. Postal address
    3. Date of birth
    4. Telephone and fax numbers
    5. Profession with position

Note; this transaction must be kept strictly confidential because of it’s nature. i look forward to receive your prompt response. Thanking you for your anticipated cooperation.

Sincerely yours
    Mr Richard Keita.

btw I hope if I post this retards email address it gets picked up by 3 million spam bots: richardkeita11@hotmail.com

• I always liked the one where you helped smuggle the millions of dollars out of some African nation for some “political refugee” in exchange for 10%.  :roll:

• That crap happens on the Avalon hill boards on a daily basis… always with some “legitimate west african company” looking for people to buy unlocked stolen phones. As if their was such a place.

Id respond to him like this:

1. Your name ( use Richard Keita)
    2. Postal address ( hourly computer terminal in cybercafe, west africa)
    3. Date of birth ( 9-11-01)
    4. Telephone and fax numbers ( 853-1212)
    5. Profession with position ( professional con man with poor English skills wasting all day trying to dupe Americans into ponzi schemes).

• A Winnipeg physician (84 year old) arranged for someone trying to con him into coming to Winnipeg where the con man was arrested.  Sadly he had already “invested” a fair bit of money into the scheme . . . .

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m