• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

more maps

[attachment deleted by admin]

He triggered it with the SBR in Russia anyway.

It’s a guy from the Army, Neil Schmitz.

More maps.

Note, Japan decided to destroy the battleship instead of a fighter.  To save it from certain destruction from the British fleet.

America got hosed.  She had an 86% chance to win with both battleships surviving (most likely a fighter, destroyer and carrier as well.)

I call this the Jennifer Effect.  I always seem to get the worst possible result when it comes down to the dice.  Considering changing to LL only games so I have a chance to win. :P

Germany surrender after UK 6.

England got uber lucky attacking Karelia.  Almost 100% accuracy with tanks and planes in round 2.  Though, I think Germany and Japan were still pretty strong, considering America only had 54 IPC in land/air units (all infantry) and 76 in naval (all transports except Aircraft Carrier and Destroyer on opposite ends of the globe.)

I stuck to my guns though, even though it looked bad, I kept America on the path of KJF with English Support and focused on securing Moscow at all costs.

He spent too much time going for the IC in Sinkiang I think.  Trading 3 Armor for 3 Russian Infantry a round isn’t a good trade, IMHO.

What do you think, nuno, since you’ve been gracious enough to take this as a pet project. =)

Well, there are other clubs, AAMC, DAAK, FoE, etc.  But my buddies and I play in mIRC since we’re thousands of miles apart.

The 4 inf qualified for Moscow because Moscow was attacked by the Japanese.  But it also qualifies because the Bomber was landed on the border to Moscow.

And yea, we had already caught the error in Moscow.  One too many clicks when placing units I’m afraid.

Anyway, the Axis almost had it, but he decided to keep up with tanks and switched to Infantry too late.

The first time in the game that the Japanese forces attack any red territory, you may place four of your infantry for free in that territory before resolving combat.  If Japan attacks more than one red territory in that turn, you may decide which such territory receives the infantry.  If you attack an orange territory before Japan attacks you, you lose this national advantage.

They can go into any red territory that is attacked by Japan, not just Buryatia. (Which is the only red territory that borders an orange territory.)

• I think Nuno was referring Larry Harris 2.0., in which is stated that infantry may go in a territory that is adjacent to a japanese controlled territory (not only an orange territory).

But maybe in this game you are using an older verions of LHTR.

Sorry, yes, we were using LHTR 1.3

2.0 just came out, didn’t it?

• Yes 2.0, is the latest version, and non-aggression pact has a different ruling.

I have it, but havn’t printed it out.  JSP and I are running with 2.0.  Somethings are over powered, some are nerfed.

(IE Japan can team Most Powerful Battleships with Nightfighting and thus kill any KJF strategy before any begins.)

• @Jennifer:

I have it, but havn’t printed it out.  JSP and I are running with 2.0.  Somethings are over powered, some are nerfed.

(IE Japan can team Most Powerful Battleships with Nightfighting and thus kill any KJF strategy before any begins.)

But in that case they are giving up any possibility to use land NA (namely Banzai attack) and then if other nations select land based NAs Japan may work harder while going on Moscow.
    This week end we played a 4 player game with LHTR 2.0 and 4 NAs for each side.

I was Russia/US. I started R1 and choose Non aggression treaty.
    on J1 Japanese selected Nightfighting.
    On US1 I chose War Economy.
    Then I and the Brithish player agree in leaving to USA the fourth NA to chose.
    In J2 Japanese player selected Most Powerful Battleships.
    Then in US2 I selcted Mechanised infantry.

I planned to contrast japanses on he Asian mainland. USA infantries landed in Algeria in US1, after two turns of struggling in North Africa, they arrived in Persia in US4 and are resdy to figth in India and Sinkiang in US5.

The problem with the double NAs for the BB is that Japan have only two units that benefits from that NA. US mechanised infantr yaffected all the USA infantry, and moving of two with infantry is a great thing!

So my IMHO is:

• NAs should be considered a sa whole not singularly. Comnsidere as a whole they are less broken than they seems
    • Second choosing NAs well is part of the game strategy, and USA have a great advantage, becasue maye choose last two times.
    • Third NAs are really fun!

• If you like NA’s, you should look into the Enhanced (A&ARe) versions of the National Advantages.

RUSSIA

1. Russian Winter - Once during the game in your Collect Income phase, you can declare a Severe Winter. From now until the end of your next turn, your INF defend at 3 and attack at 2. The defense benefit applies to Combat in any territory, whereas the attack benefit applies to Combat in Red territories or W. Russia only. When attacking, INF may be matched 1:1 with RTL, & thus attack at 3.

2. Russian Railway - In the NCM phase, Russian Land Units [Inf, Art, AAGun] may move up to 2 territories per turn ONLY among these territories: [Bury, Yak, Novo, Rus, Cau, Wrus, and Kar]. You may move into or through any of the Allied owned listed territories. The Units must begin their turn in a Railway territory.

3. Russian T-34’s - Your ARM in Red territories defend on a 4.

4. Lend-Lease - When declared, Russia is given a free 5IPC this turn only.
    -During your Mobilize Units phase, you can convert up to 12IPC worth of Allied units into Russian units if they are in a Red territory. These may be land or air units. Remove the affected units from play and replace them with the same units of your own color. Any Tech or NA benefits from the previous owner are lost. Base costs are used for conversion (ie. not discounted costs)
    -During your Purchase Units Phase, UK + USA can lend Russia up to 2 IPCs in total sum. The IPCs are removed from the UK/USA income and are available for Russia to spend immediately this turn. The total of Cash Converted + Units Converted this turn must be no more than 12IPC.

5. Mobile Industry - Place 1 free IC and 1 free INF during the Mobilize Units Phase of this turn only in any Red territory you control. Both units must be placed in the same territory. The IC cannot build until next turn.
    -Your ICs may move 1 territory during NCM (as long as you owned them at turn start). ICs can only move among Red territories. They may produce in territories they just moved to, as long as Russia owned the territory at turn start. Multiple ICs may exist in a single territory, but only 1 remains active (for the purposes of Rocket attacks, SBR and unit production)

6. Siberian Conscripts - Place 1 free INF/TURN during the Mobilize Units Phase in either [Yak, SovFE, or Bury] if you control it.
    -The Non-Aggression Treaty : Russia will receive 6 INF (instead of 4).

GERMANY

1. Atlantic Wall - Place 1 free INF/TURN during the Mobilize Units Phase in WEur if you control it.
    -During Germany’s Conduct Combat Phase, you may designate 1 RTL in either WEur or Norway for “Coastal Defense”. The selected RTL must have started its turn in the territory, and cannot move this turn. “Coastal Defense” gives you a single attack at 2 (3 with German 88’s) for the selected RTL against a single enemy sea unit of your choice in any adjacent SZ: 5,6,7 or 13 for WEur, 3,5 or 6 for Norway (SUBs cannot be targeted). The attack is rolled in Opening Fire and casualties are removed at the end of Opening Fire. The RTL is not subject to counterattack by naval vessels in the SZ.
    -During any Amphibious Assault against WEur or Nor, all your INF and RTL defend on a 3 on the first cycle of combat only.

2. German 88’s – Place 1 free RTL for Immediate use this TURN in EEur if you control it.
    -Place an additional free RTL during the Mobilize Units Phase of this TURN in Any Grey territory you control.
    -During the first cycle of combat only, on Attack only, your RTL fire at 3 in the Conduct Opening Fire phase (instead of Attacking Units Fire Phase). Casualties are removed at the end of Opening Fire. Attacking INF still get RTL support, but fire in the Attacking Units Fire Phase).

3. Panzerblitz - If your attacking forces destroy all defending units in a territory in one cycle of combat, any of your surviving ARM may move 1 territory during NCM. This NCM move applies even if: a) your ARM has already moved 2 spaces in Combat b) you invaded an empty territory c) you invaded a territory containing only an AAGun and/or IC d) your ARM arrived by amphibious assault

4. Afrika Korps – Place 1 free INF for immediate use this TURN in Libya if you control it.
    -Place an additional free 1INF,1RTL and 1ARM during the Mobilize Units phase of this TURN in Libya if you control it.

5. Wolf Packs -When declared, place 1 free SUB in either SZ 5 or SZ 14 during the Mobilize Units phase of this turn only. You may place the SUB even if the SZ is enemy occupied.
    -Your SUBs attack at 3 (4 with Super Subs) if there are at least two of them at the start of the combat cycle. The SUBs may come from different SZs, but must attack the same SZ. When there are less than two SUBs at the start of a combat cycle, this ability is lost. The Wolf Packs NA does not improve defending SUBs.
    -Your Convoy Raids do increased damage when there are at least two or more German SUBs in the same SZ. If the group of SUBs is within 2SZ of the enemy IC, the enemy subtracts an additional 1IPC from their collected income. If the group of SUBs is within 1SZ of the enemy IC, the enemy subtracts an additional 2IPC from their collected income.
    -Your SUBs cost 1IPC less.

6. Luftwaffe Dive-Bombers - During the first cycle of combat, if there are no defending FTRs present, your FTRs hit on a roll of 4 or less. In succeeding cycles of combat, the FTRs hit normally. If defending FTRs are present, this ability is cancelled. This NA applies to both Land and Naval Combat. Your FTRs are still subject to any AA Fire.
    -Your FTRs cost 1IPC less
    -Your 1st FTR purchased costs 5IPC less. (Hans-Ulrich Rudel Rule)

UNITED KINGDOM

1. Colonial Garrison - Place 1 free IC and 1 free INF during the Mobilize Units Phase of this turn only in either [ECan, Egy, SAfr, Ind, or Aus] if you control it. Both units must be placed in the same territory. The IC cannot build until next turn.

2. The Commonwealth - Place 1 free INF/TURN during the Mobilize Units Phase in either [ECan, Egy, SAfr, Ind, or Aus] if you control it.

3. Radar -When declared, place 1 free AAGun in either [UK, ECan, Egy, SAfr, Ind, or Aus] if UK controls it, during the Mobilize Units phase of this turn only.
    -UK owned AAGuns in tan territories and UK BBs with Combined Arms have their AA-to-hit value increased by 1 (ie.to 2)
    -UK owned AAGuns in tan territories may attempt to shoot down Rockets at a roll of 2 or less, for zero damage.
    -When declared, UK is given a free 8IPC to spend towards either Jet Fighters or Combined Arms Tech. UKs attempt at the Tech selected succeeds automatically with 4 rolls instead of 6. IPCs not spent, or unable to be spent this TURN, may be carried over, but must still be used for JF or CA. This applies to only one of these two techs.

4. Royal Navy - Place 1 free DD off the coast of either [UK, ECan, Egy, SAfr, Ind, or Aus] if you own the land territory, during the Mobilize Units Phase of this turn only. You may place the DD even if the SZ is enemy-occupied.
    -Your DDs cost 1IPC less.

5. Royal Air Force - Place 1 free FTR in either [UK, ECan, Egy, SAfr, Ind, or Aus] if you own it, or on an AC adjacent to these territories, during the Mobilize Units Phase of this turn only.
    -Your FTRs cost 1IPC less.

6. UK Lend-Lease - When declared, UK is given a free 5IPC this turn only.

• During your Mobilize Units phase, you can convert up to 12IPC worth of USA units into UK units if they are in any of these territories: [UK, ECan, Egy, SAfr, Ind, or Aus]. These may be land or air units. Naval, air or land units in a SZ adjacent to these territories may also be converted assuming you control the territory. Remove the affected units from play and replace them with the same units of your own color. Any Tech or NA benefits from the previous owner are lost. Base costs are used for conversion (ie. not discounted costs)
      -During your Purchase Units Phase, USA can lend UK up to 2 IPCs. The IPCs are removed from the USA income and are available for UK to spend immediately this turn. The total of Cash Converted + Units Converted this turn must be no more than 12IPC.

JAPAN

1. Banzai Attacks -When declared, place 1 free INF in either [Man, Kwa, or FIC] if you control it, during the Mobilize Units phase of this turn only.
    -Your INF attack at 2 for the first cycle of combat only. There are no restrictions on what units may accompany your Banzais. Banzai INF may be matched 1:1 with supporting RTL, and thus attack at 3 on the first cycle of combat.

2. Tokyo Express - Your DDs gain limited transport capability. Maximum carrying capacity is 2INF per DD. Each DD can be used during either Combat or NCM, but not both (with the one exception of Tokyo Express-DDs starting in a Hostile SZ)
    i) COMBAT - Your DDs can load and/or unload only 1 INF during Combat. As per LHTR rules, a unit loaded in Combat must be unloaded in Combat on the same TURN (unless DD is sunk or forced to retreat). If the SZ is hostile, your DD must first participate in Naval Combat (at full strength, ie.3/3). If your DD survives, it may then unload 1INF into the Amphibious Assault.
    -If you have Combined Arms, your DD can Bombard, BUT only if there was no Naval Combat prior to the Amphibious Assault. Combined Arms Tokyo Express-DDs can only Bombard into the same territory they are Unloading units into.
    ii) NON-COMBAT - Your DDs not participating in Combat can load and/or unload up to 2 INF during NCM. INF loaded during NCM do not need to be unloaded the same TURN, and may remain aboard the DD. A loaded DD does not suffer any combat penalties (ie. it remains 3/3)

3. Yamato Class Battleships - Your BBs attack, defend, and bombard on a 5.
    -Your 1st Battleship purchased costs 5IPC less.

4. Tech Advantage - When declared, Japan is given a free 16IPC which must ALL be used towards developing Minor Tech. IPCs not spent, or unable to be spent this TURN, may be carried over, but must still be used for Minor Tech.

5. Kaiten Torpedoes -When declared, place 1 free SUB in either SZ 60 or SZ 61 during the Mobilize Units phase of this turn only. You may place the SUB even if the SZ is enemy-occupied.
    -Japan may designate up to 2 SUBs/TURN as Kaitens. Kaitens can only be used for attack.
    -At the start of Combat, Japan must declare a “primary target” if using just 1 Kaiten in a SZ, and a “primary and secondary target” if using 2 Kaitens in a SZ (Enemy SUBs cannot be targeted). Enemy BBs still require 2 hits, and would thus need to be targeted twice.
    -Kaitens are subject to detection but their DD-to-detect values decrease by 1 (Kaitens and regular SUBs will have different DD-to-detect values, so it’s possible for defending DDs to detect regular SUBs, but not Kaitens).
    -If “undetected”, Kaitens roll against their primary target first, and only move on to the secondary target (with a 2nd Kaiten) if the primary is destroyed.
    -If “detected”, Kaitens must roll against an enemy DD first, and only move on to the primary target (with a 2nd Kaiten) if the DD is destroyed.
    -Kaitens hit in the first cycle of combat on Opening Fire on a 3 or less (4 with Super Subs). Kaitens cannot be hit by enemy units. Instead, they die automatically at the end of Opening Fire, whether they have hit or not. Kaiten casualties are also removed at the end of Opening Fire, regardless of whether the Kaiten was detected or not.
    -Your SUBs cost 1IPC less.

6. Kamikaze Attacks - Japan may designate up to 2 FTRs/TURN as Kamikazes. Kamis can only be used for attack against naval units and may use their full range of movement to reach the SZ without needing a friendly territory to land.
    -At the start of Combat, Japan must declare a “primary target” if using just 1 Kami in a SZ, and a “primary and secondary target” if using 2 Kamis in a SZ (Enemy SUBs cannot be targeted). Enemy BBs still require 2 hits, and would thus need to be targeted twice. If Kamis and Kaitens are used together, you would declare up to 4 targets in total. The Kaitens would roll first, with the Kamis continuing in sequence. Kamis do not have to kill an enemy DD first if the Kaitens are detected and fail to hit the DD.
    -Kamis are subject to any AA Fire (land-based AAGuns or BBs with Combined Arms), or “intercepting” FTRs (ie. with UK Radar or Jet Fighters) and are removed IMMEDIATELY if hit. If Japan has Jet Fighters, they may lower enemy AA-to-hit values (but not “intercept” values)
    -Kamis hit in the first cycle of combat on Opening Fire on a 4 or less. Kamis cannot be hit by enemy units (except AA and interceptors). Instead, they die automatically at the end of Opening Fire, whether they have hit or not. Kami casualties are also removed at the end of Opening Fire.
    -Your FTRs cost 1IPC less.
    -Your 1st FTR purchased costs 5IPC less.

UNITED STATES

1. Mechanized Infantry - When declared, place 2 free INF in either [EUS, CUS, or WUS] if you control it, during the Mobilize Units phase of this turn only.

• Your INF have a move of 2 and may blitz as tanks do.

2. Pacific Divisions - Place 1 free INF/TURN during the Mobilize Units Phase in either [Sink, Chi, Kwa, Phi, Alsk, Haw, or WUS] if you control it.

3. Marines – Unit placements are for the Mobilize Units Phase of declaration turn only.

• Place 1 free TN in either the [EUS, or WUS] seazone if you control territory.
    • Place 2 free INF in either [EUS, CUS, WUS, Alsk, or Haw] if you control it. The Infantry may be placed in separate territories.
      -During Amphibious Assaults, your INF attack at 2 for the first cycle of combat only. Marines may be matched 1:1 with supporting RTL, and thus attack at 3 on the first cycle of combat

4. Naval Industry - All your Naval Units (TRN,SUB,DD,AC,BB) cost 1IPC less

5. Reinforced Carriers - Your ACs require 2 hits to destroy, just like BBs.
    -Your 1st Aircraft Carrier purchased costs 5IPC less

6. Tech Investment - Your attempts at Tech succeed automatically with 4 rolls instead of 6.
    -When declared, US is given a free 5IPC to spend towards developing Minor Tech. IPCs not spent, or unable to be spent this TURN, may be carried over, but must still be used for Minor Tech.

• Yes Axis_Roll, I have also used Enhanced NA. They are great and add so much flavour to the game, differencing the nations with features that only them have.

As I said NA intersting thing is that they have to be chosen wisely, and that adds another interesting feature to the planning for the first turns, that are less boring and less involved in repeating always the same opening!

• Just wondering that if first attack made by Japan to Russia is a strategic bombing and if Japan do not conquered Sinkiank nor Persia in that case the only place in which is possible to place the four infantries is Buratyia or not?

Romulus,

Most of us who play with NA’s do the following:

Random two NAs for each nation.

Bid.

Axis pick one each
    Allies pick one

That’s 6 NAs for the Axis and 7 for the Allies.

Now, you could have Banzai, Most Powerful and Night Fighting all at once.  Though, to get that lucky you’d be blessed.

• Ah, ok Jennifer, I understood!
    With random NA is very different. You may have great advantages or something of less useful.

Instead, we play choosing the NA. 4 for the Allies and 4 for the Axis.
    First round each nation chose the NA before starting her turn.
    Second round Germany and Japan choose a second NA for each of them and Allies choose which one will have the fourth NA among them.

In this way we believe there is an additional interst to the game.

If you are going to go that route, I’d say the Axis should have 6 NAs and the Allies 5.  Just because the Axis need the help against ver 1.3 and OOB NA’s.

2.0, so far, appears to be completely one sided against the Axis again in NAs.  I’ll probably stop playing NA games if people move to 2.0, well, until things like Banzai are restored to normal.

• We have taken the idea about NA from A&A Revised Enhanced. Sometime we play the full ruleset of Enhanced rules, other time LHTR with NA, but the way we use NA is the same.

Indeed I think we need some other games to be able to make an evaluation about NAs.

Enhanced has it’s own problems, however.  Primarily U-Boat interdiction is too strong.  It should be reduced to the NA level of 1 IPC per submarine, instead of 2 IPC per submarine on England’s border.

That, primarily, is one of the major reasons I have quit using the Enhanced rule set.

• @Jennifer:

Enhanced has it’s own problems, however.  Primarily U-Boat interdiction is too strong.  It should be reduced to the NA level of 1 IPC per submarine, instead of 2 IPC per submarine on England’s border.

That, primarily, is one of the major reasons I have quit using the Enhanced rule set.

You just haven’t played enough Enhanced games to realize that subs are not the end all piece that you profess them to be in Enhanced.  :-o :-o :-o

With enough experience, subs can be dealt with effectively.  :-D

In Enhanced, every move has a counter.  Every Strategy can be effectively beaten… trust me, I’ve played about 50 Enhanced games.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m