• @DarthMaximus:

Consider a Full cash bid.  I’d grant someone as high as 20+ in a straight cash bid.

ZOMG!!!1!!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@newpaintbrush:

@DarthMaximus:

Consider a Full cash bid.  I’d grant someone as high as 20+ in a straight cash bid.

ZOMG!!!1!!

Can I take you up on that, DM? :)

• Jen beat me to it Darth…

But if you want a League game with NO units as as the Axis and a bid of, shall we say $19, I would be happy to give you a run for your money.

I have the Tournament pending, and Amon-Sul is giving me a run for his money with a near suicidal (but damn dangerous) German push on Moscow.  But I would still be happy to see what you have up your sleeve against an Axis $19 cash-only bid…

Lol!  :-)

I was wondering who the first would be say, I’d take that!

As I recall, someone already won a game giving up 20 one time, and that may have even been FIDA.  Hmmm, I can’t remember who though.  :-D

I’d play a “for fun game”, Axis get 20 in cash only.  It would have to be TripleA though, since I already have 2 games going.

• @DarthMaximus:

As I recall, someone already won a game giving up 20 one time, and that may have even been FIDA.  Hmmm, I can’t remember who though.  :-D

That would be me… Round 1, 2006 Singles Tournament against Trigger.  And it was an unrestricted bid…

@ncscswitch:

@DarthMaximus:

As I recall, someone already won a game giving up 20 one time, and that may have even been FIDA.  Hmmm, I can’t remember who though.   :-D

That would be me… Round 1, 2006 Singles Tournament against Trigger.  And it was an unrestricted bid…

Yep, it is all coming back to me.  :-)
    I should have used this –>  :wink:  instead of this -->  :-D

• And truth be told, it was a DAAK screw up.  My bid was like $7, but somehow DAAK gave the axis to Trigger.

Fortunately, I still won with a Sea Lion Scare after G2 if memory serves :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I just got nailed with a stealth FIDA.  Championship round AAR tourney in AAMC.  Trying to talk to my opponent cause it’d been 3 months since a round started and I totally forgot it was FIDA.  Almost nothing is FIDA anymore. :/

There’s a reason why almost nothing is FIDA.  Giving the axis anything more then 10 IPC is asking for problems for the Allies.  Even if it is 50/50.  Though, 100% cash isn’t as bad because you can decimate the Axis before they can bring those units to bear. (ie, take Algeria and Egypt.  Take W. Russia, Ukraine and maybe, if you are gutsy, E. Europe.)

• 2007 AAR League

What is FIDA?

• @AJ:

What is FIDA?

http://aamc.net/bunker/forumsql/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=68

All AARevised games played in AAMC use FIDA bidding unless the players agree to another bid system prior to the game starting.  FIDA stands for Flames of Europe, IAAPA, DAAK and AAMC, the four clubs that developed the bidding system.  Under FIDA bidding, each player submits a number of IPCs for a bid.  The lower bid plays Axis.  Up to half of the value of those IPCs can be placed on the mapboard prior to the start of the game in new units.  Germany can place units in territories and sea zones that already contain German units.  Japan can place units in territories and sea zones that already contain Japanese units.  Neither Axis player can place units in territories or sea zones where it does not already have units.  The remaining balance of IPCs from the bid can be given to either Germany or Japan or split in whatever manner the Axis player chooses.

Example of a bid:  15, 1 Inf in Ukraine, 1 Rtl in Libya, 6 IPC Germany, 2 IPC Japan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m