Germans taking the united states

• I actually think it is fully possible.
    you concentrate most of your efforts at russia but buy 1 tranny per turn and keep it by italy. when you have 4-7 fully loaded trannies you move out like your going to attack britain.

• For the Germs to cap USA,this would be highly unlikely without the Germs sending an Invasion Fleet (several transports w/1 inf +1 arty) and the Amers would see it coming…But is isnt impossible(It would be against my crowd,however!)…

• I DID IT!

• I didnt keep it, but i did succesfully invade the United States once, built a big fleet a couple of turns into the game and came from the med and feined a britian attack and so the US reinforced the british navy to try to stop that invasion and left the United states defeatable but the britsh player was better and built a force in canada, and so when i took the us canada crushed me i basically took the us out of the game but the money spent on the fleet was enough to let the russians get the advantage and so i eventually lost the game, but it was exciting.

I do think that the taking of the Us is posible but you would have already pretty much of beaten russian down to just like moscow and nothing more but that would probably have too many inf to take and then concentrate on atlantic if you had done a decent job of keeping the british and american warships in the atlantic to a few with your air craft, it is very unlikely though to capture america, i really shouldnt be saying much because ive only won by capturing moscow, never thought a britian invasion was possible the # of troopsthey can put up is just too much to hold the russians and get enough transports and extra troops to take britian, havent been able to get enough people to play lately all my friends cept one want to play is risk/ risk 2210

• it is possible, the problem is that the British player may see the action and help defend the us

• Ok how the heck do you take USA in axis and allies Europe?  Is this some kind of inside joke?

• @Imperious:

Ok how the heck do you take USA in axis and allies Europe?  Is this some kind of inside joke?

take out the supply lines to the convoys first
    then relentlessly bomb and invade it while buying anti aircraft and battleships and fighters to defend your own turf
    basically take out the us before they can get motivated, i mean they get like 20 things,you could and should use your 12 beginning ipc for 1 fighter, then do the above, took out us on my second turn.

• Doesnt it say in the rules: the united states cannot be conquered? or am i thinking of another game.

• @Imperious:

Doesnt it say in the rules: the united states cannot be conquered? or am i thinking of another game.

I would suggest checking the manual! :-D

But anyway basically it is practically impossible (assuming fair dice!)
    It all boils down for “Russia”, “UK” and a “Middle East” addition as the basic paths to follow for Germany!

Btw, after registering finally: GREETINGS, Imperious Leader!  :-)

I Igree it is possible done it myself once and my opponents quit then too.

• i tried it.  Its failed.  However I think with more practice it could be pulled off.  I just thing the technique eneds to be refined.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m