• OK, I’m playing as the Allies and I’m in a very unfavourable condition. Russia is still in in stalemate with Germany in Karelia and E. Europe after 5 rounds. Though UK’s Indian IC is competing with Japan’s Kwantung IC, Japan can invade Russia via Yakut and Sinkiang. I need to defend Moscow. But I’m short of troops cos Germany has guard army in E. Europe… What can I do?  :|

Here is the circumstance:
    Russian:
    Russia: AA, IC
    Kazakh:3 inf
    Karalia: 13 inf, 2 arm, 2 ftr, AA, IC
    Eevenki Nat’l Okrug, Novosibirsk: nothing
    Finland: (2 inf and 1 arm from the US)

Germany:
    Germany: 1 inf, 2 ftr, 1 bomber, AA, IC
    E. Europe:6 inf, 6 arm, 1 ftr
    Egypt: 2 inf
    Algeria, Caucasus: 1 inf
    S. Europe: 2 arm, AA, IC
    W. Europe, 1 inf, AA
    Eastern Mediterranean SZ, FWA SZ:1 tran
    Ulkraine, FWA, Libya, Iraq: nothing

The UK:
    UK: 5 inf, 1 arm, 1ftr, AA, IC, (2 ftr from the US)
    India: 5 inf, 3 arm, 2 ftr, 1 bomber, AA, IC, (2 inf, 1 ftr from the US)
    Persia: (3 inf from Russia)
    Congo: 1 inf
    Kenya, Italian East Africa, South Africa, Madagascar, New Zealand, Gibraltar, FEA, Eastern and Western Canada: nothing
    Indian SZ: 1 sub
    Borneo SZ: 1 tran
    UK SZ: 1 AC, 1 tran (2 ftr, 1 tran from the US)

Japan:
    Japan: 3 inf, 1 ftr, AA, IC
    Yakut: 1 nf, 1 arm
    Kwangtung: 6 inf, 7 arm, 1 bomber, IC
    Burma: 1 inf
    Okinawa, Caroline, Borneo, New Guinea, Solomon: 1 inf
    Midway: 1 arm
    Australia: 1 inf
    Wake Island, Philippines, SFE, Manchuria, China, East Indies, Sinkiang: nothing
    Japan SZ: 1 AC, 1 BB
    Kwangtung SZ: 1 BB, 1 tran, 1 sub

The US:
    E. US: 2 inf, 1 arm, AA, IC
    W. US: 4 inf, AC, IC
    Alaska: 2 inf, 1 arm, (1 arm from the UK)
    Hawaiian island: 1 inf
    Mexico, Panama, Wesrt Indies, Brazil: nothing
    E. US SZ: 2 tran

Please give me some advice. Thanks.  :-)

Whose turn is it now?

It looks like Germany is a little weak on Inf.

You could attack EE with 13 inf, 2 arm, 2 ftrs, the goal here would be to go for about 3 rds, then retreat back to Kar and place new units there.  You could probably kill 6 inf, 4 arm (38 ipc), while losing 10-11 inf (30-33ipc).

It also looks like you have 3 Rus inf in Per, get them up to Mos.  You may have to attack the G inf in Cauc with the 3 inf in Per.  Pull the Kaz inf and any Russian troops out east back to Mos.  Let the UK protect your backside with inf/arm and the US should be transporting troops to Fin.  Get your UK/US ftrs to Kar or Mos (as needed for defense).
    Kill the Ger trns too!  :-)

The UK could use another trn or 2 in UK sz to help get more inf directly to Kar and threaten Ger with a direct landing.

Europe looks extremely weak, you need some US trns so you can unload in either Fin or WE.  Open up two fronts on Ger, by the time Japan gets close to Mos you should be able to Box in Germany and turn all 3 Allies agaisnt the Japanese armies in Asia.

• Yes, now is the US turn.
    Another thing: Germany has long range aircraft.
    Thank you for your help, DarthMaximus. I’ll try it out.  :-)

• LOL, why are there so few units on the board…

DM’s advice is sufficient to win you the game I guess, make sure you block that arm in Yakult, so it won’t blitz trough. You can even gamble for EEU, because the Germans don’t even have any back up to retake EEU. Go for WEU this turn with the US, it won’t be hard to kill 1 inf with 1 arm and 2 inf.

• Yes, Bashir. DM’s advice is sufficient to let me win, if I’m lucky enough… I’ve suffered a great lost in EEU. :-( The circumstance changed a lot. British has landed on WEU and the US raided Germany(US has 1 inf and 1 arm in Germany only.). But Germany still kept it main force in EEU. Meanwhile, Japan accumulated a grand troop in Kwangtung and has controlled the Indian Ocean, pressing against India.
    Germany will surely march back to Berlin, maybe also WEU. And I think Japan will only harass Russia as it trends to conquer India before Russia. What can be done?

• 2007 AAR League

Man, if you’ve conquered Germany, you need only to keep up the pressure on germany. Germany won’t build next turn, meaning he’ll loose an entire turn, while UK & RUS builds on his doorstep. At the minimum you should be able to take and fortify WEU and EEU, if not recapturing Germany proper immediately.

In theory, you’ve won the game already. Now, just go out there to claim the trophy  :-)

• @Perry:

In theory, you’ve won the game already. Now, just go out there to claim the trophy  :-)

Really?! That’s great! Actually, I think so.:wink: I’ve taken EEU. I’m trying to fortify it and meanwile take WEU. Then Germany has to take one of them or defend hardly cos it has 1 inf in Caucasus and Egypt respectively, 2 arm in Germany and WEU and 3 ftr in SEU only. It doesn’t have enough troops now.  :-D

• Oh, NO! Japan has conquered India!!! Nothing can restrict Japan to invade Russia. It can conquer Russia in 2-4 rounds. But I need much time to take over Germany if it defend well… :|

Here’s the miserable situation now:
    Russia:
    Russia: 3 inf, 1 arm,AA, IC
    Karalia: 8 inf, 1 arm, AA, IC, (1 arm from US)
    Kazakh, Finland, Ulkraine: nothing

Germany:
    Germany: 2 arm, AA, IC
    Egypt: 1 inf
    Caucasus: 1 inf
    SEU: 3 ftr, AA, IC
    WEU, 2 arm, AA
    Northern Mediterranean SZ, Arabia SZ:1 tran
    Algeria, FWA, FEA, IEA, Libya, Iraq: nothing

The UK:
    UK: 2 inf, 1 arm, 1ftr, AA, IC
    Persia: (2 inf from Russia)
    EEU: 1 inf
    Congo, South Africa, New Zealand, Gibraltar, Eastern and Western Canada: nothing
    UK SZ: 1 AC, 1 ftr, 1 tran (1 tran from the US)
    Baltic SZ: 1 tran, (3 tran from US)

Japan:
    Japan: 7 inf, 1 ftr, AA, IC
    Yakut: 1 inf, 1 arm
    Kwangtung: 5 inf, 3 arm, 1 ftr, 1 bomber, IC
    India: 2 arm, AA, IC
    Kenya: 1 inf
    Australia, Burma, Madagascar, Eevenki Nat’l Okrug, Novosibirsk, Wake Island, Philippines, SFE, Manchuria, China, East Indies, Sinkiang: nothing
    Japan SZ: 1 AC, 1 BB, 1 tran
    Indian SZ: 1 tran, 1 BB
    Mozambique SZ: 1 tran

The US:
    E. US: 2 inf, 1 arm, AA, IC
    W. US: 4 inf, AC, IC
    Alaska: 2 inf, 1 arm, (1 arm from the UK)
    Hawaiian island: 1 inf
    Mexico, Panama, Wesrt Indies, Brazil: nothing
    E. US SZ: 3 tran
    Spain SZ: 2 tran

I have no ideas to overwhelm Germany before Russia fall. Please help me.

• 2007 AAR League

Russia should build nothing but Inf, and send allied fighters for quick extra defence. Transport UK units to Archangel where they can either reinforce Russia or turn on Germany.

• 2007 AAR League

@Frood:

Russia should build nothing but Inf, and send allied fighters for quick extra defence. Transport UK units to Archangel where they can either reinforce Russia or turn on Germany.

There is no Archangel this is Classic

• Yes, I’m playing the Classic.

Anyone has any advice, please?

• It is pretty easy to be honest…

Rus: Buy inf only and place everything on Russia, you still have 2 turns before the Japs turn up. (assuming this summary is from the start of the round)

UK: Buy another transporter, and 6 inf, save rest. Move the fighter to Kar, make sure your transporters stay out of range of his German fighters or keep them under protection from that carrier and that fighter.

US: This actually the perfect oppurtunity to get your shuck shuck in place again, and better than before! From now on every unit you build with the US must be placed in WUS, after that moved up to WCAN and you can ship your men away, because the ECan sz is connectec to WCan. From what I can see you can move 2 inf and 1 arm the next turn, not much, but it is an start. You have still little time, so keep building inf and ship them over to europe to help Russia, or finish of the Germans. If the US captured Germany they should have a monster income, make sure you can fill most of your transports next turn and keep your shuck shuck in place, you can maybe build a couple of fighters to help Russia or maybe a bomber and inf because you lack offensive power…

That should pretty much be your gameplan. By the way, if you capture Berlin on the same turn as they capture Moscow you still have the advantage as the allies!

• 2007 AAR League

@Heru:

Here’s the miserable situation now:
    Russia:
    Russia: 3 inf, 1 arm,AA, IC
    Karalia: 8 inf, 1 arm, AA, IC, (1 arm from US)
    Kazakh, Finland, Ulkraine: nothing

Japan:
    Japan: 7 inf, 1 ftr, AA, IC
    Yakut: 1 inf, 1 arm
    Kwangtung: 5 inf, 3 arm, 1 ftr, 1 bomber, IC
    India: 2 arm, AA, IC
    Kenya: 1 inf
    Australia, Burma, Madagascar, Eevenki Nat’l Okrug, Novosibirsk, Wake Island, Philippines, SFE, Manchuria, China, East Indies, Sinkiang: nothing
    Japan SZ: 1 AC, 1 BB, 1 tran
    Indian SZ: 1 tran, 1 BB
    Mozambique SZ: 1 tran

I am totally confused…?
    Japan only has 6 arm 6 inf in whole of asia. Furthermore, it has only 1 tranny close to Japan SZ, so it would take time to get units trannied into asia.
    2 IC (IND/KWA) is available for producing troops in Asia…

It’ll take time - lots of time - before they come knocking on Moscow. Just buy inf w/russia, and let UK/US kill off germany.

• Yes… let the UK and US finish Germany quickly and the game is easily yours… If you followed my advice you are set and done in a couple of turns…After Germany falls there is no way the axis can win.

• Excuse me, Bashir, I have several questions. Why build tran in WUS? And what is shuck shuck??? And Germany stiill has 36 IPCs, would it be difficult to conquer it now?

Perry, Japan has so few troops because it’s just taken over India.

• http://donsessays.freeservers.com/

Read that before your next game and it will improve greatly…

No trans in WUS, but the units you are going to ship over to Europe, because WCAN is adjuct to the ECAN SZ. Shipping from the ECAN SZ is better because you need less trans to ship over your troops to Europe…

• Thank you very much. And the site is GREEEEAT!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m