• VICTORIA – A well-known Winnipeg company will build the world’s first fleet of hydrogen buses under a $46 million contract awarded by B.C. Transit.

New Flyer Industries will build the 20 green machines, promising delivery by the end of 2009.

The fuel-cell powered, low-floor buses will have a top speed of 90 kilometres an hour and a range of 500 kilometres. The zero-emission fleet will be based in Whistler, B.C.

The B.C. government, which has promised to cut the province’s greenhouse gas emissions by one-third by 2020, says the buses will be a visible part of public transportation during the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Ballard Power Systems of Burnaby will provide the fuel cell modules and Calgary’s Dynetek Industries will supply the hydrogen storage system.

• 2007 AAR League

Kilometers …. :lol:

• '19 Moderator

We’ll be getting Hydrogen Busses too, as soon as we host the Winter Olympics…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Chicago has some hydrogen busses, we just don’t have a fleet of nothing but.

But I do remember we HAVE some, because the hydrogen tanks exploded back in 2000!

Anyway, I really, honestly, and truly desire for my state to stop with highways and busses and get on the ball making trains and rails.  Right now I can get to Chicago or go home.  I cannot just go to the west suburbs, south suburbs or go west of where I am now without first going to Chicago.

Why not convert our radian system into a cobweb system?

• @Jennifer:

Chicago has some hydrogen busses, we just don’t have a fleet of nothing but.

But I do remember we HAVE some, because the hydrogen tanks exploded back in 2000!

Anyway, I really, honestly, and truly desire for my state to stop with highways and busses and get on the ball making trains and rails.  Right now I can get to Chicago or go home.  I cannot just go to the west suburbs, south suburbs or go west of where I am now without first going to Chicago.

Why not convert our radian system into a cobweb system?

at least its not marta worst train system in the world. every county in Georgia has to approve if  a train can go in there county. i think marta only runs in fulton(atlanta) and dekalb.  the only state that has more counties than Georgia is California.  :-o it is totally ineffective.

• Cool, but Ill stick with my gas guzzling F-350.  I wont be able to drive it for much longer anyway. :cry:

• @cyan:

at least its not marta worst train system in the world. every county in Georgia has to approve if  a train can go in there county. i think marta only runs in fulton(atlanta) and dekalb.  the only state that has more counties than Georgia is California.  :-o it is totally ineffective.

Incorrect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_(United_States)#Number_of_counties_per_state

The only reason I know about this now is that a coworker made the dubious claim that our state (KY) had more counties than any other state in the US.  It’s actually #4 though, which surprised me…

• @Jermofoot:

@cyan:

Incorrect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_(United_States)#Number_of_counties_per_state

The only reason I know about this now is that a coworker made the dubious claim that our state (KY) had more counties than any other state in the US.  It’s actually #4 though, which surprised me…

okay we have more than california but still second place. but still ineffective.

• 2007 AAR League

Hey cool, I know a guy who works at Ballard (which will be making the fuel cells)

Zero-emission is not entirely accurate. You have to consider the source of the energy used to charge the fuel cells. It’d be pretty ironic if they’re using coal-fired power plants in BC…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m