Is Robin Hood a hero or a thug ?

• haha cuz they knew how to get money….yeah mideval Bill Gates’.  I would like to see you in the fuedal system. Or will you have some macho smart ass remark about how the serfs deserved their poor lot in life?

• @frimmel:

You didn’t have anti-hero as a choice. If you look at it in a fighter against convention light.

I have added your voting choice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_hero

Wikipedia also includes Anti-Villian, which seems viable for the poll.

So only one voter wants to change their vote?

• 2007 AAR League

The Robin Hood of myth was both depending on which side you were looking at it from. Or headgear for a bird…

• @U-505:

The Robin Hood of myth was both depending on which side you were looking at it from. Or headgear for a bird…

robin hood was defeintly a myth. but as a myth he was an anti-hero.

• 2007 AAR League

@cyan:

@U-505:

robin hood was defeintly a myth. but as a myth he was an anti-hero.

Defining the type of hero he would be wasn’t my intention. To you he would be a hero or, more apropriately, an anti-hero. And that is because you, as do I, see his would be actions as more heroic than villainous. In the age where a Robin Hood type character would have existed, he would have been a hero to the recipients of his beneficence(the peasants) and a thug to his would be victims(the aristocracy). Therefore, he is both. AND headgear for a bird.

• “Unlike some other Robin Hoods, I speak with an English Accent”

:mrgreen:

• 2007 AAR League

Robin Hood: men in tights?

Always wanted to see that movie. Never got around to it.

• @U-505:

Robin Hood: men in tights?

Always wanted to see that movie. Never got around to it.

Way better than the one with Kevin Costner.

• And it was back before Dave Chappel had to say “bitch” every other word in an effort to be funny.

• I’d have to say anti-hero.  Honorable cause, less than honorable method.  At least he didn’t aim to kill, and it’s not like most build their wealth on innocence…
    I would have voted for bird headgear as well.  :lol:

@ncscswitch:

“Unlike some other Robin Hoods, I speak with an English Accent”

:mrgreen:

Love that movie, and just about everything Mel Brooks does.  I had great fun showing Cary Elwes in a funny role to a girlfriend that adored him in “The Princess Bride.”  She never knew that movie existed.  Nowadays you could scare her by showing a contemporary picture of Westley.

“I pray that your first child be a masculine child.”

@ncscswitch:

And it was back before Dave Chappel had to say “b****” every other word in an effort to be funny.

Yeah, but he is funny still.  It’s just what people want I suppose.  I’ve been a fan since Men in Tights, but apparently not enough because I confused his name with the French photographer Dave LaChappelle.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m