• yes but Darth im talking about RR…. forcing the Russians to stay put on R1…thats was a big disadvantage for the allies

• 2007 AAR League

a bid of 9, 3 inf to ukraine seems to be effective

• 2007 AAR League

Who agrees to a bid of 9?  :-o  :-o  :-o

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Nix, I’ve gotten 13 IPC bids before.  2 Infantry, Armor in Ukraine, 2 IPC to Germany.

Thought, I only bid it when I WANT the allies, I presume my opponent ALSO wants the allies.

• 2007 AAR League

Even if I want to be allies I will never bid higher than 9

• Well, due to a bidding flaw, I once gave up 20 IPC to the Axis.

I still won that game (a very inexperienced player).  It is recorded somewhere on these boards…

Since then typical bid amount is 6-8

@AJ:

I’ll try to remember that. :P

• 2007 AAR League

@Jennifer:

@AJ:

I’ll try to remember that. :P

Haha darn :oops:

• 2007 AAR League

It’s just because I don’t want to play at such a disadvantage

• Is there a standard bid for league or tournament games?

I have a game in progress right now but we are gonna switch after I lose with the Allies and I get a 7 IPC bid.  I’m thinking about 2 Inf Ukraine and 1 IPC Germany.

In the League (at least recently) bids have been fairly common at 7,8, and 9.

You can safely bid 7 and almost be guaranteed to be the Axis.  A 9 bid will probably get you the Allies or worst case a 50-50 shot (due to random selection if tie bid) at the Axis with 3 more inf.
    And an 8 bid still gives you a pretty good shot at being the axis but you don’t really want to risk giving up the 3 inf bid.

I won’t bid lower that 8.  I’ll bid 8 if I want the Axis or 9 if I don’t care which side I am.
    Either way (as the Allies), I don’t find giving up 8 or 9 particularly scary.

I’ll bid 24 if I want to be the allies. :P

I’ll bid 6 if I want to be the axis.

If I had 7 IPC I would most likely go Infantry, Artillery in Libya
    If I had 8 IPC, non-league game, I’d like to try Infantry in W. Russia and Armor in Ukraine.

• 2007 AAR League

@Jennifer:

I’ll bid 24 if I want to be the allies. :P

I’ll remember that :wink:

Just bear in mind it isn’t always true.

Once I bid 124 for 20 tanks in W. Russia and 1 Japanese Battleship in SZ 45. :P

• I’d save 5 IPC for a free chance at a tech roll!  :evil:

• 2007 AAR League

inf Lib, 2 ipc Ger + ipc Jap.

• 6- 10 ipc
    2 inf - ukraine
    1inf, 1 art- libya
    1 sub - sz 7
    1 art,1 tank- fic OR 3 inf ukraine
    1 fig - balkans.

• I’ll give 9 to be the Allies any day of the week, but not on Holidays, I’m usually out of town. I think the Axis could use more than 9 to win, but I’m just used to that number, so I’ll stick with it. One hitch though, you can’t put more than one unit per territory, OK.
      Crazy Ivan

• @Crazy:

I’ll give 9 to be the Allies any day of the week, but not on Holidays, I’m usually out of town. I think the Axis could use more than 9 to win, but I’m just used to that number, so I’ll stick with it. One hitch though, you can’t put more than one unit per territory, OK.
      Crazy Ivan

On my games that is the bid Axis usually gets (or lower….if I feel during bidding that the other player REALLY wants the Axis then I have no problems in lowering the bid down to 3), and we use the 1 unit per territory.

Assuming a 9 bid, this is what I usually try:

• 1 INF for Ukr, WRus and Bielo
    • 1 TRN for SZ37, 1 additional IPC for J
    • 1 INF for Libya, 1 ARM for Algeria, 1 IPC for J

It really depends on the rules and type of bidding you use though

• Several units bid in same area are allowed ?

In a ‘Tournament of Champions’ file I’ve seen 3 inf in UKR are enough to deter Russian attack and give Germany a lasting edge.

In the Ladder (1 unit per area!) my recent favorite is 1 tank in Libya (or Algeria) and Japanese 1 arty in Indochina. Helps greatly with the usual J1 fighter crisis, to the point that Allied don’t dare so many threats at once, so the arty is a bit superfluous (I’ve attacked China with 5inf,1arty, 3 ftr) and taken empty India.

A nice paradox - Without the arty, it’s badly needed. With the unit it’s not needed any more…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m