• Makes sense to me too. If it didnt, Germany and Japan could easily overpower Britain while the US is forced to stand and watch.

• the rules are appalling. the version i have is apparently the 3rd edition and it has all the vagueness and contradiction of a rushed prototype! thoroughly frustrating! the incompotence in the production of this game is very dissapointing… and he had three tries to get it right!

• Who made it?

• ‘xeno games’ which i believe is just the one bloke, who’s name escapes me at the moment, and who probably does it from his basement…

i should dig up and post our clarifications for discussion… when i find it…

• ya I hear that the 3rd edition map is realy ugly, it has red borders

• and it’s far too small… he takes the original board, shrinks it, splits up territories and seazones and adds islands… so you have a greater need for space but less of it… grr…

• ya I think there starting to re-print the first editon because of the demand

• really? i heard ‘xeno’ folded a few years ago…

• and it’s far too small… he takes the original board, shrinks it, splits up territories and seazones and adds islands… so you have a greater need for space but less of it… grr…

Wait… the Xeno board is actually smaller then the A&A one? Gezzz… are there at least any blow up boxes?

• yeah… but they’re not terribly useful…

• Why do they still have stupid blow up boxes of Cuba or a few Japanese islands that really aren’t used… :-?

• bah. blow up boxes are irritating anyway… people invariably forget about them except maybe uk’s and possibly germany’s… just make the actual territorise larger. who cares if it’s not to scale?!

• wtf are u talking about ! the Xeno board is Much bigger then the World board! 8)

• not the one i’ve got…

• bah. blow up boxes are irritating anyway… people invariably forget about them except maybe uk’s and possibly germany’s… just make the actual territorise larger. who cares if it’s not to scale?!

Heheheheh… I’m one that likes to pay attention to the board, especially the blow up boxes. This is perfect like when the try to invade UK or Germany, and I’m like… s"orry you didn’t see my extra inf, ftrs, subs, trns in my blow up boxes? Too bad, this battle is going to cost you then." :wink:

• bahahahah one time playin World at war. i was japana and i put my garison for Japan in the blow up box. and every one forgot about them. so by the hird turn id alrdy delcared war and Britain took Japan by turn 3 cus nobody notced the 10 Inf in the blow up box lol till it was 2 late

• Yep, I had that happen before.

I remember this one time a uSA naval force attacked the Sea of Japan hoping to destroy my expensive transport fleet. WRONG!!! I guess he didn’t see the 1 AC w/ 2 ftrs and 2 BBs parked in the blow up box. Regardless, that battle did not go well for him. :wink:

• did you not feel morally obligated to point this out to your opponent and offer him/her a chance to retract his/her move?

• If I’m winning… probably. :)
    But if I’m losing… no. :wink:

• well if there not observant then its there problem.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m