Getting Bored of this Board . . .

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Well, we all know that Jermo never went through survival training!

Hydration from Animals: Drink their blood.  It’s also high in iron, yum!

You also can survive an entire lifetime on nothing but animal flesh.  You can survive on nothing but plant flesh, but you’ll suffer mentally, physically and bio-chemically due to improper nutrition.  Sorry, but there’s plenty of things you just cannot get from plants.  However, animals eat plants, thus, you get all the plant goodness from the flesh of the animal + the nutrition from what they turned that goodness into as well.

As for some animals not going extinct, it’s more then that.  Without humans we would have:

No Cows (like they can survive in the wild?)
    No Chickens
    No Pigs (hogs yes, pigs no)

Most fish would be gone.  We not only farm fish, but we create most the hybrids people like today like Striped Bass, etc.

That’s just the most obvious, most platant examples of wildlife that would not exist if we did not eat them.

• 2007 AAR League

You know Jermo I don’t think the Native Americans have thanked us enough for not wiping them out

• @Gamer:

Is it just me, or has the discussion level really dropped off lately?  I normally blow off thread discussions that strike me as lame, but THERE AREN’T EVEN THAT MANY LAME THREAD DISCUSSIONS ANYMORE!!

Where is everyone?  Reading the last Potter book?  If so, they’re taking too long … I finished it last night.  :-D

So in the interest of jump-starting a few discussions, I offer these observations in no particular order.  Sound off on any of them you please:

**** Does anyone want to place an over/under bet on whether Lohan gets more or less jail time than Hilton?

**** Speaking of betting, I’d be willing to “bet” there’s more than one NBA ref. betting on the games . . .

**** Michael Vick should be locked in a room full of hungry pit bills, the bastard!

**** Ratatoille was actually a decent movie . . . for an animated feature.  :lol:

**** Speaking of movies, it is WAY to expensive to go the movies these days.  Can you get into and out of the theater for less than $50 bucks (or, in my case, $100)?  Jeez!

**** Catherine Zeta-Jones is the HOTTEST woman on the planet!  :-D

Discussions, anyone?

1.  Currently reading The Boat of a Million Years by Poul Anderson
    2.  Lohan will get close to a year, more than Paris.  Give it 5:1 odds of 9-12 months
    3.  I am sure there are, using proxies
    4.  Michael Vick should be tried by a jury of his VICTIMS peers. The idea of putting him in a pit with 12 highly trained fighting dogs (with 4 alternates) sounds pretty viable  :evil:
    5.  Just saw Transformers, not bad (but not great either)
    6.  Yes, you can go for under $20.  Just don;t stop at the snack bar and go n the afternoon.
    7.  For those who said Angelina… before she got so freaking thin I would have agreed but right now she looks sick.  Rita Hayworth in her prime (as Gilda)… now THAT is hot!

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

7.  For those who said Angelina… before she got so freaking thin I would have agreed but right now she looks sick.  Rita Hayworth in her prime (as Gilda)… now THAT is hot!

I agree … a girl has got to have some meat on her bones

• If I wanted to have sex with a skeleton, I would break into a biology lab and steal theirs.  :wink:

• @Jennifer:

Well, we all know that Jermo never went through survival training!

I was in scouts, we did this stuff all the time.

Hydration from Animals: Drink their blood.  It’s also high in iron, yum!

Men don’t need lots of iron, and women can just as well “OD” on it.

You also can survive an entire lifetime on nothing but animal flesh.

No, really, you can’t.  It’s possible if you are an Inuit, eating a traditional diet, but you or I (assuming you aren’t Inuit) couldn’t do that.  And that diet isn’t comparable to the one you would have if you were lost in a temperate forest, eating only the animals you found.  You’d also have to get used to eating meat raw rather than cooked to get something other than protein.

You can survive on nothing but plant flesh, but you’ll suffer mentally, physically and bio-chemically due to improper nutrition.

Um, a vegetarian diet is perfectly safe. Vegan diets are a bit trickier, but can also sustain you, although I don’t necessarily recommend them for kids.

Sorry, but there’s plenty of things you just cannot get from plants.  However, animals eat plants, thus, you get all the plant goodness from the flesh of the animal + the nutrition from what they turned that goodness into as well.

Plenty?  No, that’s completely wrong.  Vitamin B12 is the only thing.  And you can get that from a good beer.

As for some animals not going extinct, it’s more then that.  Without humans we would have:

No Cows (like they can survive in the wild?)
    No Chickens
    No Pigs (hogs yes, pigs no)

This is some sort of accomplishment?

Most fish would be gone.  We not only farm fish, but we create most the hybrids people like today like Striped Bass, etc.

I guess you are missing the warnings that we are overfishing.

That’s just the most obvious, most platant examples of wildlife that would not exist if we did not eat them.

You sound so humble.  You do realize that when you eat something, it ceases to exist, don’t you?

@AJ:

You know Jermo I don’t think the Native Americans have thanked us enough for not wiping them out

I hope that’s sarcasm.

• 2007 AAR League

Of Course :wink:

Now the question is is that sarcasm :wink:

@AJ:

I sure hope his post was nothing but, because he got everything backwards in his post.  It’s like saying that there is ZERO pollution coming out of the North American continent.  Utterly and totally ridiculous.

• @Jennifer:

@AJ:

I sure hope his post was nothing but, because he got everything backwards in his post.  It’s like saying that there is ZERO pollution coming out of the North American continent.  Utterly and totally ridiculous.

What was this thing about addressing the argument again?

@Jermofoot:

@Jennifer:

@AJ:

What was this thing about addressing the argument again?

I did.  I basically said your entire arguement is a bunch of dung and that I hope you are being sarcastic because if you arn’t you are less informed on the subject then most people.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m