• It is a habit that I got into years ago… the way i type leads to the semi instead of the apostrophe.

It is pretty distinctive, and is almost a trade mark of my postings.

• Interesting, especially considering it’s (or it;s?) only one key over . . . :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

My uncle repo’s cars/computers and what nots.

You can get real good cars cheap then, like buy a car for $5,000 and sell it for 7-10K

I got my first few computers through his repo thing he does on the side. (he bought his house through that too)

I wouldn’t go and bid or buy cars from any random Repo-man etc… but he is my uncle so I know where the vehicles and stuff are coming from and what condition they are in.

• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

I refused to surrender to the impulse a couple of months ago after test driving a Crossfire.  It hauled a**, rode great, and it is a serious mid-life crisis car.

But I wasn;t having a mid-life crisis, so I am still driving my Aerio.  :-D

God damn I want a Crossfire :cry:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Currently in a Dodge Calibur while my Matrix is in the shop. (Idiot backed into it, at least he was moral enough to leave his contact information.)  Anyway, wish I had gotten that……then again, I always wanted a Kawasaki Crotch-Rocket. :)

In my defense, I just watched Top Gun last night, I WANNA MOTORCYCLE!

@NoMercy:

I wouldn’t go and bid or buy cars from any random Repo-man etc… but he is my uncle so I know where the vehicles and stuff are coming from and what condition they are in.

I’d be worried about the previous owners coming back for things like homes.  For cars it’s cool.

• '19 Moderator

LOL, I was talking to my wife about getting a Crysler 300 SR/T and she said I was having a midlife…

I’ll probably get a truck though.  I stilll have some shopping around to do.  And I know your thinking it CC, but no I’m not still driving the Redneck mobile, I got my 4runner back out of the Shop so the beast is parked again. :)

The funniest part about my car discussions with my wife is we are looking to trade her Corolla in for a mini van and I am talking about a 450 hp 6.1 liter hemi…  :-o

btw, I will complain about gas when everyone else does, but hybrid cars are crap and I’ll buy gas at what ever they charge as long as they sell it for my gas hog 4x4 ;)

• @cystic:

That’s around 41000 miles. 
    And anytime you’re in the 'Peg i’d be happy to.

Oh come on, CC.  Even though I don’t use km, I can figure it out.  :mrgreen:
    But I will take you up on that ride some time if I’m in the area.

I’ve got a Chevy S10, which I bought from my grandfather that recently died, so it’s got some sentimental value.  It’s nice for hauling stuff around, but it sucks because I can’t take my son anywhere in it.  It’s pretty economical on the gas, and I don’t drive it that much, so I fill up maybe once a month or so…

• @AJ:

@ncscswitch:

I refused to surrender to the impulse a couple of months ago after test driving a Crossfire.  It hauled a**, rode great, and it is a serious mid-life crisis car.

But I wasn;t having a mid-life crisis, so I am still driving my Aerio.  :-D

God damn I want a Crossfire :cry:

It FEELS nice to drive.  But in my line of work I spend a lot of time in the repair shops, and the shop of the same dealer where I test drove it tolld me walking away from it was the best thing I ever did.  The price is nothing of the cost of a crossfire… keeping it running will make you poor.

• '19 Moderator

I saw that movie “Who Killed the Electric Car” last night.  It was interesting, but what got my attention was the talk about the Prius coming out with a plug in option soon.  180 mpg might make me think about a commuter car…

• With my regular driving, I could ALMOST get away with an all electric, so long as Angel had a car with gasoline that we could travel in.  A Plug-in Hybrid would take the “almost” out of that statement.

I would run on pure stored household current 99% of the time, and the engine would kick in only on longer trips, etc.  My BIGGEST problem with be gasoline going “stale” and the need to add fuel stabilizer to each tank of gasoline (so my per-tank costs would rise).  But if you only buy 1-2 tanks per year…  I’d end up with mileage somewhere above 400 mpg, unless the plug-in hybrid is designed to run the engine from time to time just to prevent that stale fuel issue…

To me it is a no-brainer to create plug-in hybrids AND to have more than just the damn Prius to choose from.  Jen mentioned her Caliber… good looking car, and if it was available as a plug-in hybrid I would probably own one, even if the mileage was “only” in the 90mpg range because of the higher power demand for the larger vehicle.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m