• Okay, so a couple of my buddies and I spent a day in Philly, and that was a bittersweet expierience.

On the bad side of things, I can’t remember ever seeing so many people with towels on their heads. Jenkins kept doing a threat analysis on every Muslim he saw, and saying things like “If some OPFOR came around that street at us, what would our course of action be?” The very air smelt like a sewer was busted, and we had to walk everywhere because Philly doesn’t have a good public transport system like New York or DC. I do my share of marching on base, walking is the last thing I want to do when on leave.
    I was born and raised in the country. I’m not a city lover.

On the good side of things, we got a tour of independence hall, and got to see the room where our founding fathers debated concerning our becoming an independent nation. Very moving, I almost cried. We also got to see the Liberty Bell, crack and all, although it took us an hour to get to it because of the line of Japanese tourist snapping photos of pigeons… We also made our way to the King Tut exhibit, which was pretty neat. (Especially since we got a dollar off for being military personnel)

All in all, Philly wasn’t too bad of an expierience, seeing the room where great men sat was more than made up for the smell turbans.

Just thought I would share that with yall.

• 2007 AAR League

i was just in chicago.  i think i’ll move there.  not so many turbans, but a lot of women in headscarves.  i swear they just do it on purpose to not fit it.

i’ve never been more east than chicago in america.  i need to visit the east coastal areas sometime.

• I think you would be right at home in San Francisco. :wink:

I’ve haven’t been east of the Mississippi either, except for Hawaii, but thats not one of the continental states.

• there’s nothing wrong with muslims and, even though i think iran is a horrible nation, one of my friends is from there.

• @cyan:

there’s nothing wrong with muslims and, even though i think iran is a horrible nation, one of my friends is from there.

Actually, Islam is an alien religion to Iran and afaik most Iranians HATE the arabs for forcing islam on them.

• Back to Philly…

As a Western PA Native, our view of Philly is that it should be cut off from the rest of Pennsylvania, towed out to sea, and sunk.  And since New Jersey is in the way of allowing that to happen, carve it off and tow it out too :-D

• You sound like my uncle :wink:

• 2007 AAR League

@balungaloaf:

i was just in chicago.  i think i’ll move there.

Chicago is too laid back for you, balung. Th gay pride parade is one of the biggest and best parties in town and the only thing we get fanatical about is food(no ketchup on hotdogs) and sports(White Sox suck, Cubs rule).

• gay pride parades? Balung would have a blast at those. :mrgreen:

• 2007 AAR League

consider it a field day.  those russian guys wouldnt have shit on me.

secondly, i’m laid back.  when liberals arent messing things up.  which is never going to stop.  therefor lies the constant state of agitation. but thats a good thing.  nothing gets done without motivation.

i was just at the cubs game, with the fight b/w the 1 st baseman the other teams pitcher.  pretty cool, but not a lot of fighting, just pushing. how did the liberal sissification of america seep into our athletes?

maybe i’d push for a straight pride parade.  with people in skimpy outfits showing how proud they are to be heterosexual w/ the natural ability of reproduction.  sounds like that wouldnt bother anybody in laid back chicago.  it’ll be a bigger party than the gay one.

i will come to chicago…for school at northwestern.  thats the plan.

and for the last time chicagoans,  get off the obama horse for God’s sake.  he is not going to cure cancer or bring peace to the world.  i went to second city’s comedy show, and the cast did a show revolving around obama.  so the infection is putrid and spreading, the only hope is amputation.(aside, the show was funny)

• But you must remember Balung, hes not just Obama, hes “Barrack the magic negro…” :mrgreen:

• 2007 AAR League

@balungaloaf:

i was just at the cubs game, with the fight b/w the 1 st baseman the other teams pitcher.  pretty cool, but not a lot of fighting, just pushing. how did the liberal sissification of america seep into our athletes?

Because losing a starting player on your team means losing games and when you’re trying to make a run at the division it’s just plain stupid. And the bench players know that they will get suspended worse than the guys who started it if they escalate the fight. If you like to watch people doing dumb shit then stick to wrestling.

@balungaloaf:

maybe i’d push for a straight pride parade.  with people in skimpy outfits showing how proud they are to be heterosexual w/ the natural ability of reproduction.  sounds like that wouldnt bother anybody in laid back chicago.  it’ll be a bigger party than the gay one.

The straight pride parade is called Oak Street beach and it lasts all summer. But good luck with that, I’m sure you’ll make a lot of friends.

• 2007 AAR League

dangit, i mean a PARADE.  flonting staight sexuality, through the middle of a big city.

• 2007 AAR League

And how would you propose to do that while preserving your Christian values? Putting makeshift bedrooms on the floats with big signs reading “married people having straight sex in here. The way it should be.”?

• You could jsut have a big black box with that sign on it since they would be in the dark in there too.  And of course it would only be a 3-minute parade :-P

• NOWHERE in the bible does it say that you must be married to have sex.

• @balungaloaf:

dangit, i mean a PARADE.  flonting staight sexuality, through the middle of a big city.

It wouldn’t work.

As soon as you have two guys in there, they fight over the parade (women) for themselves.

And the women would do the same for the one guy there.  So basically it becomes a hetero riot.

@M36:

NOWHERE in the bible does it say that you must be married to have sex.

And thank God for that!

• @Jermofoot:

As soon as you have two guys in there, they fight over the parade (women) for themselves.

Why can’t everyone share like Angel and I do?  :roll:

@Jermofoot:

@M36:

NOWHERE in the bible does it say that you must be married to have sex.

And thank God for that!

Did they take the Adultery clause out of the 10 commandments?

Although the definition of “adultery” differs in nearly every legal system, the common theme is sexual relations outside of marriage, in one form or another.

• Well, the English definition is cheating on ones wife.

• @ncscswitch:

Why can’t everyone share like Angel and I do?  :roll:

I’d like to think I would be ok with this, but am not sure.  Maybe send Angel my way to test?  8-)
    And no offense (you may not have meant this anyway), but I’m currently not interested in dudes for sexual companionship.  Playing a good game of A&A is a different story…

@Jermofoot:

Did they take the Adultery clause out of the 10 commandments?

Although the definition of “adultery” differs in nearly every legal system, the common theme is sexual relations outside of marriage, in one form or another.

Hmm…you may be right about that.  But that is considering sexual intercourse between a married man and someone not his wife.  Does it refer to non-married people, too?

@M36:

Well, the English definition is cheating on ones wife.

I think the contemporary definition is more synonymous with infidelity, but it originally may not have been exact.  Either way, “cheating” is at the core.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m