• Israel won’t support us becuase they all ready have their hands full with Palestine. We don’t necessarily need the support of them either. I mean, c’mon, YB was right on the mark when he said that Saddam’s army will virtually liquify when the fighting commences.

• Crypt, options to sit and watch genocide?

OVer confidence? Thats like saying that we are too overconfident to assume that we can tie our shoes. We crushed them already. We already are fealing out anti-Sadam groups to take over. We’re not be going in and occupying sities, we will be destroying Sadam’s military so anti-Sadam forces can take over. One plan being tossed around invovles taking the most important military positions /command centers. Once Sadam can no longer give orders, he’ll lose the country. These soldiers were being forced to fight at gunpoint.

• Agreed YB.

America’s in the toughest position out of any country, becuase on one hand they say we shouldn’t be the world’s policeman. But then when something terrible happens, somehow as the world’s only superpower, we were expected to do something. Bush will face immense criticism regardless of what decision he makes.

• The Iraqi people fight to the death? That’s just another feudal Japan. IF America was able to beat Japan, they can beat Iraq. By the way, Iran and Saudi Arabia are against attacking Iraq and I heard today on Israeli radio that the British found out that Saddam plans on providing the suicide bomber with biological weapons in order to increase te devastation in Israel.

• The British and the Turks are not talking, no talking means no help. If you understand the Diplomatic World, neither country is going to risk their large Aid packages by saying No.

I still have not heard 1 logical reason to attack Iraq. Iraq is probably the only Non-Fundalmentalist Islaamic State in it’s area.

There was not a Single Iraqi in the planes on September 11th. There were over a dozen Saudis.

Saddam does not starve tens of thousands of people to death every year. You need to stop listening to Bush.

So you want to fight the people who attacked us? Why the hell are you going after Iraq? Oh, you want the Saudi’s oil don’t you?

• Sorry, i didnt know that yanny was such an expert on international politics. Because how else would he be able to make the claim

The British and the Turks are not talking, no talking means no help.

and yanny, one more time. What do you base your casualty figures on? and why bring up a cartoon about tony blair?

• @Yanny:

The British and the Turks are not talking, no talking means no help. If you understand the Diplomatic World, neither country is going to risk their large Aid packages by saying No.

I still have not heard 1 logical reason to attack Iraq. Iraq is probably the only Non-Fundalmentalist Islaamic State in it’s area.

There was not a Single Iraqi in the planes on September 11th. There were over a dozen Saudis.

Saddam does not starve tens of thousands of people to death every year. You need to stop listening to Bush.

So you want to fight the people who attacked us? Why the hell are you going after Iraq? Oh, you want the Saudi’s oil don’t you?

I’m not just talking about what bush says, Yanny. Saddam is dangerous and I know first hand. I lived in Haifa, Israel during the Persian Gulf War and felt me whole house shake as a scud passed over my house. I had to wear the gask masks and that was no fun, it was almost impossible to breathe in them. At the end of the war, they found out that they didnt even work properly. It was very scary. Today he plans on giving biological weaposn to the Palestinian terrorists and on possibly attacking the United States with biological weapons. The longer we sit on our asses the slimmer our chances become, because his twists and demented plans become closer to a reality. History has proven time and time again that America’s policy of non-interference in world affairs until they become personal has not worked. Hundreds died on the Lusitania in 1917, 2400 died at Pearl Harbor on the “date which will live in infamy” (December 7, 1941) and over 5000 on September 11, 2001. Each time the attack is worse and worse. A biological attack could wipe out 80% of a city such as Los Angeles very quickly. The time has come to break history’s repetition and to wake up early to smell the coffee.

• Yanni, so now we can only attack terrorists if they attack us first? What the hell kinda sense does that make?

• That’s a better policy than what Israel can do, according to Yanny. According to him, Israel can’t retaliate against terrorists at all because they might kill civilians in the crossfire which makes them like Nazi Germany. What the hell kinda sense does THAT make?

• LOL. Good point Emu.

• No, terrorists are different than sovereign nations. You see, Iraq is a sovereign nation, terrorists are not. Going around toppling sovereign nations is a bad thing. Imposing our will on sovereign nations is bad. Sure Iraq is hostile towards us (or at least it’s leader), but that doesn’t mean we should crush them; I consider that bad. Next we’ll be crushing communists right and left in the US becuase they don’t like the way things are run and have the potential (small, but there) to recreate the government, and that’s scary becuase it’s change. Communists don’t make Americans (most) feel safe, therefor they must go. I can simplify this further, going after Iraq is BAD.

• i think i kind of agree with bossk on this one.

• @bossk:

No, terrorists are different than sovereign nations. You see, Iraq is a sovereign nation, terrorists are not. Going around toppling sovereign nations is a bad thing. Imposing our will on sovereign nations is bad. Sure Iraq is hostile towards us (or at least it’s leader), but that doesn’t mean we should crush them; I consider that bad. Next we’ll be crushing communists right and left in the US becuase they don’t like the way things are run and have the potential (small, but there) to recreate the government, and that’s scary becuase it’s change. Communists don’t make Americans (most) feel safe, therefor they must go. I can simplify this further, going after Iraq is BAD.

Yesterday Saddam threatened Israel and the United States with biological attacks. I dont think we should give him the chance to put his plan into action.

• Wow, Emu I’d have to say you’d be in more danger driving on an American Road than you were in Israel with Scuds being fired at you.

Iraq is a nation, not a terrorist group. They have done nothing to provoke us. And I am telling you, your going to have hundreds, if not thousands, of US soldiers killed if we do this. Your also going to have tens of thousands Iraqi Civilians killed, for Bush’s political interests.

• Well then, Yanny, I guess according to your reasoning America should not have entered World WAr 2 against Germany or Italy and should not have fought the Korean War or even the Persian Gulf War because it was not directly attacked. A load of crock, in my opinion. Thousands of Iraqis may die, but that is better than them dying along with thousands of American civilians and the American soldiers who will fight in Iraq anyway after Iraq attacks the United States with biological weapons. It may be part of Bush’s political interests, but it is also a fact that Iraq is dangerous. Their war with Iran cost the deaths of a million people due to Iraq’s use of chemical weapons. Saddam isn’t bluffing. He will use biological weapons against his enemies. All America has to do is topple Saddam’s regime and leave without imposing any government on Iraq.

• So you want to fight the people who attacked us? Why the hell are you going after Iraq? Oh, you want the Saudi’s oil don’t you?

Does it? Saudi Arabia (SA) does control 30% of the world’s known oil reserves (the greatest in the oil rich Middle East). However, SA today provides only 8% of the oil consumed by Americans and only 15% of the US’s crude-oil imports, less than half the amount US imports from Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela. The Saudis depend far more on US investment. Without oil to fuel his or her economy, SA will totter on the brink of economic collapse. The emergence of a hydrogen fuel cell (if widely adopted by 2008-2010) can erase US’s dependency on foreign oil.

No, terrorists are different than sovereign nations. You see, Iraq is a sovereign nation, terrorists are not. Going around toppling sovereign nations is a bad thing. Imposing our will on sovereign nations is bad. Sure Iraq is hostile towards us (or at least it’s leader), but that doesn’t mean we should crush them; I consider that bad. Next we’ll be crushing communists right and left in the US becuase they don’t like the way things are run and have the potential (small, but there) to recreate the government, and that’s scary becuase it’s change. Communists don’t make Americans (most) feel safe, therefor they must go. I can simplify this further, going after Iraq is BAD.

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by “we should crush them.” Our main object is to remove Saddam from power, his loyalist (military and political), reorganize the government, and seizes his NBC weapons capacity. This does not mean going around “Death Star” style, murdering every Iraqi civilian, flattening entire residential neighborhoods, destroying every commercial building imaginable, or claiming Iraq has our 51st state. If we can complete those objectives above with the most limited amount deaths and destruction, we will do it. As for the Communist, don’t worry, we’re peace-loving people. :wink:

Your also going to have tens of thousands Iraqi Civilians killed

Civilian lives WILL perish. However, I’m not sure we can draw assumptions about numbers ranging around the “tens of thousands.” Remember, how much the media extravagated the death tolls in the early reports of September 11th? If there’s one thing I know about the media (especially the liberal ones), is that they love to throw around high causality estimates, when in reality, that number was much lover. Josef Stalin said it best, “When you kill one, it is a tragedy; when you kill one million, it is a statistic.”

On another note, Iraq does support many terrorist organizations with money, training camps, and the technical knowhow. Hamas (which has received a lot of coverage as of late) is largely funded by the Saddam’s assets, along with technical readouts on how to design better, more powerful bombs.

Each time the attack is worse and worse. A biological attack could wipe out 80% of a city such as Los Angeles very quickly.

Hot damn! On a personal cord, can’t let this happen! :evil:

Britain and Turkey are NOT with us on this one. The only British Politician (and his close supporters) that want to go with us is Prime Minister Tony Blair. Tony Blair frequents local political cartoons as a dog in Bush’s lap.

Britain would be a help to our operation, but they aren’t vital to the operation. From what I heard as of late, Turkey has given us their support in marshalling points for the invasion. And lets not forget Kuwait, we have their full backing in case of an invasion.

Our regular military is green, only the most elite special forces have limited combat experience.

As a note, any troops that have not engaged in active battle are considered “green.” By these means 80%, those who fought in the Gulf War would be considered “green.” Yet those troops still preformed brilliant against even Saddam’s crack troops and armored divisions. It is US’s superior training and conditioning (which many other countries do not enjoy) that will keep our men alive.

Saddam does not starve tens of thousands of people to death every year. You need to stop listening to Bush

As a little known fact, yes they do. You don’t need to be a Bush supporter to see this. In UN “Oil-for-Food” Program (allowing Iraq to sell petroleum in exchange for funds for food, medicine, and other humanitarian imports) Hussein has spent only a fraction of the $15 billion generated from the program for food for starving Iraqis, but instead to finance his military arm and supplicated telecommunications equipment. Compare this with before sanctions were introduced, where Iraq used to spend about $3 billon a year on food and medicine imported from abroad. Are the UN sanctions unfair to the Iraqi people? Yes. Are the reparations we force Iraq to pay exploitive? Yes. However, to say that Saddam isn’t a major reason why tens of thousands of Iraqi children starve each month (Saddam esp. likes to target those “unloyal” to him [ex. Kurds, political fractions]) is a major misnomer.

• I just learned that Saddam is going to be supplying Palestinian terrorist (eg. Hamas, Hezbala) with biological weapons to use in their bombings against Israeli citizens. Why are so many people playing devil’s advocate with this topic? Bomb the mofo and reinstate a stable and less threatening government!

• I just learned that Saddam is going to be supplying Palestinian terrorist (eg. Hamas, Hezbala) with biological weapons to use in their bombings against Israeli citizens.

Yes, Saddam is a large supporter of Palestinian terrorist, especially in the field of bomb making. It’s not surprising even a madman would go this far.

• @izcoder:

I just learned that Saddam is going to be supplying Palestinian terrorist (eg. Hamas, Hezbala) with biological weapons to use in their bombings against Israeli citizens. Why are so many people playing devil’s advocate with this topic? Bomb the mofo and reinstate a stable and less threatening government!

how about because “we don’t think it’s right for the US to clean up its messes with explosive and violent means”.

• You’re right, cystic crypt. We should sit down and discuss it with Saddam over tea and biscuits. I’m sure the psychopath would be very cooperative. I mean, he simply uses chemical weapons on Iranians and Kurds, but we can still discuss his threats and tyr to reach a civilized agreement. When Los Angeles is wiped out, we’ll see what you’ll have to say.

Sorry about using Los Angeles, Moses, I forgot you live there and it makes a good example.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m