• “Secret US-Iran Understanding Co-opting Iran to US Military Front Against Baghdad Iran Joins Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Kuwait, Bahrain in Broadening Pro-American Muslim-Arab War Alliance”

Questions or comments?

information obtained from http://www.debka.com/

• @TG:

Ha, foolish guy. Nothing is to be obtained from burning flags.

Well, he makes quite some bucks with that :)

• @Jazz:

Questions or comments?

Well, looking at this site is comment enough.
    I don’t think that anyone here could assume they are not biased towards Israel.

• @F_alk:

@Jazz:

Questions or comments?

Well, looking at this site is comment enough.

naturally everyone here is biased, to some degree, towards or against Israel.
    But it appears most of us like sandwiches :)

• Egypt, Saudi Arabia … no surprise.
    Iran has the most to gain … our good graces(for the short term) and influence with the Shi’ite Muslims in Iraq. This will enable Iran to have a say in the founding of the new Iraqi gov’t. Better yet, the possibility that part of Iraq may split and join Iran to become the founding member nations of the Great Islamic Republic.
    As the Debka article states … Iran does not have to stop hating nor working toward the destruction of Isreal. Too many gifts for Iran to pass up. - Xi

• Well, if Bush’s crazy bill gets passed in the Senate (giving him free reign to attack any country in the region), Iran is next after Iraq.

• He won’t get everything he wants. That’s why it’s called ‘checks and balances.’
    Oh, yeah! Iran is on the list and THEY KNOW IT! However, change will come from within Iran. The gov’t. has been to oppressive for too long there. The people are pushing for freedom. The Saudi gov’t. is also aware that it’s time is limited. They may not like it, but if those governing do not help to change the gov’t. themselves, they will not like the outcome at all (OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!) - Xi

• “Checks and Balances” doesn’t work a month before the election.

• Well, he makes quite some bucks with that

Hahahaha… the irony of capitalism. :wink: “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing but watch helplessly and complain.” Tell him that, you tell him word for word.

The Saudi gov’t. is also aware that it’s time is limited. They may not like it, but if those governing do not help to change the gov’t. themselves, they will not like the outcome at all (OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!) - Xi

Well if the Royal Saudi family does go, who will replace them? How will you keep extremism and Wahhabism under control?

naturally everyone here is biased, to some degree, towards or against Israel.
    But it appears most of us like sandwiches

Nah, I don’t really have feelings either way for them (will I support the Republic or the Confederacy? :roll:). But you’re right, I do like sandwiches. 8)

• State Supreme Courts and The US Supreme Court have acted quickly when needed … see Presidential Election, 2002. - Xi

• @F_alk:

did i tell you about the guy from close to my
    hometown to produces easy-burning flags?

@F_alk:

Well, he makes quite some bucks with that.

Capitalism works! Even for Liberal Europeans who despise it!
    :lol: (Not u F_k.) - Xi

• I am sure he sends that evil money to pay off the debts of the 3rd world. :wink:

• Just had a chat with my dad. Just about got into the whole “attack Iraq, anti-palastinian, anti-kyoto, 2-tier health care, Alberta seceeding from Canada, Cretien is a cretin” discussion. Glad we only “touched” on the first two - otherwise i’d never get to bed :)
    (i’m still not sure that attacking Iraq is a good idea, although i am starting to think that we need some action. Dad’s turned into a warhawk (albeit a Liberal one) in his old age.

• F_alk:

Hey, I admitt they are supporters of Israel but they are open about it. Not like CNN and the biased “stuff” they say.

• Hahaha, I would think old folks (like your father) would see little in war.

• Why are you surprised?

I would actually think that (despite watching their buddy’s die) that they would witness first-hands the benefits of what our wars have brought us.

• BTW,
    now that the UN and Iraq have come to an agreement on letting back the inspecteurs, with free access except to the 8 palaces……
    and the US threatening to veto it (which legally is impossible, but still would have a major impact: in strengthening the Iraq as they know that the inspectors are not “fully backed” by the UN…)

What do you say to that: The US gov’ not only says as open as they can that it’s not about the weapons but about the man, and has no trouble in accusing the UN to be a “debaters club” and threatening to turn it into one once they get their will ('cause that’s what happens, when the UK/US-resolution should be accepted, taking away any influence the UN has, blackmailing them into submission, noone will ever take any UN-threat seriously after that)…

So, your opinions?

• @TG:

Hahaha, I would think old folks (like your father) would see little in war.

Dad was born in '48 - his father was in the military during the war, as were his uncles, but he lived in the boom times that followed the war. Also he’s getting more and more conservative in his old age. Kind of an interesting progression from the man who started and worked nights in an inner city clinic designed to help the very poor and destitute.

• now that the UN and Iraq have come to an agreement on letting back the inspecteurs, with free access except to the 8 palaces……

Hmmmm… looks like you also forgot to include the 12 square miles of land and more than 1,000 buildings around Hussein’s palaces (under the agreement). :-?

your opinions?

I think that the time has come to dissolve the UN and set up the 5th International…

• T_6,
    Good call on both the 12 sq. miles/1,000 buildings and the 5th International…

The Bush Admin is giving France (the Up Yours! We are Ingrates Bunch) about two more weeks. Then we go with a Non UN Alliance. The rest of the world can do it without France(or Germany for that matter.)

Q: How many B1Bs and B2s does it take to flatten an Iraqi palace?
    A: One of either will do. Though the palaces
    will mushroom themselves before flattening. - Xi :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m