• Lets say you move a Battleship and 2 loaded transports to an empty sea zone, which is adjacent to more than one terrotory and want to conduct an amphibious assault where troops in one transport want to assault one territory, and troops from the second transport want to assault one of the other adjacent territories:

1. Can the Battleship participate in bombarding both territories? (ie is bombardment allowed once per COMBAT or once per ENTIRE TURN?)
    2. Are there differences in rules between 2nd ed revised and Larry Harris Tourney Rules?

3. Lets say that Battleship already in seazone that you want to assault from, if it participates in bombardment, can it also move during the non-combat phase? (I suspect no cause it was part of combat, but an opponent I played against insisted it could arguing it was simply a property of battleships)

4. If answer to 4 is “no it cant make a non-combat move”, and you intend to move battleship during non-combat move, can you elect NOT to bombard (ie is bombardment optional or a compulsory action?)

@sdafilli:

1. Can the Battleship participate in bombarding both territories? (ie is bombardment allowed once per COMBAT or once per ENTIRE TURN?)

No.

@sdafilli:

2. Are there differences in rules between 2nd ed revised and Larry Harris Tourney Rules?

No, not when dealing with battleship bombardment.

@sdafilli:

3. Lets say that Battleship already in seazone that you want to assault from, if it participates in bombardment, can it also move during the non-combat phase? (I suspect no cause it was part of combat, but an opponent I played against insisted it could arguing it was simply a property of battleships)

No.  Once it bombards its move is done.

@sdafilli:

4. If answer to 4 is “no it cant make a non-combat move”, and you intend to move battleship during non-combat move, can you elect NOT to bombard (ie is bombardment optional or a compulsory action?)

Yes.  You do not have to participate in the bombardment and if you don’t you are free to move the BB.

• The reason for question 1, was that while playing on triple-A, I’m sure the program allowed the Battleship to bombard twice, but just once per combat (during the 1st round of each combat)…… (could be wrong though, as the resolution of dice went quickly, but on confirming via the “game history” it appeared that bombardment occurred twice)

Did you happen to have 2 battleships (Japan)?

In this case you could chose 1 bb to bom one place and the 2nd to bom another.

I’m not sure why TripleA would allow it.
    But a singular BB can bombard only one territory, you can choose which one, but you shouldn’t be getting a singular shot in multiple battles.

• @DarthMaximus:

Did you happen to have 2 battleships (Japan)?

In this case you could chose 1 bb to bom one place and the 2nd to bom another.

I’m not sure why TripleA would allow it.
    But a singular BB can bombard only one territory, you can choose which one, but you shouldn’t be getting a singular shot in multiple battles.

Actually your right, I did have 2 Battleships, but now you got me thinking as to whether I allocated each Battleship to bombard separate territories. Given that this situation never crossed my mind uptil then, I may well have just clicked the default settings given to me without paying closer attention to how the Battleships were allocated…

But thanx either way for clearing this up for me  :-) (I’ll pay closer attention on triple-A next time… I might even try re-simulating the situation and see how the program handles it  :wink: )

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m