• I had to laugh when i read another forum member refer to The Lancet as a liberal rag.  It’s ironic as this is considered one of the more rigourous medical journals in the world (i.e. top 5), with a very high “impact factor” (i.e. it is quoted very frequently in many other journal articles) - in fact, it is around 3rd in the world as far as its impact factor in medical journals is concerned.  Every article is very rigourously peer-reviewed (i.e. a large group of speciallists in the cited field critique every article and study’s methodology, results and discussion), and put through an enormous amount of scrutiny. 
    Admittedly there is an editorial board, but this for the most part is made up of physicians - experts in internal medicine.
    Interestingly enough, I believe The Lancet is published by Elsevier - a publishing company that is currently being heavily criticised for its mother company’s involvement in international arms markets.  Regardless of how you feel about this, consider that the VAST majority of physicians in nations that practice evidence-based-medicine rely on The Lancet for ground-breaking research.  If this is worrying for you - i.e. that a liberal rag has such a massive impact on the medical world, the next time you are having a heart attack - i’m sure your chiropractor can refer you somewhere . . . .

• :lol: Didn’t you know that all scientists are pawns of the liberals. :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

not all……quite a few though.  and they are shameless in using their jobs to further their political views and to help their political parties.  without a doubt.

and so what would medical doctors know about polling?

• Did you not see I was joking or did you choose to take me literaly? Or are you joking yourself?  :|

• 2007 AAR League

Do you understand the term “peer review”?

The lancet covers a lot of issues regarding healthcare one “branch” is epidimologi.  Hint: statistics is used…

• @balungaloaf:

More importantly, what would you know about polling?  Or the Lancet?

Oh Civility, why can’t we seem to keep it together…  :|

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m