• Hi. I am visiting these boards for the first time, and I thought I would share a rather amusing game I had only recently. I was playing as the Axis, and I managed to execute Operation Sealion succesfully in R2. Funny, eh? Here’s how it happened.

My friend took the Allies on the condition that he agreed to the optional rule where Russian may not attack in R1. So in R1, he moved 2 armor over to the east to threathen Manchuria, and reinforced Karelia with 8 inf. In Germany’s turn, I bought a trans, and spent the rest on inf. I sunk the British navy, and slammed whatever forces I could amass into Karelia. Bad move - I was forced to retreat as I lost most of my infantry leaving my armor without cover. UK set up an IC in India and saved the rest. The he took his 2 british fighters to attack my navy and landed them in Gibraltar. (See the problem here?) I purchased 2 trans and 2 inf for Japan (always thought and early IC on the mainland to be a bad idea). Left the US navy alone in Hawaii and gathered the fleet around Japan. Figured I had the option of counterattacking in Manchuria or possibly nvading Hawaii. US bought 2 subs for the Pacific 1 trans for Atlantic. Transported 2 inf to Africa and consolidated navy at Hawaii. Then he flew his bomber to Hawaii to threaten my Jap Navy. (This was the move that would eventually lead to his downfall.)

Russian R2, invaded Manchuria as expected. Placed another 8 inf in Karelia.

Germany R2. This is where all hell broke loose. I noticed that the british isles were defended only by 2 inf, 1 armor, a bomber and an AA gun. My transport in the Baltic was still alive. I took over 2 inf and 2 fighters and my bomber to attack. I lost 1 inf and had to sacrifice both my fighters, but the UK was mine, along with the 45 IPC he was carrying :lol: . What’s more, he had no way to counterattack with the US and liberate it. After all, his bomber was too far away, and he had no way to sink my transport. Else he could have brought over 2 inf and 1 armor for a counter. But it was not to be…

Next round, I placed 8 inf in UK and repelled his attempt to recapture it. He surrendered.

Amusing eh? Anyone else managed to force surrender in R3?

• Amazing… that is one great accomplishment you have there. I do not think I have ever seen anybody pull off such a move by invading the United Kingdom. I hope you do not use that move on me! :D

• Outstanding. This clearly shows the need for the Allies to eliminate the German fleet or at the very least strengthen defences at it’s home territories!

• @Field:

Outstanding. This clearly shows the need for the Allies to eliminate the German fleet or at the very least strengthen defences at it’s home territories!

i’ll second that!
    never leave Britian undefended if Germany has a transport
    in the Baltic Sea!
    the allie player must have been a novice!
    i salute you for teaching this fool a leason!
    :evil: if you leave your door open,you’ll get unwelcomed guest’s! :evil:

• A G2 Operation Sealion– that has got to worth something! Not that many players are willing to take that chance. Congratulations. Now what did you do with those 45 extra IPCs? :lol:

• What I did with that extra IPCS? Heh, while I briefly considered setting up a mighty German navy using UK’s production zone, I ended up spending most of it on armor. The war wasn’t going so well for me in the western front. In that same G2, I did some pretty crazy stuff with Germany aside from invading UK. In G1, I had vacated Ukraine to attack Karelia, and it was basically empty for Russia to walk into at the start of R2. This he did, using everything he had in Causcasus. Anyways, aside from invading the UK, I also took almost everything else I had and whacked Karelia. I won, but with only 1 armor left. I had 2 transports, 2 inf and 2 armor in Southern Europe. I placed another 2 inf in Africa (figured I needed more manpower than firepower there). The tank was also meant for Africa, but I got cheeky and plopped it into the vacated Causcasus. :P

So when G2 ended, we have the remnants of the Russian army (9 inf) holed up in Ukraine, and surrounded by 1 armor in Karelia, 1 armor in Causcasus, and 6 inf + 1 fighter in Eastern Europe. Weird, huh? I spend all of G2 cash on inf again. Heh…needed to replace all the losses I suffered.

Anyways, in R3 he split his inf and took back Karelia and Causcasus without losses. I was left with no armor. Yes yes, foolish move, risking my tanks like that. But it was worth it to see the look on his face after I hemmed him in. :wink:

So in R3, my purchases were 10 armor and 14 inf (8 of which got placed in UK).

The war on the Pacific Front was negligible. Nothing significant happened. It was just a case of Japan vs US in a game of “I’ve got a bigger navy than you - HAH!” All show, and no combat. Yes, I bought a Battleship in J2, and another carrier in J3. :roll: It certainly kept the US distracted.

• I played a game online as the USA and my UK allylost The British Isles on G2. Naturally, we ended the game right there because there was no point in cotinuing.

• The Allies are idiots if they leave the Baltic transport alive at the end of the first round.

• You said you were having trouble on the Western Front. Did you mean the Eastern Front or did the Allies conduct a D-day invasion on Western Europe?

• :roll: It took 9 posts but EG finally noticed the second error in the scenario.
    Let’s look at the other one. In the subject line Guest states this occured during the R2(NOT Sealion), but it actually happened in G2.
    Come on, guys! Pay attention!
    –---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great catch, Guest! - Xi

• Do I get a prize?

• EG,
    Shuuuuuuuure you do! I crown you Empoorer :D of this string for a day. Starting immediately. So you’d better get back here and enjoy it while you can!
    –----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: What did the Belorussian venture capitalist say to the Moldavian venture capitalist ? A: Got any money?

• Empoorer or emperor? I thik you made a mistake. Do I get another prize for fnding out this mistake too?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m